Status: Being written

Summertime Sadness

One

Nathan:

I could never imagine myself with any other girl in the world. Nicole was perfect in so many ways. Her smile, her laugh, the way she tucked her hair behind her ears, everything. She was just amazing. We had been friends our whole lives and we started dating 3 years ago. Our relationship has had some ups and downs, but we always manage to work through any problems we might have. Like when I went away for school, that was hard. But we made the long distance thing work. When it came time for me to play juniors I knew I wanted to try and play as close to home as possible. Thankfully, Halifax wanted me and I knew that I had to play for them. Of course I wasn't always around Nicole because or road trips and stuff, but I got to see her more than I would have playing for London or Portland.

This year has been pretty big for me. I'm eligible for the 2013 draft and most recently, my team, the Halifax Moodeheads, won the Memorial Cup. Today was the big parade in Halifax where all the fans line the streets hoping to get a mere glimpse at some of their favorite players. We're allowed to bring our girlfriends with us to the parade so I'm driving to pick up Nicole at her house. When I got to her house I went inside and her mom is in the kitchen cooking, like usual. "Hey Mrs. Gibson." She quickly turned around with a huge smile on her face. "Nathan! Come here Mr. MVP!" I gave her a hug and she gave me a kiss on the cheek. Though I've been home a few days, I haven't been able to visit Nicole, her family, or any of my friends. "How have you been? It's been awhile eh?" She rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Just a little while. We've been good. Nicole still can't get over that game. That was really sweet of you to do Nathan."

Her mom gave me a sincere smile and pointed to the photo of Nicole and I from the Memorial Cup on their fridge. Since we made it to the championship game, I knew I wanted Nicole there, whether we won or lost. So I flew Nicole and her mom to Saskatoon and bought them tickets to the game. "Well, I knew something would be missing if you two weren't there. I just wouldn't have felt right not having you both there." I have her a smile and she could tell how honest I was. Not having Nicole and her mom there just wouldn't have been the same. There have been there for me just as much as my own family has. "So where is Nicole?" "She's upstairs, I'll call her down." "She doesn't know I'm coming right?" I have her mom a quirky smile. She laughed a bit. "No idea."

Mrs. Gibson called up the stairs for Nicole and we both waited in the kitchen to see her reaction when she turned the corner. "Mom what did you make it smells-" She stopped in the hallway and her jaw dropped. "Nath?" "Hey." I stood up and walked over to her. She quickly hugged me and I could just tell how much she missed me. She was crying a bit, but they were happy tears. I gave her a kiss and wiped her tears. "I missed you so much." She sniffled a bit and I gave her another kiss. "I missed you too." She walked into the kitchen and we both sat at the table while her mom made us both plates of eggs, sausage, and other breakfast foods. I looked over at Nicole as she threw her hair up in a messy bun and chuckled. "What?" She looked at me and I shook my head. "Nothing, I just don't understand how you girls do that." She took a sip of her juice and shrugged her shoulders. "What can I say, it's a skill." We all laughed as we ate our breakfast and talked a bit. "So Nicole what are your plans for the day?" "Well that depends, did you have something in mind Mr. MacKinnon?" I shrugged and twirled my phone in my hand. "I mean there is the Memorial Cup parade today and I wanted to know if you would go with me. But if you have plans it's cool, I'll just be the only guy without his girlfriend there." She pushed my shoulder and laughed. "Stop! Of course I will go. I haven't seen any of the guys in a long time. I can't wait." I looked at her with a serious face. "Oh, so your excited to see the guys, but not about spending time with me? Okay I see how it is."

She scolded me and hit my shoulder again. "Nathan! Oh my gosh I'm just gonna go get dressed. I'll be down in a few." She kissed me on the lips as she left to go get dressed and I finished my breakfast. "Okay, I'm ready to go." I looked up from my phone and couldn't help but smile. Nicole was gorgeous. No matter what she wore she looked amazing. I stood up and walked over to her. "Well then, let's get going." I held her hand and she smiled. "Bye mom." "Have fun! Talk to you later." Her mom called from the kitchen. We walked out to my car and climbed in. "You look beautiful by the way." She smiled and shyly tucked we hair behind one ear. "Thanks." I gave her a kiss and then we left for the parade.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is my new story I've been dying to start! I hope you like it so far. I know it's short, but I wrote this chapter in the car while coming back from Canada and wanted to post it asap! So here it is! Comments please?!?! I would love to know if you are interested in reading more!