Status: Rated for mostly for language.

Inside Out

Paparazzi and Turned Down Dinners.

“Hurry up, Blake!” Evie whined to me as I applied her eyeshadow. “He’s going to be here any minute.”

“If you would have asked me two hours ago we wouldn’t have this problem,” I responded and finished her bronze eyeshadow. I swiped mascara on her lashes and there was a few taps on our door.

She sucked in a deep breath and stared with wide-eyes. “What if I make myself look like a fool?”

I smirked. “You always look like a fool,” I told her as she stood up to go find her bag and shoes in her room. I walked to the door and opened it to Liam’s familiar face.

“She’s getting her bag,” I greeted.

He nodded and smiled. “I’m Liam.”

“I know. I’m Blake,” I introduced and he gave me an odd look, “Ultrasound saw a penis, but it was really a hand.”

He laughed and was going to make a response but Evie walked out. “You look great.”

Evie smiled and looked down. “Thanks.”

I grinned at my friend as she walked out the door and I stuck my head out. “Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do!”

“I’m already doing more than you’d do!” She called back to me.

I rolled my eyes and came back inside.

Evie was my best friend. We’ve known each other since seventh grade. It was my first day at a strict private school and she was the first one to talk to me. That was six years ago and we haven’t had a serious fight since.

I was never the most outgoing person and a total bitch, so I never had a ton of friends. I only had one boyfriend and we were together for three months.

Without Evie, I was alone.

I couldn’t help but be jealous of her. My red hair closely resembled fire, my grey eyes were dull, and my body was soft. She was everything I ever dreamed of being.

Letting out a sigh, I picked up my MacBook Pro and logged into tumblr. I reblogged and favorited videos, text posts, pictures, and gifs of mostly One Direction. Becoming slightly bored with my blog, I logged out and went into twitter. Rolling my eyes at most of my old acquaintances. There was nothing new going on with them. Jennifer was pregnant, Hannah went to rehab, David was playing college football, and more posts like that. Logging out once again, I was about to shut my laptop when I got a call for facetime from my older sister.

I raised my eyebrows, but answered the call. Lorena’s matching red hair popped up on my screen.

“Hey, Peanut,” she greeted.

I smiled at my old nickname. “Hey, Lo. What time is it there? It’s still pretty early here.”

“It’s four in the morning.”

“Why the hell are you up?”

“I was bored,” she responded.

I laughed. Unlike most girls, I got along with both of my sisters pretty well. “Sounds like me.”

We talked about nothing for a few minutes before she finally grew tired and we hung up.

It was nearly one and I was about to make pizza rolls when Evie came strolling in with a smile.

“You’re about to love me.”

____________________________________

I sighed as I looked at the clock before staring at Evie again. “I’m not going to do this!”

Evie’s eyes widened in shock. “Blake! You are going to a club with Harry Styles!” She screeched, putting emphasis on his name.

I shook my head. “I have a blog dedicated to the guy. I’ve read too many text posts about his dick. I could never look him in the eye!”

“You’ve been talking about dating him since we became fans!”

I scoffed. “Yeah, and I didn’t think I would ever actually meet him.”

Evie sighed and brought out her puppy face. “Please, Blake? Please, please, please?”

I narrowed my eyes. “Puppy eyes don’t work if you’re over the age of eight.”

She groaned and flopped on my bed. “If you hate him, you can leave.”

I sat next to her and bit my lip. “That’s why I don’t want to go. If I meet him and he’s a dick, my heart will be crushed.”

“Come on, Blake!”

“Fine!” I yelled as I stood up and walked to my closet. I have to look hot though.

Since I already took my shower and flat ironed my hair, I only had to get dressed and apply makeup. I sat at my desk and applied foundation, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and mascara. Satisfied with my makeup, I walked back to my closet and began to shift through my clothes. I settled on a pair of leather leggings, a black and white top, and black heels.

I walked out of my room feeling worse about my appearance than before. I forced a smile at Evie who was stunning in a black crop top, jeans, and a pair of small wedges since she was a klutz. Her hair was still curled from earlier and the makeup I applied on her was still in place.

“Ready?” She asked.

“Now or never.”

We left our flat and hailed a taxi. Evie was practically bouncing in her seat. It definitely wasn’t from excitement over the club, she hated alcohol. We finally made it and climbed out of the taxi as she paid.

“Liam said to wait for them here.”

I nodded and soon heard some yelling, indicating that they arrived. I bit my lip as I saw them with paparazzi surrounding them. They managed to make their way to the entrance and told the the bouncer we were with them. Evie and I entered the club and quickly gravitated towards Liam.

All of us managed to find a booth and we sat down. Liam and Evie were already conversing in each other’s ears. I sighed and rubbed my arms uncomfortably, feeling slightly claustrophobic. Deciding that alcohol would be my best option, I slid out and made my way to the bar.

I ordered a shot of tequila and quickly downed it.

Someone leaned next to me and I turned to look. “I’m Harry,” he greeted.

“Blake,” I responded shortly.

He raised his eyebrows at my stand-off attitude. I sighed and let out an apology. He nodded in acceptance and ordered himself a coke.

“Just a coke?”

“I drove.”

I nodded and ran a hand through my hair. Someone took notice of him and then more people began to crowd around, pushing me out of the way. I took a deep breath as I felt numerous body parts push into me. Pushing my way out of the mob, I walked outside and took a breath of air as I finally began to breathe normally. I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes as I listened to the sounds of the city. I walked around the corner and stood in the alley, leaning against the building.

“I’m sorry.”

I looked up and gave a small smile. “Don’t apologize. You probably made some girl extremely happy.”

Harry smiled and leaned against the building next to me. “Not your scene?”

“I don’t like people when they’re sober, let alone drunk,” I answered.

He let out a laugh and turned to look at me. “Why won’t you look me in the eyes?”

“Long story,” I mumbled as I saw Liam and Evie round the corner. “leaving already?”

Evie shrugged and smiled. “We had our fun. We’re just gonna take a taxi to get some dinner.”

“Harry will take you home,” Liam chimed in.

Harry nodded and they walked away, giggling. “We should get going then.”

I followed him and we were within sight of his large Range Rover when the paparazzi spotted him. They began to crowd around us and the flashes were beginning to blind me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me next to him, steadying me from tripping over my own two feet. They were yelling all kinds of questions asking about if we were dating and the like. Harry opened the passenger door for me and I quickly clambered in, trying to keep my breathing steady so I wouldn’t have a panic attack. I closed my eyes and he got into the driver’s seat. Quickly pulling away and buckling his seatbelt, he let out a slightly frustrated growl.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized for the second time that night.

I shrugged and stared out the window. “They are just doing their job. Can’t really blame them.”

He bobbed his shoulders slightly, but we rode in silence with me occasionally giving him directions to my place. He came to a stop in front of my building and said he was going to walk me up.

I nodded and climbed out of the large car. Walking into the building, he pushed the button for the elevator. I gulped as we stepped on it and held onto the sides as we rode up to the fourth floor. Harry gave me a strange look.

“Hate elevators. I usually take the stairs.”

“You could have told me. I would have taken the stairs with you,” he responded.

I shrugged and stepped off the death machine. 401, 403, 405, 407, and we finally came to a stop in front of 409.

“You live here?” He asked, looking around and the shitty condition of the hallway. “It smells like vomit, piss, and alcohol.”

I leaned against my door and raised my eyebrows. “Not everyone can afford the very best of everything.”

He let out a sigh. “I didn’t mean it like that.”

“How did you mean it then?” I questioned.

He stumbled over his words for a few minutes before I turned and unlocked my door. He reached out and grabbed my shoulder lightly. “Wait.”

I turned around and leaned against the door frame. “Yes?”

“I’m sorry. I realize how that must have sounded. I just meant that it doesn’t seem safe for two young women to be living in alone.”

I shrugged again. “It’s not, but it’s what we can afford. Moving to London cost a lot of money, you know.”

He nodded again and stood uncomfortably for a moment. “Will you be okay alone? I can stay if you want. Or we could go get something to eat. Stall, y’know.”

“I’m fine,” I responded shortly before realizing how bitchy I sounded. “Thank you, though.”

He smiled. “You’re finally looking me in the eyes.”

I laughed. “Good night, Harry. Thanks for the drive and walking me up.”

He said his goodbyes and I shut the door. Walking into my room, I quickly stripped out of my outfit and into a pair of sweatpants and a tank top. Pulling my long hair into a messy ponytail, I was about to watch tv when there was a knock at my door.

I opened the door and smiled at the young man. “Back so soon?”

Harry shrugged. “I really don’t feel comfortable just leaving you here alone.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Really?”

“And I would also really like for you to get some food with me or something.”

I shook my head. “You would?”

“Yeah,” he responded, “I mean, not like a date.”

I felt my already low self confidence take a nose dive as I became aware of what I was wearing. “I’m not looking great at the moment…”

“You look fine. Please? It’s just dinner.”

“Dinner at one in the morning?”

The curly haired celebrity sent me a smile that I’ve only seen in pictures on tumblr. The kind of smile that would melt my heart. That smile in pictures made me feel confident, but standing in front of him I felt anything but confident.

“I don’t know…” I mumbled.

“Blake,” he started.

“No, I think I’m just gonna go to bed. Another time, yeah?” I interrupted.

Harry looked down quickly before looking back up. “Yeah. Another time.”

I gave another forced smile and shut the door. Sliding down the door, I put my head in my hands, cursing my decision.

I just turned down dinner with Harry Styles.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfits

Lots of dialogue.

I have a good feeling about this one.

Possibly because I'm helping my best friend plan how to meet Liam.

Oops.

Let me know what you think!