Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter thirty eight

Part thirty eight:

I went home after that day, it was two weeks ago. I hadn’t seen the guys since. I spoke tot hem though, regularly. They were out touring the country, promoting the new season of Viva la Bam. I didn’t mind though. Yeah, I kinda missedhim them. But it did give me time to finish my book, and catch up with Ville. We talked a lot. He was touring again and I had a lot of fun listening to the stories that he told me. I also found out the stalker I suddenly had on myspace, were him and the rest of the band. They were bored in the tour bus. I rolled my eyes at him. "And you claim to be more mature than Margera? My god Ville.. " I laughed. He chuckled and inhaled deeply, my guess, he was smoking again. "Sorry sweetheart, a man has to do something to keep him entertained! " He laughed. I rolled my eyes again, I did that a lot around these guys. "By stalking an innocent starting writer? Shame on you Valo.. " I heard laughing in the background. I wailed. "My god, why don’t you tell me when I’m on speaker phone! " More laughing. "Ahh fuck you Valo.. " I said with a laugh. He chuckled. "I have to go.. more epiphanies.. I’m almost done now.. " I heard applause. "That’s great news.. will you send us the last few chapters too? " Ville asked me. I had been sending them the chapters I made every time I finished one, just to get some feedback besides April. They loved it.. apparently. But I think that’s because I worked vampires into the story.. "Yeah Ville sure, I’ll mail tonight. I think I will have it done by then, I’m really coming close now.. " It remained silent. I sighed. "Jesus Christ, you really are men aren’t you? I didn’t mean it like that! " I hung up. They knew I wasn’t pissed. I just wanted to start writing.

Just when I finished writing the last chapter, my cell rang again. I leant back looking satisfied at my computer screen. I picked up my cell. "Helena! You didn’t call! " Bam’s voice rang through the phone. I laughed. "Well you’re doing it now.. so does it really matter? " I smirked. "One, yes it does matter.. and two, i’m not doing it now.. because then I wouldn’t be on the phone.. now would I? " I heard the smirk in his voice. I groaned. "My god.. why does every guy has to be a man today! " I threw up my arm. "Ehh..Hell, you realize that that did not make much sense? " Bam sounded confused. I grumbled. "Yeah yeah.. I know.. I’m weird, SUE ME! " He jumped. "Jesus girl, what’s up with you? " He asked confused. I sighed. "Nothing.. just tired.. I have been typing for the last 5 hours. " Yeah, I did tell them about my book.. they didn’t laugh at me, like I expected them to. But still, I didn’t let them read it. "and? " He asked. "Done.. " I said with a smile. "Yes! " He exclaimed. "NOW can we read it? " He asked hopefully. "I don’t know Bam.. " I started. "Ahh Hell, come on! I will be honest and so will the guys! " I snickered a bit. "Well, Bam Bam, I think this honestly is the first time you’ve asked if you could read a book. I didn’t think I’d live to see the day.. " He huffed. "Yeah yeah.. quit rubbing it in. I’m curious to see what my friend wrote in her book, is that so bad? " I sighed, knowing he was right. "No.. of course it isn’t. Sorry, I’m just afraid of peoples judgment. " He smiled. "Don’t be.. please? " I could almost hear him pout. I laughed. "Fine.. I’ll e mail it you you when we hang up. " "Yes!! " He exclaimed. I snickered at his behavior. "So, where are you guys now? " I asked while stretching my arms above my head. "Ehh.. I don’t know actually! " He answered laughing. I rolled my eyes. "Oh! Dunn says that we’re in Ohio, Columbus I think.. " I started laughing. "You do realize that’s the same city Ville and the band are in right? " He squealed. "Why don’t I know that! " He yelled. I laughed again. "I don’t know.. guess he had enough of you for a while.. " I said with a smile. "Well, thanks for spoiling that for him my dear Hell. " Bam answered. I laughed. "Don’t worry about it. Hey, I sent the document already. I’m going to take a shower.. I’ll see you guys in a.. week right? " I asked. "Cool, yeah we’ll be back in a week.. Rest a bit okay? Five hours of typing aren’t that good for the human body.. " He said. I raised an eyebrow but smiled. "Thanks Bam Bam, I will. Have fun stalking your lover huh? " He laughed softly. "I will.. later Hella. " I smiled. "later Bam Bam. " We hung up and I went to take a shower.

"I mean it Hell, you are an excellent writer. You’ve described the growing process of the girl so detailed! I swear, you should go to a publisher, I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t mean it.. " April said. We were sitting in my house, I had asked her to come over. I wanted her opinion on the last few chapters. I sighed. "I don’t know April.. I don’t think I could handle it if they totally trashed it. I mean.. isn’t it better just to keep living in this little dreamworld.? I like that you guys love it.. But is it really good enough for the big work?" She shrugged. "Sweetie, if you don’t try.. you never will know. What is it to you if they hate it? The people who are close to you, love it. And we all mean it. " I sighed and looked at the book in front of me. I had put it together in a little binder. "You’re right.. I think.. " I said softly. She smiled and hugged me. "I’m always right sweetie.. " She said with a smile. I looked at her with a smirk. "Now it’s really obvious where Bam Bam get’s it from.. " She laughed softly. "Yeah.. I feel sorry for the people who have to deal with his kids later on.. " She said eyeing me. I laughed it off, but wondered if she knew just as much as Ville did. "So.. I think I’ll make the dreaded call.. now.. " I said fumbling with the binder. April smiled and patted my shoulder. "Do you want me to stay here? " I shook my head. "Nah, I’ll manage.. Thanks April.. " She smiled, kissed my cheek and left. God I loved that woman, how could she be such a comforting person! Like she doesn’t even care about herself..

Well, the dreaded call turned out good. I had sent it in three days ago and they had requested that I came for an interview. April was ecstatic when she heard. I inhaled deeply and stepped inside the building. "Hello? I’m Helena Duquette. I’m here for an appointment with mister.. Devons. " I said to the receptionist. She smiled. "Yes, you are expected, take the elevator to the sixth floor, then take the third door on the right. Good luck. " I smiled. "Thank you. " It was refreshing to meet an honestly nice person. I went up and knocked on the door. "Enter. " A stern voice said. "Ah miss Duquette I presume? " I nodded. "Have a seat. " I sat down in one of the big leather chairs in front of his desk. He folded his hands and looked me in the eye. " I have to say, this is one of the most interesting books I’ve read in the pas few years. Can I ask where you got this idea? " I shrugged. "I often make up little stories to keep myself entertained when I’m bored. This was just one of them. I just got the inspiration to elaborate it, into a genuine story. " He nodded and wrote something down. "Well, I’m happy to inform you that we are certainly interested in publishing your book. " I almost jumped out of my chair. "Do you have any idea for a cover? " I nodded softly, afraid of telling him. "Yes, I also draw a lot.. and I already drew a cover, just for myself though.. I didn’t expect this to happen. " For the first time he laughed. "That happens a lot, is there any possibility that I can look at this cover? " He asked with raised eyebrows. I shook my head. "No, not now that is.. I didn’t bring it. But I can send it to you immediately when I come home, it’s digital. " He nodded. "That’s perfect. Well, this may seem a little forward. But we want to start printing the first shipment as soon as possible. This won’t be a big shipment though, we first want to see the acceptance of the public, but if it hooks, more will follow soon.. " I nodded. "Of course.. when will you start? " He chuckled. "Well, I guess as soon as we get your cover print.. " I shot up. "Well, don’t let me stall this process any longer then! " I smiled. "Thank you so much sir.. this means a lot.. " He nodded with a smile. "You’ve did this yourself Helena, take this home with you. This are the terms we work on. If you get me this back, signed, including the cover.. we can start working. " I nodded, thanked him again and left. Outside the building, I couldn’t help but squeal. I called Bam. "Yeah? " He sounded out of breath, at the moment.. I didn’t care enough to ask if something was wrong, I was in heaven. "Guess what.. " I said, hardly able to contain a smile. "What? " He asked. "You’re talking to a soon to be published author.. " I said softly. It remained silent. "Your joking right? " "No Bam! They’re publishing my book! " I said laughing. "Hella! That’s awesome! " He yelled into the phone. I heard the guys in the background, asking what it was all about. When Bam explained, they started cheering. "Well, we’re all reading it now.. None of us has finished it yet, but I honestly think it’s written really well. Even though my opinion can’t really count. Can’t say I’ve read that much.. " He said laughing. I smiled. "Of course it count’s.. thanks Bam.. It means a lot.. honestly. " He quieted down. "Anytime Hella.. I’ll see you soon okay? " "Jup.. Later Bam"