My Heart's Always With You Now.

Chapter Three

For the past week she had been avoiding me like the plague. She had lived in her room, only answering the door when threatening words were being fired at her, and in all honesty, I couldn't care less. She would grow out of her childish phases, it was all a part of growing up which is something she seriously needed to do over the coming months and maybe even years if she was to last that long.

The way she was going now... she wouldn't even last another week.

“Ball tonight, you ready?” Jimmy asked sitting opposite me, I squeezed my eyes shut cursing under my breath quietly, he laughed loudly, “Forgot again?”. I nodded my head before hitting it against the table gently. That meant I had a lot of preparation to do, for a start I needed a girl to take with me and I needed to buy that certain girl a dress. I was sure I could dig up a suit from upstairs for me to wear which meant there was one less thing on my list for me too do, “Who you going to take?”.

I sat there quietly for a few moments thinking over the girls and which ones had looked the best before and had given us a better image – Destiny was the usual girl that I took, but recently it seemed as though the other gangs had lost their interest in her meaning she may not have been the best option. The girls were there as a trophy to show what we could have and what we did have and therefore only the best could go, “I might have a bit of a change and take Lauren. That'd be amusing” I laughed. Jimmy stared at me shaking his head softly.

“I don't think that's a good idea”

“Why not?”

“I'm not being funny but she's been here a few weeks and she can't even stand the sight of you at the moment. What on earth makes you think it's a good idea to take her to an event OUTSIDE of the house? She's only going to try and run away” Jimmy sighed, he pulled his phone out and showed me a picture of a blonde, “why don't you go with her?”.

“I've made my decision Jimmy and it's final. Lauren is coming with me and if she tries to leave she is going to have hell to pay when she gets back here”. With that I left the room to go upstairs leaving Jimmy to sit and worry in the kitchen. He always worried too much, he needed to calm down. I knocked on Laurens' door before opening it, she quickly pulled the duvet over her body and backed up into the corner of the room, “I need you to get up, we're going shopping”.

“What?” She stared at me confused.

“We need to go shopping so we can get you a dress for tonight” I smiled, that caused her to get even more confused, her left eyebrow lifted slightly as if signalling for me to continue explaining, “the gangs annual ball is tonight and I want to take you”. Her face dropped and she shook her head no, “What do you mean no? You do what I say! You belong to me! So you will get your arse out of bed now and put some fucking clothes on!”.

“You're an arsehole! Why would I want to go anywhere with you? Go on your fucking own!” She snapped, I glanced at her angrily before lunging forward and pinning her wrists down at her sides, her body tensed underneath me but this time her eyes showed no fear. I frowned down at her, why was she not scared of me?

“Listen you little bitch” I growled, she lifted her legs and kicked me between the legs making me gasp in pain and reach between my legs in agony. She took this opportunity to leap off the bed and run out the room. I heard all the guys cursing around the house, I hopped off the bed and left the room, my face burning in anger.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” I heard her shout from downstairs, I followed her voice and noticed that she had Brian pressed up against her in the kitchen. His hands were holding her wrists steady in the air trying to stop her from pushing him away.

“Shh calm down, it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you” He whispered, slowly she lowered her arms and fell into his chest crying. Brian was always the softest out of us which made it particularly hard in certain situations, we'd told him time and time again not to get attached to girls but it seemed as though it never stuck in his head.

“I am so scared of him” She whimpered as his fingers slowly stroked through her hair, a grin fell on my face. I knew it, she was scared of me. Unlike most guys, I found power in that, it meant that I could get whatever I wanted out of her because she would be too afraid to deny me what I wanted.

“Well just don't argue back and do what he says and you'll be fine” Brian said holding her back so he could have a good look at her face, “Now go upstairs and get ready so he can take you shopping. He isn't a bad guy Lauren. He just struggles sometimes to hide his anger”.

She let out a sour laugh, “isn't a bad guy? That explains why he's done nothing but hit me since i've been here. He can fuck off”. Brian put his hand to her mouth and held it there giving her a warning look.

“I'm trying to be nice Lauren, but you're going to get yourself in serious trouble that even I won't be able to get you out of. So for now just be quiet and do what he says”. She nodded her head as he wiped her tears away with his fingers, “now go!”.

She went to walk out the kitchen but froze as she saw me standing in the door way. She lowered her head and carefully made her way around me being careful not to knock into me. “We're going in five” I called after her, she turned to me and weakly nodded her head.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

“Right, I'm wearing red tonight so make sure you find a red dress” I said as we walked into the shop situated only a couple minutes drive from the house. This was the perfect place to bring her. It was 'our' area meaning everyone knew to look out for her if she was to try running away, it would also mean she could not bring to anyone's attention what was happening and ask for help.

“I don't like dresses”

“Well you better start liking them very fucking quickly!” I snapped shoving her towards a rack of red dresses. I liked to make women think they had a choice in what they wore, when in reality I would be the one making the final decisions, I didn't want a girl looking like a piece of shit when she was representing me and the rest of the gang.

“What about this one?” She said grabbing the one closest too her. It was blatantly obvious that she didn't want to be here and her attitude was starting to grate on me bit by bit. She held it against her body for me to see and I quickly shook my head. I knew what would look good and what wouldn't. I paced over to the rack myself and start to look at the dresses in front of me before pulling one out.

“Try this on” I said thrusting a dress in her hands. She looked at it skeptically before looking up at me and nodding. She disappeared behind the curtain in the corner of the room before calling my name a few minutes later, “What's wrong now?”.

“I erm... would you mind doing the zip up for me?” She mumbled as I pushed the curtain aside shooting her an annoyed look. I nodded my head before spinning her around and zipping it up, my fingers gently brushing against the skin of her back. She gasped loudly blushing a bright red color, “I don't know Shadows, I feel exposed”.

“That's the point... we can't have you looking too innocent” I sighed, I stared from her shoulders down to the floor before nodding my head, it looked good, “I like it. I think we should get that one”.

“But I really don't feel comfor-”

“I LIKE IT AND WE'RE GETTING IT!” I yelled before pulling the curtain back to let her get changed. I paced around impatiently, rolling my eyes as she walked out with the dress in her arms and an unimpressed look on her face. I snatched it out her hands taking it to the counter to pay.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I barged into the room later that night expecting her to be ready but instead she was sat on the bed staring at the dress laid out in front of her, “Why aren't you dressed?!” I exclaimed loudly making her look up at me.

“Shadows please!” She begged trying her hardest to hold back her tears. I looked at the dress not understanding the problem with it. It wasn't as exposing as she was making out. It was a one sleeved floor length gown, low cut but not low enough so anything was exposed. The back dipped down to her lower back and the sides were cut out stopping just before hitting either side of her belly button.

“I don't see the problem with the dress” I complained sensing her discomfort and not wanting to make her any worse with the fear of her acting up tonight, “It's beautiful and you look beautiful in it!”.

Her eyes shot up to look at me, “pardon?”.

“Nothing! Just put it on! We're leaving in an hour and you haven't even done your hair or make-up!” with that I left the room making sure to close the door behind me, “Brian, do me a favor and make sure she's getting ready”.

Brian nodded from the sofa and went upstairs to assist her, he knew as well as I did what would happen if she was to disobey me and keep us waiting when we had to leave in exactly an hour. “I can't see this going well” Zacky said taking a swig of his beer and peering over at me.

“I know but it's a bit late to change plans now isn't it?” I snapped, he shook his head before leaving the room to go check on the girl he was taking. I just prayed that she would play the part tonight and would be as obedient as the other girls had learnt to be, I didn't want her to screw tonight up for me. Especially when it was an important ball and all of our clients and other gangs were to be there.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments = quicker updates :)