Status: Abandoned story... will not be continuing unfortunately

The Fox Hunt

Welcome To The Club

Spencer had just finished divulging the Sheriff's plot when there was a harsh knock at the door.
"Marian, open up." Sir Guy's voice rang through.
Spencer looked at Marian with fear in her eyes. She knew they were searching for her. Grabbing onto Marian's arm, she quickly whispered,
"You cannot let him know you saw me. I need to get out of here!"
Marian nodded and yelled to him,
"Just a moment, I am not yet dressed."
"Marian! You open this door. Now!" His voice was full of demand.

Taking Spencer by the hand, Marian led her to the wardrobe in the corner. "Do not make a sound and hide yourself. Quickly!" she told her in a hushed tone. Spencer did as she was told, crouching down near the back of the wardrobe and hiding behind the many dresses kept in there. She steadied her breathing and waited.
Marian fixed her clothes and opened the door. Sir Guy rushed in with his guards in tow.
"To what do I owe this intrusion, Sir Guy?" Marian asked, slight annoyance in her tone.
"We have a spy in our midst, we are searching every room for her." he explained.
"I can assure you, she is not here. I have been in my room all day and have had no disturbances...until now." looking at him with a pointed look.
"well. Just to be sure. Search the place." he instructed. At this, his guards started searching everywhere in the room. One of them opened the wardrobe and barely even looked, to Spencer's relief.
"She is not here, sir." a guard commented.
Sir Guy sighed and looked at Marian sweetly, "Forgive us, my lady. We shall move on." as the guards walked out Sir Guy stayed behind.
"I am terribly sorry for the intrusion, we have to search everywhere." he told her and gave her a sympathetic look.
"Then you should continue your search and not be conversing with me any longer than needed." she told him, giving his cue to leave.
"ah, yes...Well..." he cleared his throat "My Lady." he said gruffly, a little taken aback by her comment.

As he walked away, closing the door behind him, Marian gave a sigh of relief. She rushed to the wardrobe and knocked on it. Spencer opened it a little, popping her head out and looked around.
"They're gone. Now, we need to get you out of here. We must go tell Robin." Marian stated. Spencer nodded in agreement. Marian grabbed a cloak from the wardrobe and told her to put it on and to hide her face.

As they walked hurriedly down the hallway, they avoided the guards, and made there way to the courtyard where a horse awaited them. To their dismay, one of the guards spotted them, yelling at them to 'halt'. They quickly jumped onto the horse as multiple groups of guards ran toward them, but their horse was faster. They made it through the gate right as soon as the Sheriff and Sir Guy rushed out the front door. Guards mounted their horses and chased after them. Moving as fast as they could to get away, they made it to the edge of Sherwood Forest.

Being chased by the guards, they had to think of a way to lose them and fast. Riding past a ditch, Marian leaned back and told her to jump when she said to. Catching onto what Marian had said, Spencer smiled.
"Ready...JUMP!" she shouted and Spencer dove off the horse, with Marian still on it, and rolled into the ditch, pressing her back up against the moss covered banks. As the guards flew past her, she didn't hear the one trailing behind the rest and was spotted.
"You!" he shouted at her.
Riding toward her, she gasped and started to run. Just then, an arrow flew past her head and hit the guard in the chest. Looking around she saw a man holding a bow come out from behind a tree.
"Has not anyone told you? 'Always wait for the last man'." he said, his voice full of arrogance.
"And has not anyone told you, 'an arrogant man will never win over the girl'?" she smirked back.
"Yes, but an arrogant man will always be determined" he replied with a wink, making Spencer scoff and roll her eyes.
As he laughed, he looked her over, "And who are you?"
"Spencer Fox, I am the servant girl of Sir Guy of Gosbourne. Well...was." She frowned.
"oh? So tell me, why would the guards be chasing after a servant girl of Gisbourne's?" he inquired, not sure if he should trust her.
"Was a servant girl. Past tense, as of recent. I was in the room when I overheard the Sheriff and Sir Guy plotting to set a trap for you. They did not realize I was even in the room until I dropped a tray and they said I knew too much and now-" she was cut off.
"You are their next target." He stated. She nodded.
"Well, always willing to help those who are targeted by the Sheriff. Welcome to the club." He smiled.
"Thanks. Speaking of clubs..." She said looking around. "Where's the rest of it? Don't you have like a 'gang' or something?" This made him smile even wider.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2 is up. Whoo- she is a firecracker ain't she? Haha well don't hesitate to comment. Godspeed readers!