Status: discontinued, being re-written with original characters, might continue it later maybe

Remember Me

Chapter 1

Gerard POV
I sighed as I walked up the path towards the fifth school my Dad is making me go to this year. My brother Mikey was walking beside me, probably dreading this just as much as I was. It’s always the same routine, go to a new school for a few weeks, until dad is done with whatever shit he came to this place to do, then pick up our suitcases, make sure no weapons are left in the hotel room, and leave. Repeat.

The reason we move around so much is because we’re hunters, we kill monsters, save people, it’s the family business. It might sound a little crazy, but in our life, the monsters under our beds aren’t just scary stories. They’re actual things disguised as people walking around and killing humans. Dad made us come to Belleville, New Jersey because some freaky demon stuff has been going on for the past couple weeks, so naturally, we had to come here to check it out.

This morning Mikey and I, Gerard in case you were wondering, were woken up by the Misfits blaring through my radio, telling us to get up and get ready for school. So that’s what landed me here, in the front office of Bellville High, wearing an uncomfortable school uniform, getting my schedule from a sour-faced woman behind a desk. As I walked out into the hallway, I got a few curious looks and whispers of who’s the new kid? But no one was actually saying anything to me. Yet.

“Hey! I’m Lindsay, but you can call me Lyn-z! You must be new!”

Spoke too soon. I had to control myself because I jumped, and almost lashed out at an apparently very excited girl that was stood in front of me. She was pretty, with dark hair and cherry red lipstick, but not really my type. And she was apparently waiting for me to reply.

“Hi, yea I am new, but you can call me Gerard.” I flashed a smile at her, “Could you show me where the chemistry classroom is?” I asked.

“Sure! Just follow me!” She replied. Lyn-z seemed really peppy and her personality didn't match my mood at all, I just wanted a cigarette. She was quiet the whole walk, I guess she saw my ‘deep in thought’ look that I perfected so that people wouldn't talk to me.

“Well here we are!” when I looked up I realized we were at the chemistry classroom but I had absolutely no idea how we got here because I was so lost in thought. I had to get my hands on a school map.

“Thanks Lyn-z, see you around, I guess.” I said just before turning and almost running into the classroom and away from her. I looked around and decided to sit in a seat in the back so that no one would try to talk to me. The class slowly started filling up and the teacher walked in just as the bell was ringing. If she tried to make myself introduce myself I was going to punch something.

“It seems we have a new student!” the teacher crowed. I groaned, I knew what was coming next.

“Why don’t you come up here and introduce yourself?” Definitely not my day. I was about to try to ignore her request when her eyes flashed black for just a second. My fucking chemistry teacher was possessed by a demon. I need a coffee. I slowly stood up and walked to the front of the room while she stared at me.

“I’m Gerard, and I just moved here, and my life is none of your goddamn business.” I said towards the class. I caught the eyes of a small black-haired boy for just a second before I walked down the aisle back to my seat.

The rest of the lesson I couldn't concentrate, I kept looking at the back of small boy’s head. I decided to call him small boy until I could talk to him long enough to figure out his name. I was sure I had never met him before, but he seemed familiar, and he looked surprised when I met his eyes for that split second. It could have been my introduction, but I needed to find out more about him either way.
At the end of class I packed up my stuff before trying to catch small boy before he left but he seemed to have other ideas as he was out of the door as fast as his short legs could carry him. When I got into the hall I could see him talking to a tall guy with an afro, and as they were turning the corner I heard him shout,

“But Ray, he wasn’t supposed to see me!”

*********************************

I was really confused over what I had heard small boy shouting to afro guy (it seemed appropriate) so I decided to ask Mikey what he thought of the whole situation. I couldn’t concentrate in my next class, which didn’t have small boy in it, because I had to figure out to do about Ms. Johnson (crazy demon teacher) and I didn’t know if I was even the one that wasn’t supposed to see small boy!
When lunch finally rolled around I had a splitting headache and I needed a cigarette, badly. I texted Mikey to meet me outside near the back of school property so we could talk and I could smoke in peace.

When I got to the spot that I had texted Mikey about, he was already there and eating a sandwich. The speed that boy has never fails to impress me. I sat down and pulled out my cigarettes. After a few minutes of silence, I spoke.

“So my chemistry teachers possessed.” I heard I sigh from Mikey.

“Weird, my math teacher’s eyes were a window to his soul too. Think they could be targeting this school?

“I dunno Mikes,” I sighed, “they definitely could be, but there’s no way to know for sure unless we trap one of ‘em and ask them ourselves.” My mind immediately started swirling around ideas of how to capture my friggin’ chemistry teacher in a demon trap, and keep her there long enough to find out why she’s surrounded by highschoolers in her free time. I was so deep in thoughts that I almost forgot about small boy.

“I also saw this really weird kid who made eye contact with me for about one millisecond then ripped it out of class as soon as possible. Then I heard him yelling to his friend about how someone, possibly me, wasn’t supposed to see him. Thoughts?”

Mikey looked at me like I was crazy.

“So you made eye contact for that short of a time then decided his whole world revolved around you? Never thought you were that self-centered, Gee.” He joked.

“Mikey, I’m serious, there was something familiar about the kid, and I can’t put my finger on what, plus he looked decidedly surprised to see me. Think about it, in our world, there’s a huge chance that he could have been talking about me.”

“You could be right,” Mikey conceded “but let’s not corner the kid and scare him out of his mind okay? You should actually talk to him instead of pointing something at his head and asking him what he is.”

“Alright Mikes, your way sounds better, I guess.”

Just then, the bell rang, so we headed off to our classes with plans to meet at the impala after school ends.
♠ ♠ ♠
so this is my fist fanfiction ever, and its chaptered so if its not perfect just tell me what you want me to change in the comments i guess?

my plan is to update every weekend, maybe more often when it gets longer, and i already have a lot written, so i think it'll work out. Comment or subscribe if you like it!