Status: actively being written

Friends, Lovers, or Nothing

Three.

I rolled out of my bed sometime after nine in the morning. Having a day off after a full day with a group of people was definitely a blessing. I checked my phone, something I had to do every day. I was so attached to my iPhone. I noticed I had a new text and opened it to see what it said.

“See you tonight :)” sent from Harry.

I couldn’t help but smile as I read it to myself. Never in a million years did I think a guy like Harry Styles would be texting me and taking me out. Forget about the fame aspect of Harry, just his personality, style, everything was pretty much what I normally looked for in a guy. I shot back a text that read “Can’t wait. What time should I be ready by?” We texted back a forth a few more times before deciding on seven so we would have plenty of time to get up to Hollywood in time for the show.

I slowly made my way out of my bedroom and into the kitchen to fix myself a quick breakfast. “Morning Lilly.” I greeted as I pulled the frozen waffles out of the freezer. Lilly ignored me, and I could tell right away that she was upset. “You saw photos online, didn’t you?”

She turned and looked directly at me, automatically knowing exactly what I was talking about. “How could you not tell me that One Direction was going to be at the parks yesterday? First you hide the Liam thing, then this. I thought we were best friends.” She said in a very upset tone.

“Look,” I began to explain, “you know I’m not allowed to tell you who I have to show around the parks. It’s a security thing. And as for the Liam thing,” I looked away from her to pop the waffles in the toaster, “I didn’t exactly hide it. You were asleep when I got home and I wasn’t going to gush about it with him sitting right there.”

Lilly just continued to pout and leave the kitchen. Since I wasn’t in the mood to spend the day trying to make it up to her, I quickly ate my breakfast once it was done so I could run a few errands before needs to get ready for the concert. I quickly changed my outfit and made my way out the door. First stop was to the bank, which had an insanely long line. After waiting what felt like a century, I finally got the check I needed to deposit in my account and then made my way to the mall to pick up a few items. I had been eyeing some shorts and a couple other items, I figured the shorts would be perfect to go see The 1975 in that night. As I was leaving Urban Outfitters, I ran into a friend named Jared.

“Katy?” He grinned.

“Oh my God! Jared!” I squealed as I gave him a huge hug. “How have you been?”

“Really great! Hey, are you going to see that new British band in LA tonight?” He asked. I was a huge music fan, going to concerts whenever I could, so whenever I did see Jared it was one of the most common occurrences for him to ask me about some show.

“Actually, I am.” I laughed. “Are you?”

“Yeah! My band’s actually opening for them. You gonna be there in time to see us perform?

“I have no clue. I’d like to think so. I’m going with a date so when we get there isn’t exactly in my control. I only know we’ll be there before the headliner goes on since my date knows them and they’re the whole reason we’re going in the first place.”

“If you get there early enough, you have to let me know what you think of my new song.” He smirked. “It’s about you.”

I just kind of laughed it off, not believing him. “Great. I’ll probably see you later!” I said as I started to walk away. Why Jared would write a song about me is beyond me but I was really hoping we’d make it in time for his set now.

On my way back to my apartment, my stomach started to growl from being hungry. It was a little after lunch time so I decided to stop into a cute little french bistro/bakery. I looked at all of the delicious items on the menu and ordered a summery salad and some macarons to take home with me. They were my guilty pleasure. The salad was insanely delicious. It has all sorts of fruit and such in it and I practically inhaled it. It wasn’t long before I was on my way back to my apartment where I found Lilly sitting on the couch listening to The 1975.

“Hey, Lil.” I greeted as I offered a macaron. She didn’t hesitate to take a bright pink strawberry treat out of the box. “Great taste in music.” I winked. I had recently got her hooked on them.

“I just found out they’re going to be nearby tonight for a show. Wanna go?” She asked as she took bite from her macaron.

“Uhh… I’m kinda already going.” I scratched the back of my neck and diverted my eyes.

“And you didn’t invite me?!” She looked shocked.

“Well, it’s kind of a date. You really want to third wheel it?”

“Of course not! Bring me back a shirt or something.” She smiled as she scrolled through her tumblr dashboard.

“Of course. Any good gossip going on right now?” I asked as I sat down next to her and began to eat one of the pistachio treats in the box I was holding onto. She let out a little gasp and showed me the screen. It was something about Katy Perry and John Mayer. They weren’t my favorite celebrity couple. I loved them both individually but I wasn’t crazy about them together. It was definitely because I was jealous of her. We read the story and it was some ridiculous rumor about her being pregnant.

“I hope she is.” Lilly grinned. “Could you imagine how cute that kid would be and the talent? UGH!”

I just shook my head and pulled out my phone. I quickly instagrammed a shot of what was left in the box from the bistro. “These won’t last long. YUM!” I captioned it.

“Did you really just post a photo of macarons on insta?” Lilly rolled with laughter almost dropping her laptop.

“Hey, people need to know that I’m awesome and eat yummy food.” I lightly laughed and scrolled through my feed. I came across a photo Niall posted with the caption “help Hazza choose his shirt for tonight!” In the photo were two horrendous shirts. I busted up laughing at the sight. “Oh God, I hope he doesn’t wear one of those!” I said under my breath.

The clock finally hit five so I decided to get off the couch and hop in the shower. Since I had made it a point to start getting ready early, I actually got to enjoy the hot water and vanilla scented body wash I loved so much. By the time I got out of the shower I was so relaxed I almost wanted to crawl into bed and take a nap. But, that wasn’t exactly a good idea. I walked to my close and picked out my outfit, put on my bra and panties, and worked on my simple hair and makeup for the concert. Right around six thirty I finally put on my outfit that I picked and looked at myself in the mirror. My auburn hair that went just past my shoulders looks so soft, my brown eyes popped with the simple eye makeup I chose, and my lightly tanned skin looked glowing. I couldn’t wait to get this date started. As the minutes passed my stomach started to fill with butterflies. The butterflies were partially attributed to that fact that the Harry Styles would be at my door any moment, and the fact that it had been such a long time since I went on a real date. There was a knock on my bedroom door and Lilly soon invited herself in. She had a look of shock and confusion on her face.

“Uhmm… Is there a reason Harry freaking Styles is sitting in our living room and asking for you?” She whisper yelled.

“Surprise.” I laughed. “He’s my date tonight.” I grabbed my bag, gave Lilly a quick hug, and made my way to Harry who was sitting on our couch. As soon as I rounded the corner I saw him sitting there (thankfully not in one of the shirts from instagram), looking at his phone. He looked up and his eyes lit up.

“You look great!” He greeted as he got up to hug me.

“This is alright, yeah?” I asked motioning to my outfit choice.

“Is that even a question?” He winked as we headed out the door.

~~~~~

We arrived to the venue about halfway through Jared’s set. I gave a wave to get his attention since the venue was small enough for him to notice me, even in the very back. He just grinned and continued his set. “You know that guy?” Harry asked as he notice me waving.

“Yeah. We go back a ways.” I smiled. Truth is, Jared was my first real boyfriend. But we didn’t last long. We realized that we made better friends. “We dated at one point.”

“Really?” Harry seemed a bit shock. “He doesn’t seem like your type.”

“And you, the guy I’ve known for, how many hours now? You know my type?”

He just winked and lead me to go grab a water. Jared finished his song and spoke into the mic. “Well, this next song, is a very special one for me. It’s new. And it’s about a girl I once dated.” Harry looked at me as I took a sip of my bottled water not taking my eyes off the stage. The song was quite mellow. But before I knew it, the lyrics were quite, well, raunchy. The entire song was about the first time we ever slept together. The only time we ever slept together.

I could feel my face go pale as I continued to watch Jared perform. I glanced at Harry who was a bit uncomfortable with the whole situation. I sealed up my water bottle and started to walk to the outdoor area to get away from the song I wish had never been written. Once I made it outside Harry’s hand grabbed onto my shoulder and I turned to face him. Embarrassment was quite obvious on my face.

“Well,” I started as I tried to look away from the tall brit standing in front of me. “talk about an awkward first date.”

Harry gave an uneasy chuckle as he scratched the back of his neck, looking around at the other concert goers. “It’s already one for the books.”

“If I had known that was the song,” I trailed off.

“Don’t worry about it. People have had much worse songs written about them.” Harry smiled as he wrapped me in a tight hug. I took in his scent, it was intoxicating.

“I doubt it… But thanks for trying to cheer me up. Do me a favor?” Harry nodded as I asked. “If you see that guy, his name’s Jared, coming near us, keep me away from him. I’m going to destroy him when I get the chance.”

Harry just laughed as he grabbed my hand and lead me back into view of the stage. Thankfully the song was over and Jared was on his final moments of his set. I stood with my arms crossed over my chest, shooting daggers with my eyes at him until he was off stage and out of my sight. People started milling around, many heading to the merch table where I knew he’d soon be to sign autographs and take photos with fans. Harry and I started to chat while we waited for The 1975 to set up. I told him about how I was a huge fan of theirs but had yet to actually see them live. He seemed thrilled to be the one to take me to see them first.

“Katy!” A male voice yelled from a little ways away, a deeper voice than Jared’s so I wasn’t too alarmed. I turned my head to see Scott, a fellow Disneyland cast member. He ran up and gave me a hug.

“Scott, Harry.” I motioned. “Harry, Scott.” I motioned the opposite way. They shook hands quickly. “What are you doing here, S?” I asked.

“Checking out this band you’ve told me so much about during our lunch breaks!” He laughed. “We work at the parks together.” He informed Harry who mouthed “Ohhh.” Like he had been completely lost in what was going on.

We all spoke for a few minutes about the band and what we were excited to hear from them. I mentioned how “The City” was one of my favorite songs. Not too long after that Harry excused himself for a moment. I took the opportunity to go grab a shirt for Lilly and saw Jared in the process. He smiled at me and I simply extended my middle finger with a smirk before heading back to where Scott stood. “Did you hear that new song Jared played?” I asked Scott.

“Yeah. It was, a little much for my taste. But whoever the girl was, sounds like quite the broad.” He chuckled. I coughed to get his attention and pointed at myself to which his jaw dropped. “Are you serious?” I just shook my head and then explained a bit.

Before I knew it, Harry was back with some more waters. “If ya don’t mind,” he smiled at Scott, “I’m gonna take Katy cat here to get a little better view. Was nice to meet you though.” I stuffed Lilly’s shirt in my bag to the best of my ability as Harry guided me with his hand on the small of my back. He found up a little ledge near the stage to which he helped me up to sit on before pulling himself up as well. I smiled, a perfect view.

“So, you know all the guys, yeah?” I asked and got a nod in response. “They seem really great.” I smiled to which Harry agreed.

Before we could continue our conversation, the lights went out and the cheering picked up, meaning The 1975 was about to take the stage. We sat and sang along to all of the songs, Matt waving hello to us at one point. I had a bit of a fangirl moment that caused Harry to chuckle and myself to blush like crazy. A little past the halfway point of the set Matt spoke to the audience, asking if everyone was having a great night, if they had enjoyed the performance so far, the usual. Then, he looked towards Harry and myself and smiled.

“I have a great mate in the audience tonight.” Matt began. “He has a little bird here with him on a date. And I hear, this i her favorite song. So, Katy, this one’s for you.” He winked as the band started into “The City.”

I looked from the stage, then to Harry in complete shock. Never would have guessed he’d do something like that. I gave him a sweet smile and he just grinned in a very accomplished way. He was so cocky, and I was really liking it. I sang along and had the time of my life. As the show started to let out Harry lead me to the backstage area where he introduced me to the guys in the band and we got a quick photo. Then, it was off for a late bite to eat.

“Where are you taking me now, Harry?” I smiled as he took my hand in his.

“Urhmmm.” He replied looking around a bit lost. “Well, I was going to take you to a pizza place but I seem to have forgotten how to get there.” He admitted.

I just smiled as we continued to walk to nowhere in particular. The wind picked up some and I shivered a bit, maybe I should have picked an outfit that covered myself a bot more. Then, I felt Harry place his jacket around my shoulders. I gazed up at him and thanked him, pulling it on my arms and taking in his cologne that I was now completely surrounded in. At some point, Harry remembered where the pizza place was and pulled me in the opposite direction we had been walking in for a few moments. I just laughed and followed along. Nothing like getting lost in LA late at night with a cute British man.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like the new chapter. There's still a bit more I have planned for what happens after the concert so say tuned. Let me know what you all think of it so far and any recommendations or advice for what to do. :)

As always, I'm giving myself a one week deadline for the next chapter to be posted but like with these so far, there's a good chance it'll only be a few days.