It's Complicated

Chapter 1

Annie and her friends sat at their usual spot in the cafeteria, three tables away from where Wayne and his friends usually sat. “I know you like him.” Annie’s best friend Nicky said nudging her playfully. “I do not.” Annie said rolling her eyes. Wayne looked at her from where he was sitting and sighed. “Just go talk to her man.” Wayne’s best friend Aubrey said shoving him. “Because?” Wayne said looking at him in disbelief. “Cause, you like her, she likes you but you’re both too stubborn to admit it.” He said pointing his fork at Wayne. “Whatever.” Annie and Wayne both said simultaneously.
 
It was after class, Annie and Wayne both had their extra writing class. Annie paused when she saw Wayne sitting in her usual spot. She walked through the door and sat down at the desk in front of Wayne. *Asshole.* She thought to herself. Wayne was working hard on something, a new rap she figured. “I can’t work with you sitting there.” He said tapping her shoulder. “Too bad.” Annie said barely turning around. “God damnit! Move bitch!” He shouted. “Excuse me?” She said turning around her face red with anger. “You must be hard of hearing. I said move bitch.” He said speaking slowly to mock her. Annie slapped him across the face and sat down again. “You’re going to regret that.” He muttered.

The next day when Annie got to class, Wayne was waiting by the door for her. “What do you want?” She said looking at him with an annoyed expression on her face. “I told you that you’d regret slapping me didn’t I?” He said raising an eyebrow. “So what? You gonna write a shitty rap about me?” Annie said smirking and walking off. “Wayne!” Jenna the most popular girl in college shouted. “Hey shawty.” He said and kissed her hard. “He really likes you.” Annie’s friend Chrissie said. “Yeah I’m sure he loves me. That’s why he’s over there playing tonsil hockey with that bitch over there.” Annie said pointing in Wayne and Jenna's direction.
 
After class, Annie went to her extra writing class thinking that nothing would spoil her day. She was pissed when she saw Wayne sitting in her chair again. She took a deep breath and walked over to her desk and sat down. “Annie.” Wayne whispered. “What?” She said looking at him with a look of hate on her face. “About before, I’m really sorry.” He said smiling. “Whatever.” She said and took out her writing pad. The usual teacher had been out sick that day, so the sub from Aubrey and Annie’s math class was there. “Annie.” Wayne whispered again. “Wayne shut up! You’re going to get me into trouble.” She hissed. “That old bat is so blind I doubt she’ll see you talking to me.” He said laughing. Annie opened her mouth to speak but she got cut off by Miss Lewis. “Johnson! To the Dean’s office now!” She shouted pointing at the door. “But miss Lewis it wasn’t me!” Annie pleaded. “I’m sure it wasn’t. Now off with you!” She shouted. “Thanks a lot Wayne.” Annie hissed and left. Wayne stood up to speak but paused. “Is there anything you would like to say Mr. Carter?” Miss Lewis said looking at him through her steel rimmed glasses. “Screw you old hag.” Wayne said and sat down again. “Carter out now!” She shouted pointing at the door.