Sequel: Elysian
Status: In Progress

Restless Insomniacs

Yale

When I think Daria is a sleep, I whisper words of protection to her desperate but also fearful for her to know how important it is for me to protect her. I finally feel myself relax as her breathing evens out and I am sure she is asleep. From my vantage point across the room on her small pink couch I can see mostly everything in her room, including the stuffed toys and haphazardly thrown clothes, including a bra, around her room.

I try to force my eyes past the bra but its lace makes my throat catch, I cannot help but wonder what Daria would look like in that bra and nothing else. I feel my face flush red with excitement and I scold myself for being so horny. This is Daria she deserves so much more than a quick fuck or me perving on her underwear, no matter how sexy they might be.

I close my eyes and think back to the fight I had started when I found Remy and Oli at his house, looking cosy I wasn’t jealous I was just shocked, after school. Stomper was there with some girl whose name I don’t remember, when I saw Remy smile when she saw me, as if nothing had happened between us, as if she hadn’t hurt Daria and I kind of snapped. I know it may have been unfair to unload completely on her but god did it feel good. I know what Daria and her friends put Remy through, everyone does, but Daria is different than that girl she used to be, she is good and wonderful and Remy… well just isn’t.

I may not have started the fight with Stomper but I surely ended it, rage boils through me at the thought of my own selfish actions leading to Remy dragging Daria’s name through the mud. After the fight, before I fled here in desperate search of Daria and some kind words, Oli told me about what had happened earlier in the day. That combined with the weed I had smoked had made it impossible for me to ignore the thrill of sneaking into Daria’s window and seeing her in her night clothes.

Daria always looks so put together during the day with her perfectly planned outfit and applied make-up, but at night she is fresh faced and real, currently clutching her covers to her chin, her hair spread out around her. And she looks like pure unadulterated magic.

*

Daria is the first to wake in the morning and her rustling wakes me, I am on high alert as I look around her room wondering where I am. I sit up and glance at Daria stretching, her covers having been thrown off in the night and her pale legs poking out behind a pair of shorts I am not sure I noticed last night. Boy do I notice them now. I desperately try to ignore the stiffening in my jeans, and shift uncomfortably trying to lessen the sudden tightness in the front of my pants.

“How was the couch?” Daria asks once she realises I am awake, still not covering her legs. I have to fight all of my natural instincts and not go over and kiss her and find out just where those legs lead.

At the thought of Daria’s legs and other parts I cough and begin choking like a moron. I have never felt to uncomfortable and awkward around girls since I realise instead of cooties, girls have boobies. I have spent the rest of my life trying to get said cooties and boobies.

I mumble something that sounds like ‘fine’ but can’t help but take a quick, not even a full second long, glance at Daria’s chest. It isn’t much but it is something, there is no longer any breathing room in my pants and I need to change the subject quick so I don’t think about Daria and sharing her bed for something other than sleeping, that will come later.

“We’re late for school” She mumbles checking her clock, after tossing and turning most of the night on the uncomfortably small couch, I had fallen into a pitiful sleep twenty minutes to five am. And had slept through my phone alarm alerting me to get the fuck out of bed and to school.

“I need a big gulp,” Daria says pulling her covers over her legs, I let out a visible sigh and wiggle my keys in the air, “I need a shower first,” And just like that the tightness in my pants is back, worse than ever.

Daria hops out of bed and makes herself busy finding me a towel after checking her house is empty and showing me the spare bathroom, who even has a spare bathroom? Before disappearing into her room to shower. I peel off my tired and crinkled clothes wondering if I still have that spare pair of jeans in my car. I run the warm water and think about Daria in her own shower, it is an arousing thought,

I wrap a towel around my midsection as I wait for the cold water to heat, really in a place this expensive hot water should never run cold, I am staring into my sunken eyes in the large bathroom mirror when the door to the bathroom opens. I turn and stare at Daria we both share wide eyed looks, me wondering what the hell she is doing,

“My mums here,” Daria explains, frantically reaching into the shower and turning the water off, she turns around and places a finger to her lips before stopping dead, realising that beneath this thin towel I am naked. Her eyes go wide and instinctively drop to the centre of my towel. I raise my eyebrows a little unsure of just what she is expecting to see, a big bag of candy?

She reaches for my hand and I let out a loud sigh as she does, grabbing my hand and not something else like I really want her to. Daria drags me into the shower yanking the curtain closed behind her just as her mum opens the door. She presses a hand over her mouth and pressed her warm body against mine. I flush as I feel that familiar stiffening in my crotch. I really need to adjust or I am going to stab Daria in the stomach, her mother rummages around in the cupboard before leaving, Daria lets go of my mouth and steps out of the shower.

I follow suit and try to find a casual stance that works to my nakedness. “So… enjoy the view?” I ask grinning devilishly at her, Daria goes as red as the blood rushing back to my brain and I stifle a groan.

We hear the front door click close and she lets out a sigh I know she has been holding. “Go take a shower princess,” I tell her trying to sound aloof and mocking at the same time, but it comes out more desperately, like I am asking her to please shower with me. She spins on her heel and rushes from the bathroom nearly tripping over my clothes on a pile by the floor. I chuckle and return to warming the water.

I spend my shower trying to ignore my obvious boner.

It is not easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
FInally updated.