Status: Complete

I Can Feel You in My Bones

Thirteen

I wake up with TJ’s arm around me, he spent the night here. I can feel his warmth along my back, his steady breathing behind me.

Last night I agreed to go on tour with him, we talked, we made out, a lot, it got late and he spent the night at here, in my bed.

He’s still here; it was real.

I slowly side out from under his tattooed arm, doing my best to not wake him.

When I step out of my room I see my brother sprawled across the couch, reading. He puts the book down as he notices me entering the room.

“I seriously hope you and your friend didn’t have any plans for today because it’s past one in the afternoon.”

“Shit, that late?” I mumble, rubbing my face in an attempt to fully wake up.

“Late night?” Trevor asks, seeming half interested but mostly amused.

I shrug. “Kind of.”

He sits up, repositioning himself on the couch. “Are dating him or something?” He nods towards the closed door, where TJ is still asleep.

“I don’t know, maybe. I think I’m going on tour.”

“Right now?”

“In, like, two weeks I believe.” I shrug at the end to show that I’m not quite certain.

“Right, that’s is a solid plan you got there, Ivy.” Trevor’s not judging me, he’s just poking fun.

I smile and join him on the couch.

“What are you going to do on tour?” he asks.

“Help out I think, same as before. Oh, but I think I might be getting paid.”

“Are you sure about anything right now?”

“No, not really,” I say with a smile.

Trev smiles back. “You’re a mess, you know that?” he says.

I chuckle. “I’m trying okay, we’ll see what happens,” I tell him.

Our conversation is cut short by my door opening again.

TJ stretches his arms up above his head. His shirt lifts at the bottom exposing part of his lower stomach. I do my best not to notice, it’s cute as hell. “Morning,” he greets casually.

“Not really,” responds Trevor. I roll my eyes; he’s not funny at all but he thinks he is.

The three of us look between each other for a moment before Trev stands up grabbing his book as he does. “I’ll be in my room,” he states as he leaves.

TJ smiles at me once we’re alone.

“Hi,” I say returning the smile. We remain on opposite sides of the room.

I half expect him to make some excuse and leave, restarting the cycle but instead he crosses the room to join me on the couch, filling the spot that Trevor was in.

“I take it we slept in,” he says.

“Yeah. You didn’t have anything to do today, right?”

“I just need to call Craig, tell him you agreed to come with us, which he'll be happy yo hear. He can take care of it from there.”

I smile at him and nod.

TJ smiles back, sliding his arm around my waist. He pulls me in towards his lap and kisses me. He smells like my sheets, I probably smell like his cologne.

This is definitely different from last time; he’s not running away.