Status: Complete

I Can Feel You in My Bones

Twelve

Having TJ and my brother standing in front of each other is so weird that I almost can’t believe it’s happening.

“Right. TJ. She talks about you a lot,” says Trevor, after I’ve made some quick introductions. TJ and my brother shake hands.

Trevor just got back from work and I can tell he didn’t expect anyone to be here except me because he seems a little thrown.

“Teej and I were gonna go for a walk, is that okay?” I offer. I don’t want to make my brother uncomfortable and I really don’t want to piss him off. I think it might be best to let him unwind alone for a bit.

“Yeah, go for it,” says Trevor. “Be careful though, it'll be dark soon.”

“I’ll look after her,” assures TJ. He smiles at Trevor before we make our way out of the apartment.

--
Neither of us speaks until we are out of the building. It’s getting late and the air is cool, I probably should have brought a jacket. We start aimlessly walking.

“That was really awkward, being around your big brother and all,” says TJ. “He’s not going to, like, beat the shit out of me or anything, is he?”

I scoff at that comment. “Trev? No. Never. He is not that guy.”

TJ seems genuinely relived by hearing that.

“That’s good. Him hating me won’t go down well at family dinners.”

I smirk at TJ. “What makes you think you’re invited to any family dinners?”

He shrugs light-heartedly. “Maybe I’m just hoping.” Before I can even really process what TJ is saying he changes the subject. “Do you like living here, living here with him? Are you happy here I mean?” He’s rambling a little.

“Yeah, of course I am.”

“Do you want to stay here, forever?” We’re both looking down, as we wander side by side down the sidewalk.

“What are you getting at?”

TJ takes a deep breath. “I want you to come with us on tour. We’re leaving in about two weeks and we’ll be going for about a month. With you there touring was so much easier, you were always helping out or cleaning up or just being there to talk to,” he says. “The guys love you, especially Craig, they want you to come back. I want you to come,” he spills. TJ’s tone has changed; it sounds like he’s practically begging me.

I stop walking, causing TJ to do the same. I didn’t realise I had made that much of an impact on them.

“You asked the other guys?” I ask.

“Yeah.”

“And they wanted me back?”

“Uh-huh,” he nods, before starting back up again. “We have space and we can give you some title, like ‘band assistant’ or something then you can even be paid a little. It’s so much smoother with you around and I want you there. I promise I won’t be an prick again.” His eyes are pleading with me, how can I say no?

“Fine.”

I have no idea how this will be planned, what will happen, what I’ll do or how to prepare. I don’t even know where they’re touring.

All I know is going back out with Escape the Fate is all I want to do.

He smiles elatedly and pulls me into a hug, lifting me up off the ground. “This time I'll be different, I swear.”