Status: actively being written

Friends, Lovers, or Nothing

Two.

I rushed out of bed as my alarm began to blare the next morning. I took a lightning fast shower, had my hair and makeup ready to go in less than ten minutes, and was out the door with a banana in hand. I ate my breakfast as I drove to the Disneyland Resort, ready to see what fun the day with One Direction would hold. I checked in over fifteen minutes early in order to make sure everything was ready to go. It’s a good thing I had arrived a bit early because somehow all of the guys showed up at exactly ten.

“Hi, guys!” I grinned as I walked over to say hello. “I’m Katy and I’ll be your guide today. I hope you guys have some ideas of what attractions you want to go on and see. We should have a really fun day!”

Liam chuckled at how chipper I was. “I take it you actually got some sleep last night? Don’t worry, the guys all know about our concert and paparazzi adventures last night.”

“Great.” I laughed as we began walking to California Screamin’, the first attraction Niall said he wanted to go on. Liam and I walked at the front of the group and chatted for a bit. “So, how’d Sophia take the paparazzi shots from last night?”

“She was a bit upset at first but she gets it. And I explained that you seemed like someone I would be great mates with so she relaxed and moved past it.” I nodded as he spoke. “I do mean it when I say we could be great mates.” He nudged my arm as we made it to the Screamin’ queue.

“I’d like that.” I smiled as I lead the boys to an alternate entrance to avoid causing too much chaos. I paired everyone up for the ride and was left with an overly excited Harry Styles as my seatmate. “I take it you’re ready for this coaster?” I giggled as we climbed into the car and got secure.

“You have no clue!” He practically cheered. “Do you like this one? It’s one of my favorites!”

“Actually, I’m terrified of this one.” I admitted as the car began to move to the starting position.

“Well, in that case…” Harry began as he grabbed my hand. “Woohoo!” He yelled as we took off. I almost couldn’t stop laughing at his excitement. And him holding my hand definitely helped with the nerves I usually got when I had to go on this during any days I was a VIP guide.

As we walked through the parks I spoke with the guys about all sorts of things. We discussed tattoos, music, movies, just about everything. Liam and I were getting along great, I could already see the friendship forming there. Harry, the flirt he often times is known to be, was practically glued to my hip all day insisting we ride almost everything together. We stopped for dinner at Blue Bayou in Disneyland and all got to talking about what we had done so far in the day, still having a few hours left to get any last minute things in or go on some attractions again.

“So, you never told me why you were so terrified of the coaster.” Harry asked quietly, not trying to draw attention to my fear.

“Well…” I began, “one year, on my birthday, I went on the coaster and it broke down.” I explained. “We got stuck at the very top, and had to climb out of the car and walk all the way down on this little metal staircase. I honestly thought I was going to fall and die or something that day. So I avoid going on when I can. But obviously there are days, like today, when I’m working and don’t have much of an option.”

“That is kinda scary.” He replied.

“What are you two talking about over there?” Liam called from the opposite end of the table.

“Oh, you know, birthdays and stuff.” Harry called back.

“Katy, when’s yours?” Louis asked.

“It’s actually the same as Liam’s. Same year and everything!” I answered.

“We’re meant to be best friends!” Liam laughed.

“Looks that way.” I smiled. We all got our food and began to eat. I love the food here at Disney and Blue Bayou was a once every so often restaurant for me. I would always opt for the cheaper options when I was at the parks on my own time.

“Can we do Pirates after this?” Niall asked with a mouth full of food.

“Sure thing!” I smiled as I took a sip of water.

The line for the ride when we had finished eating was so short we walked on right away. I opted to sit with Liam and Zayn for this one while Harry sat with Louis and Niall. “Ya know, I think Harry’s got a thing for ya.” Zayn whispered to me while we were taking our leisurely ride past the restaurant we had just eaten at.

I gave a little laugh and leaned over to tell Liam. He told me that Zayn was right. I almost couldn’t believe them but just kinda shrugged. “He is quite the looker.” I finally responded to Zayn. “What do ya think I should do?”

“Obviously go for it.”

I kept quiet most of the ride, just taking in one of my favorite attractions. As we headed past the ship with Barbossa I nudged Zayn and told him my favorite line was about to be said. He looked at me a bit confused and right on queue with the animatronic I called out “Don’t be cheeeeeekin, Carlos!” All of the boys busted up laughing along with me. “I do that almost every time.” I admitted as I blushed, thankfully the low lighting on the attraction hid it on my face.

Once we were off of Pirates we made our way to Splash Mountain. By the time we got off of that, it was almost eight thirty. “Well, we have about two and a half hours left before closing. So let me know what all you still want to do. We could easily get more stuff done before they kick everyone out.” I told the guys.

“What about that Peter Pan one?” Louis asked. “I’ve always liked that.”

“Yeah, let’s head there!” Niall agreed. All the other boys nodded.

“To Fantasyland!” I laughed as we made our way over there. “Alright, figure out who’s with who. Groups of twos.” I informed the guys as we got closer to the Peter Pan queue. Harry grabbed my arm and yelled out “I call Katy!” at which Zayn winked at me. I just shook my head and agreed to ride with Harry.

We took the last boat for our group. All ready to set sail to Neverland. Harry gave me a little smirk as he placed his arm around my shoulders in the flying pirate ship. I smiled and quickly looked away. “So, if you share a birthday with Liam, that means yours is next week.” He pointed out.

“You’re a smart one, Styles.” I joked.

“What do you say I take you out this week to celebrate?” He asked with hopeful eyes.

I looked from his eyes to my favorite part of this attraction, the twinkling lights that surround Neverland as you fly around it. “I guess.” I nudged him. “What did you have in mind.”

“Ya know the band The 1975?” He questioned.

Know of them? They were one of my all time favorite bands. Something about their sound just had me hooked from day one. “I think it’s safe to say I’m a fan.” I answered.

Harry told me all about a show they’d be having in a couple of days in Hollywood and insisted he take me to see them as a birthday gift. Who was I to turn down seeing one of my favorite groups? I accepted the invitation and I quickly gave him all of my info before we got off of the ride so neither of us would forget.

“Anyone want to go on the Alice In Wonderland attraction?” I asked the group once they had all gotten off of their pirate ships. The boys all shrugged in an “I guess we could do that.” type of way. I walked with Louis this time and asked if he knew if Niall believed in ghosts. I told him of a long running joke about a “ghost boy” named Timmy who haunted the attraction and we decided to sit with Niall and try to scare him a bit. We sat Niall in the first seat of a caterpillar and we shared the back seat while Harry took Liam and Zayn in another caterpillar.

“Niall, you’ll never guess what I heard about this ride.” Louis said in a scared tone giving me a wink.

“What?” He asked snapping his neck around to look at Lou. “Tell me!”

“Well, rumor has it there’s a ghost boy named Timmy who haunts this attraction.” Louis said.

Niall looked at me and I shook my head telling him it was true. “I saw him once!” I added. “He stopped the attraction right by the creepy Alice in here and pulled my hair!” I said in a frightened voice.

“I don’t believe you!” He laughed and turned back around.

“We warned ya, mate…” Louis said trying to hold in a laugh.

Occasionally Louis and I would graze Niall’s arms ever so gently to give him the chills. At one point I tugged on his hair and when he turned around I looked completely shocked. “Oh my. Louis did you just see that?! That was the creepiest looking hand I’ve ever seen!”

Louis looked horrified. “Okay, Timmy! We get it! We’re sorry!” He called out.

Niall’s face got serious as he started to believe us. We stayed completely silent till we got off, Lou and I trying not to make any laughter. When the three other guys joined us at the exit Niall started to tell them all of what happened and at that point we couldn’t help but double over with laughter. “You should see your face right now!” Louis managed to spit out in between laughs.

“You two are so mean! I’ll get you both back for this!!” Niall huffed as he fixed his snap back and began to walk away.

“I’m sorry, Niall!” I called after him. “But you’ll never get me back!” I said and continued to laugh.

After a few more attractions, the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, and then a few more, we made our way to the Grand Californian where they would be leaving from. We all said our goodbyes. The boys all insisted in exchanging information, and Liam pulled me off to the side as the others waited for their car to arrive.

“I’m so glad we’ve started a new friendship today.” He smiled. “I think last night definitely helped to make today what is was.”

“I’d have to agree.” I nodded with a smile.

“We’ll have to hang out again soon. Whether it be here or somewhere else.” He informed me. I agreed, he was so nice and definitely the kind of guy you’d want to be friends with. Hell, he was the kind of guy you’d want to be more than friends with but he had a girlfriend. And now, I had a date with Harry.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo less than a week in between updates! As the info says, this will start out as just friendship with Liam. And Katy's gotta have a love interest still, right? Let me know what you think and any suggestions. The next chapter will include the concert for The 1975 so keep an eye out for that. Also, I can totally write one or two people in as minor characters, either coworkers of Katy's, fans Harry and Katy meet at the concert, etc. Just comment and let me know a few details about who you want the character to be (name, description) and I'll try to get some people in. Look for the next chapter in around a week unless I get plenty of free time like I got between the last chapter and tonight. :)