Status: Let's see how this goes~

Strangers in Love

*** the Rest

Kellin was at work still, it had been a pretty quiet day around the shop compared to what he normally put up with. He was thankful for that for several different reason, the first being that it gave him plenty of time to catch up on the reading he was doing, the second was that he didn't have obnoxious people bugging him every few minutes for thing they were too lazy to find themselves, and the third reason was that it gave him plenty of time to think about that guy who had come in here earlier.

He was cute- no scratch that, he was gorgeous.

He had only been here for a few minutes looking for some titles, rather fantastic ones at that, but afterwards he had left. Not that he had really expected him to hang around any longer than he had to, though having the chance to sit down and talk to such an attractive guy would have been the highlight of his day. He'd never have the guts to initiate an actual conversation with anyone, let alone someone as attractive as he was, so that meant Kellin couldn't do anything but merely dream of the possibility of what could have been.

The dull ringing of the bell was what broke him from his daydreams, perking him upright to see who walked through the front door of the tiny shop. The only thing he could see over the shelves was a head of messy brown head that bobbed with each step the person took towards where he was stationed.

"Can I help you?" He called out to them, seeing the hair stop with the movements like they didn't know how to follow the sound of his voice.

It was pretty difficult to navigate through the shelves when you didn't have to do it everyday. There had been several occasions where he recommended to his boss that they should remodel the arrangements to make it easier on the customers, but every time he was shot down. Apparently the way it was set up gave the place 'character' and the customers would have to figure it out for themselves. He didn't see that as very wise, but he needed to keep this job so he just kept his mouth shut.

It seems as whoever it was figured out where they were going because soon enough the hair was on the move again, this time heading in the right direction of the counter. When they turned around the corner of the last shelf separating them Kellin was surprised to find the guy from earlier there. For a moment he thought that he had started to drift off into his own little imagination again, but no, this was really happening. That gorgeous guy was back again and he was making his way towards Kellin.

The moment he reached the counter, everything seemed to stop. Mostly because neither of them were doing or say anything, just staring across the counter at one another. It was a little unsettling for Kellin, people didn't usually give him a second glance let alone full on stare at him the way this guy was. Which is why he way the first one to break the stare between them, looking back down at the fake wood of the counter, running his finger over a chip in it.

"Kellin," The dark skinned male spoke up, making Kellin's head snap up so quickly that he was sure he was going to get a whiplash.

"What?" He asked with a incline of his head, making sure he had heard him speaking correctly and it wasn't just his mind fucking with him.

"Your name isn't David." There was a smile on his face, his dark hues flickering to the name tag pinned neatly to Kellin's shirt. Suddenly he was self conscious of the error it was showing.

"Ho-how could you know?" It wasn't fear that caused him to trip over his words the way he was, it was his nerves. Someone like him knew who he was?

The small chuckle that left his lips made Kellin's heart pound even faster in his chest, he was positive that it was loud enough for the other to hear. His voice was like velvet, smooth and free flowing, it made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up when he heard it.

"Well you see, I've been writing letters to this guy," No. "And I got a letter from him in the mail today, and it had a picture attached to it." That smile was creeping its way back onto his lips once again and Kellin was sure that he was blushing profusely at this point.

"Really?" He actually managed to find his voice. There was no way this guy could be Vic, could there? This was the guy he had been writing to for the past few months?

"Yeah, and the funny thing about that is that his name is Kellin, but by some odd twist of fate, he looks just like you, David." Vic was leaning against the counter at this point, his brown eyes sparkling at Kellin with each word he spoke to him. Kellin's mouth kept opening and closing, something similar to what a fish in a bowl does.

"Vic?" He asked after a moment, though there was no other possibility at this point, this had to be Vic, his Vic. He saw the letter and came back to tell Kellin that he knew it was him, and that this is who he was.

The nod he received was enough to make Kellin scurry around the counter and instantly throw his arms around Vic's neck, drawing him in closer for a hug. He couldn't believe he was finally seeing him in person for the first time, well second, but it was the first time that he actually knew that it was Vic standing before him. The thought never occurred to him that just a few minutes ago he had been shamelessly daydreaming about Vic, thinking he was a random bookstore customer whom he'd never see again.

"I can't believe it's really you," Kellin murmured softly, taking quick note of how wonderful he smelt and how warm he was. After another moment, he released his hold on him and took a step back, blushing softly at his own excitement.

"That's what I thought too when I opened the letter you sent. You were right in front of me and I didn't even know it," He shook his head, running his fingers through his dark hair as he spoke. This definitely wasn't how he imagined getting to meet Vic, but at least now he knew for sure that he and Vic were really friends. He actually came back because he knew it was Kellin. "At least now I know where I can come and bug you at when I'm bored."

The idea of Vic coming to visit him at work was greatly appealing, hell, the thought of Vic coming to visit him anywhere would be appealing really. This could take their friendship to a whole different level than it had been previously, especially since now they knew that they could see each other in person.

"Well, I hope you weren't disappointed by what you saw." Kellin gave him a lazy smile, his hands slipping into his pockets as he stared at him.

"Far from it actually, I was quite impressed with what I saw, both times." There was a small flip in his stomach as he heard this.

"Well, I could definitely say the same to you." This flirty side was a new one for Kellin, he wasn't sure where it was coming from, but he was hoping that he could keep it up for a bit longer, because the last thing he wanted was for his nerves to kick in and ruin this for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eeeep.