Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter thirty four

Part thirty four:

Four more weeks had passed now. Next week, my cast can go off. That would be the first week of August. What I didn’t tell the guys, was that my birthday was the day after I could get off my cast. After the party they threw for my housewarming, I wasn’t really ready to see what they’d do for a birthday. I was never the birthday type really, so I didn’t care all that much. During the past few weeks, the guys had continued filming, I appeared in a few episodes as a referee or something like that. The guys said I was just what the show needed, a female touch. It was nice though. Bam and I had gotten a lot closer too, he really wanted to make sure I had everything I needed. I knew guilt had a lot to do with it, but it still was nice he cared so much. I told him many times it wasn’t necessary, I would ask for something if I needed it. But he just kept on doing stuff for me. It made me smile..

If I wasn’t helping the guys with anything for filming or reading, I was making flyers to put up in town. Asking people if they were interested in paintings or murals. April helped me a lot with that. I decided I wanted to make writing or painting my profession. Believe it or not, I actually started a book. It was about a teenage girl that came to discover she had the power to move things with her mind. I had always been into the magic world, this was my chance to actually loose myself in a self made story. The guys didn’t know about it yet though.. I was afraid they’d laugh at the topic of my story.. After the party, Ville and the guys left again. They had an album to record.. I did have a nice conversation with Ville though, we exchanged numbers. He was a good friend, I enjoyed talking to him. Thanks to him I realised something.. My feelings for Bam were developing in something more than friendship. Ville told me I should just tell him, or let him know in a subtle way. But I had been rejected to much in the past to have the guts to do that. Yes, I’ve had a few boyfriends, but that didn’t start until I was about 17.. I wasn’t completely sure if I should be the one to tell him how I feel, call me old fashioned, but I really am a wait off kind of girl. I’m more the type that waits all her life for the guy to proclaim his love to her. Only to discover he was just as shy as she was..

"Oh here you are sweetie.. is it okay if we stay at our house for the next week? " April asked me with a smile. I looked at her and cocked an eyebrow. "Huh? Is something wrong with this house? " She laughed. "Oh no.. but Phil and I are no longer needed for filming, and we want to go home to be honest.. And we don’t want to leave you here alone.. " I smiled. "I’m not alone April, they might be a little rough sometimes, but the guys won’t kill me. " I nodded at her to say it was all good. She now looked confused. "But.. didn’t the guys tell you..? " I shrugged. "Tell me what? " She looked a bit sad, or.. apologetic.. "They went to Hawaii.. last night.. I really thought he told you! " She ended a bit more angry. My eyes went wide. "Hawaii? What are they doing there? " She shrugged. "All I heard was something about Kelly Slater Celebrity Surf.. Bam and Tony were invited, and MTV only would let the guys come along if they filmed something for the show, some kind of special. I’m sorry Hell, I thought he would let you know. " She send me another apologetic glance. I shrugged. "Meh, it’s cool. Shall we go? " I said smiling. She looked relieved. "Yes, I’ll get your crutches. " She walked back inside and I stared out over the deck. It kind of hurt, them leaving me here without a word. But especially Bam. I didn’t like the rate at which these feelings were developing themselves.. I never had been so hung up on a boy before.. "Let’s go.. " April’s voice got me out of my thoughts. I smiled and let her fold up my wheelchair. We got in the PT Cruiser and sped of to April’s house. I was working on my laptop, writing the third chapter of my story. April was the only one I would let it read. She couldn’t wait for the next chapter, at least that’s what she told me. It was nice to get those compliments. But in the back of my mind, I couldn’t get rid of the thought of the guys opinion on it. I got the impression they wouldn’t touch a book with a ten foot pole.. Let alone read it.

I never got around to calling the guys anymore. I got on a roll and continued writing. After I had dinner, I went back upstairs to lay down on my bed and work on further with my chapter. April only encouraged me, seeing as she wanted to read the next chapter. After about fifteen minutes I became a little low on idea’s and decided to call Bam. "Llow? " He sounded incredibly sleepy, I guess I "Forgot" the time difference, it would be really in the morning over there. "Hey asshole.. Thanks for letting me know you guys were leaving.. " I said a little stern. But I couldn’t help but smile at imagining his sleepy face. "Hell.. hey.. sorry.. " He sounded more awake now. I shrugged, not like he could see it but still. "Hey, it’s cool.. I don’t care if you guys have to leave or anything, it’s your job after all, but it would be cool if you just told me.. I sat there for three hours straight on the deck, wondering when you were going to wake up.. when April told me to come with her to her house.. That was a bit odd.. " I said laughing a little. It did sound stupid.. He chuckled slightly. "Yeah, sorry.. It kind of took me by surprise too. I’m supposed to enter this celebrity surf competition thingie.. I’m not even entirely sure myself. But I heard from it an hour before I was supposed to fly out. Leave it to MTV to organize these things.. " He muttered the last part. I knew he wasn’t happy with the way they did business over there. Supposedly they had treated him bad before. Because of his shows, he wasn’t really taken seriously. And planning wasn’t their strong side either.. I smiled. "It’s cool.. Quiet though.. When are you guys going to be back? " I asked him. I couldn’t disguise the little bit of hope in my voice. "Probably in two weeks.. If all goes well. " He answered. "Ahhh" I whined. "Then you won’t be able to witness my cast taken off! " I heard a slap on the other side, guessing he slapped himself on the forehead. "Ahh, shit sorry.. Make pictures for me will ya? " I laughed at this. "Moron.. " I laughed. "Ah, you love me for it.. But I have to go.. You woke me up just in time. I have to train this morning. Tell Ape I said hey will ya? " I smiled. "Will do, good luck huh? Kick some scrawny surfer butt! " I said waving my fist in the air. He laughed. "I’ll try.. Now, go back to your book miss writer. " He said before hanging up. I stared at my phone dumbfounded. How did he know!?

Well, you can guess. That next week wasn’t exactly entertaining. I went with April to the salon. I would just work there, in the back room. She didn’t want to leave me alone all day. I knew all the regular customers by now. And how could they not… they knew about me and my book too. It was funny. They were all so interested, but I wasn’t ready to let anyone read it. Besides April.. But as the week came to it’s end, I grew more impatient.. I really wanted to get that cast off of me. And guess what? Today was the day! That meant my birthday was tomorrow, but that was the least of my worries right now. I woke up, it was now 9.00.

I hopped downstairs and waited for April to wake up. Normally she was up around 7, seeing as Phil went to work early, but they both had off today.. so they slept in. I sat on one of the barstools waiting impatiently for her to come down.
"You’re up early.. " April’s voice shook my out of my thoughts. I almost jumped up. "Yah! I can’t wait to get this thing off! When was my appointment again? " I asked her with pleading eyes. She laughed. "At noon dear.. I’ll just go shower and make you some breakfast.. go watch a movie! That will kill time.. " I nodded and hopped towards the tv. I kept on changing channels, impatiently waiting for that stupid time to hurry.

I sat bouncing on my seat in April’s car. She laughed. I called Bam. "Hel—hello? " He panted. "Wooow.. tired much? " I laughed. He chuckled. "Yeah, you would be to if you just beat Tony fucking Hawk in a surf competition.. what’s up? " He asked now breathing a little more regular. "I’m getting my cast removed today!!!! " I yelled in the phone. I heard him laugh. "Congrats on that one.. How you feeling? " I grinned. "Itchy! I want to walk again! Breaking your ankle ain’t fun! " I pouted. Apparently that shook his guilt awake again.. "Sorry Hell.. i really am.. You know I am right? " He started rambling. I laughed. "I didn’t mean that Bam Bam.. you just go surf. And when you get back, I’ll be able to run and be wild again with you guys. " I said with a smile. He chuckled. "Good, I-WE missed that.. Talk to you later okay? I have to gloat for a moment.. " I laughed. "Later.. "