Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 2

“Alex, All Time Low is on tv.”
Alex bolted though the door and flew down the stairs, skipping steps and almost falling to his death. He ran through the hallway and grabbed the doorframe to the living room, sliding around the corner. He threw himself on the couch. Jack was smiling at the cameras. Alex scrambled to the remote and turned the volume up.
“Dude.”
“Shut up.”
“DUDE.” Vic shoved at him to move. He’d accidentally trapped Vic between himself and the couch.
Oops.
He moved to the left and freed the tiny Mexican from his prison.
“Sorry.”
Vic shrugged and turned to the tv. Alex did the same.
Jack was standing on an amplifier playing furiously on his guitar. He was looking up at the sky, face flushed and eyes closed. He was mouthing the words to “For Baltimore”.
Alex knew the song by heart and started singing. Vic groaned.
“Alex” he whined and swatted Alex thigh. Alex smiled and sang louder as the chorus kicked in.
He stood up and grabbed an invisible microphone. He mimicked the singer’s moves as he tilted his head to the left and did the leg thing. He heard Vic mumble something but he didn’t care, because “For Baltimore” sounded way better than Vic’s threats and besides, he knew that the brown eyed boy would never actually feed his head to alligators.
“Are you having a spasm or something? Your legs are acting weird.” Vic teased.
Alex gave him a look. Vic knew about the leg thing because it was Alex favorite thing in the entire world and he ranted about it to him all the time. Vic was just being a dick.
Evil Mexican.
When the song was over Jack reached for a water bottle and sprayed it in his face while shaking his head. With water dripping from his jaw and hair plastered to his forehead, he looked directly into the camera and winked.
“How is he even real?” Alex sighed.
Vic chuckled and put and arm around his best friend.
“Why don’t you just ask him? You know, since you guys share dreams and all.”
Alex rolled his eyes and wriggled out of Vic’s embrace.
“Vic, it happened. Stop making fun of it.”
Vic held up his hands in defense.
“I’m not saying it didn’t.”
Alex muttered something about sarcasm and turned to the screen again.
________________________

“I saw you on MTV today.” Alex mumbled into Jack’s neck. They were lying on a pile of jackets in front of his locker.
“You did?” He smiled.
“Yeah, Vic called me down from my room. You played For Baltimore when I got to the tv, I really like that song. ” He decided against mentioning how he almost died from running as fast as he could to the living room or how he almost cried when Jack did the water thing.
“I like that song too.” He said caressing Alex hair while Alex traced invisible patterns on his arm. They stayed like that for a few minutes, just listening to each other’s heartbeats.
Alex never wanted to leave.
“Are you real?” Alex asked after a while.
“What do you mean?” Jack furrowed his brows.
Alex shook his head lightly against the crook of Jack’s neck.
“I don’t know. This just feels so surreal.”
Jack chuckled and Alex could feel his chest rumble. He loved the sound of Jack’s laugh.
“Yeah, I know. I can’t believe I’m cuddling with Alexander Gaskarth!”
Alex giggled and swatted Jack’s chest.
“Shut up.”
Jack grinned at him. Alex rolled his eyes.
They stayed silent for a few minutes before Jack spoke up.
“Of course it feels surreal, we’re dreaming for Christ’s sake. But I feel like, you know, there’s a point to it? Like, there’s a reason for all of this.” He gave Alex a small smile.
Alex thought about that. What if they were made for each other? What if they were supposed to be together all along? What if they were actual soul mates? He smiled.
Alex Gaskarth, Jack Barakat’s soulmate.
________________________

“Pass the sauce” Vic mumbled with a mouth full of fries.
Alex took the bottle and held it against his chest.
“Ask nicely.”
Vic rolled his eyes and sighed.
“Dear Alex, my wonderful best friend, would you be so kind to hand me the hot sauce before I rip your throat out?”
Alex chuckled and put the sauce down in front of Vic. Vic smiled at him.
“Thank you.” He poured out half of the bottle on his fries before Alex ripped it out of his hands.
“Are you mad? You’re ruining your delicious, fatty fries!”
Vic raised his brows.
“Give me the sauce Alex.”
Alex shook his head and put the hot sauce as far away from Vic as possible.
“No, you’ve abused your hot sauce privileges, so I’m taking them away from you. No one should ever ruin perfectly good fries by drowning them in that much hot sauce.”
“Alex, give me the sauce.”
“No.”
Vic groaned.
“Why am I even friends with you?”
“Because you love me and because I’m Jack Barakat’s soul mate.”
Vic raised an eyebrow. Alex threw a fry at him.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is very short but whatever