Sequel: The Summer After

Junior Year

The First (5.26.14)

My preconceptions about the relationship I had with my freshman hurdler crush were completely and absolutely wrong. Two nights ago we were watching scary movies with the hurdle crew up here in Lake Tahoe. I was sitting next to her and she was grabbing my arm until halfway through the movie when she grabbed my hand. It's basically the way most people would imagine perfect scary movie dates to go. This team bonding thing was really interesting. I'm still worried about messing up the bond that we have as a hurdle crew as a family, but it'll go away once we become really comfortable with our relationship. Last night we watched another scary movie and it was basically another scary movie date. We've decided not to tell anybody, since we don't want this relationship to distract us from any schoolwork, and we don't want to have to deal with people teasing us or being judgmental. Only the hurdle crew knows about this. She's actually the first girlfriend I've ever had. I'll also confess that I've also never kissed a girl before until today. When I kissed her this morning, it was the first time I've ever kissed a girl. We're each other's first relationship and first kiss. To say she's special would be an understatement. It's been awhile since I've felt this way about someone; butterflies and all that lovey dovey romantic cheese. I guess this answers my question about what kind of girlfriend I want. It's going to be hard to meet over the summer because we're so busy, but we'll find a way. I'm really looking forward to this relationship. Two words...Quest Completed.

"And suddenly, all the love songs were about you."

P.S. I passed out early this morning. I don't know why, but it was the first time it ever happened to me. It was actually pretty cool. It's as close to sleeping with my eyes open as I'll probably get.