Wet Dreams Are the Best Dreams

Chapter 4

Alex laid his head on the desk. He closed his eyes and replayed last night’s dream in his mind. Jack had called him perfect. Alex frowned, he was far from perfect. Jack, on the other hand, was the definition of perfect. His hair was always in the shape of a perfect Mohawk. His eyes were the perfect chocolate brown and his smile was filled with perfect white teeth. Everything about him was perfect. Alex sighed. He didn’t understand how Jack could call Alex perfect when he himself was the most perfect creature to ever walk the face of the earth. Alex could never ever reach Jack’s level, he was way out of his league. He was Jack Barakat for crying out loud, and Alex was, well, Alex. The he shy boy from Bristol, a nobody.
Alex was woken up from his dreamlike state by a finger stabbing his ribs. He made a face in pain and protected his innocent ribs with his hand.
“That’s going to bruise.” Alex whined.
A smile crept up on Hayley’s lips. There was something seriously wrong with that girl.
“Alex.” She breathed. Alex raised his brows in question. “Jack Barakat follows you on twitter.”
Oh.
“Uhm, yeah.” He regretted the words the very second they left his lips. Hayley was going to be pissed.
Her eyes narrowed. Alex knew his friends well.
“You knew? And you didn’t tell me?” She hissed. A few people turned their heads to look at them.
“Could you please lower you voice? I promise I’ll tell you all about it later, okay?”
Hayley crossed her arms and gave him a nod. Alex sighed in relief and opened his textbook on the page written on the whiteboard. He spent the rest of the class trying to avoid Hayley’s judging eyes while faking interest.
The bell rang and Alex felt nails digging into his arm as Hayley dragged him out to the hallway. She pushed him up against a locker. Alex blushed when he remembered the last time he felt the cold metal of the lockers pressed against his back.
“Talk.” She crossed her arms again and looked at him sternly.
Alex scratched the back of his neck. He had no idea where to start, or what to say. He figured telling her the truth would end with him in a body bag. He actually felt a bit bad about keeping what had been going on the last few weeks from her, but he also knew that he probably shouldn’t go around telling the whole world about it. He told Vic because he was his best friend, and it had still felt like he was crossing some kind of line.
“You know how Jack sometimes follows fans that tweet him?” Hayley looked at him in disbelief. Alex really hoped she didn’t stalk Jack’s twitter enough to pick up on his lie. “Well, do you remember when he replied to one of my tweets?” she nodded. “He started following me after that but I forgot to tell you about it, I was way too excited about him talking to me.”
“Oh.” Alex mentally did the victory dance. She believed him.
______________________________________________

“Okay so if you got stranded on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere, and you could only bring one thing, what would it be?”
Jack chuckled. “Really?”
Alex swatted his shoulder. “Shut up and answer the question.”
Jack flung an arm around Alex shoulders and grinned down at him.
“I can’t answer your question if I’m shutting up and your question holds flaws. Did I know that I was going to be stranded? Since I was bringing something? You know, I don’t think it’s called being stranded if you know you’re going to get stranded even before you board the plane, boat, whatever. It’s more of an unpleasant vacation.”
“You can go home if you’re on a vacation.”
“Not if you die.”
“Okay, let’s say you were on the titanic and when the boat sunk you swam to an iceberg and got stranded there. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a genie manifested and said that he could bring you one item of your choice. What would you ask for?”
Jack hummed. “Well, that seems highly unlikely. I don’t think anyone from the titanic got stranded anywhere. And if there’s a genie, can’t I ask him to take me to shore? My wish is his law, right? Oh! Is this you telling me you want to be the Rose to my Jack? Or, well, my Rose? That’s cute Alex. But if you let me die just because you want some comfy space on that door then we are through.”
“Jack!”
“Fine, Jeez, I’d bring you.”
Alex felt his heart grow the size of Africa. He put on a fake hurtface and gasped.
“Are you calling me a thing? Are you objectifying me? Am I not more than an inanimate object to you? Wow. Thanks.”
Jack groaned and silenced Alex by kissing the frown off his face. Alex gave in and opened his mouth slightly, letting Jack in.
______________________________________________
Alex sat down next to Vic on the couch. Vic didn’t even notice him. He was too busy playing the new GTA on his Xbox.
“Vic”
No response.
“Vic”
Still nothing.
“I am exactly one and a half meter from the power button.”
Vic paused and turned to him.
“Alex I swear to God.”
Alex smiled. “Oh, so now you hear me.”
Vic sighed and put down the remote next to him. “I heard you before. I just refused to acknowledge your annoying ass.”
Alex ignored that comment.
“I need your help.”
“What a shocker.”
Alex punched him in the arm. Vic gasped and grabbed his bicep. “Ow, that hurt!”
“Hayley almost found out about Jack today. I think she’s suspecting something.”
“Do you want me to use my Mexican gang powers to whack her?”
Alex ignored that comment too.
“Can you be my alibi for the concert?”
Vic sighed. “Alex, you don’t even have to ask. Just tell me the date and I’ll make a facebook status about it or something.”
Alex smiled and gave his Mexican bestie a very manly hug.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for all the recs, subs and comments! I love hearing what you guys think of my fic :)

A special thanks to Vera , ilikedavidpavluk on tumblr, for helping me with this chapter! If you're into sterek you should check out her fics here : http://archiveofourown.org/users/joyfuljaybird

Oh, just wanted to add: I am posting this in a bit off a hurry so if you find any spelling errors or something like that, shoot me an ask on my tumblr (theelderlygayturtle) and I'll correct it!

xxxx