Status: completed.

Cliché

loved and lost.

He stood in front of everyone, his hands shook as he held the crumpled, white paper. His cursive handwriting was scribbled onto the paper. He wished he didn't have to read this, he wished he was somewhere else. Clearing his throat for the fourth time, his eyes skimmed over the crowd of people again.

"S-She was the best thing that ever happened to me," he began, looking down at the paper, "we'd known each other for years. She stopped me drinking, kept me clean, and I'm forever in debt with her, or I was. She left us too young, I mean, twenty-two, that's just stupid. She had her whole life to live, and yet, she can't."

He swallowed the lump rising in his throat as he thought about what she told him, about her plans for the future. They were only foolish kids then, not knowing of the real world, but she was very ambitious. He felt tears run down his face. "She was the most beautiful, creative, intelligent woman I've ever met. I'm so glad that she was a part of my life, and I still love her. I will always love her," he stated, folding the paper as he finished saying what he had to.

He could have talked about her for hours, every little detail that made her so special to him. He could have talked about the way she said his name, or what she said to him before she died. How the words "I love you," was filled with so much sadness and happiness. He walked back down to where he sat, thinking about how she made him worry about her. How at that one moment she left the world, he forgot how to breathe, how to live.

As he sat next to his sister, who had come along to offer her support, she placed her hand on his. The vicar of the church said a prayer, about how she had gone to a better place and in that place, she will be looking down on everyone who meant something to her. He closed his eyes, not wanting to watch as her coffin was carried out of the church. His sister pulled him, to make him stand up.

"You need to say goodbye, Josh," she whispered, dragging him out of the church. He watched as they placed the coffin in the ground, with her in it. He was almost tempted to jump into the grave, not wanting to leave her. He couldn't, of course, bring himself to do such a thing. Her parents and other family members cried over the loss, so did he. He cried more during her funeral that his own fathers.

He sighed, wiping his eyes, trying to get rid of the tears. "I love you," he sobbed under his breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
oh my god, guys, i can't even begin to explain what my emotions are doing right now. they've just been thrown out of a window. this is so asdfghjk, that basically sums up how i feel. great.