Status: Let's see how this goes~

Strangers in Love

Like a Tidal Wave

Have you ever felt like things have changed, yet when you stop and look around everything is still the same as it was before? Well, that's how Vic has been feeling ever since he met Kellin- he was quick to correct him the first time he spelt it wrong. Things haven't really felt the same since they started writing, but other than sitting down to write a letter every few days or so, things were normal for him.

Currently, he was driving downtown to the local bookstore to pick up a few new reads for his next paper review- yes he was a critic. He needed some new material for his next column and he hadn't even started yet, seems like it'd be another later nighter for him, trying to cram all of his reading and writing in before his deadline the next morning, he'd be dead on his feet if he wasn't careful.

While he was driving, he allowed his thoughts to wander to Kellin again. as long as they had been writing to each other, he still had no idea about what this guy looked liked, he was supposed to be getting a picture with his next letter, but it hadn't arrived in the mail yet. He couldn't fight the small pool of excitement that made his stomach twist in knots with the mere thought of knowing the face behind those letters he looked forward to so much.

After exchanging letters between them, Vic had really gotten to know Kellin and who he was. He knew the basics about him, his age, what he did, and that he lived alone. Though a big majority of their letters was spent talking about deeper and more in depth things. Vic had told him about his health problems he had be experiencing for about a year and a half now, and Kellin in return had told him about a lot of his anxiety issues. They were quite the pair now that he thought about it, Vic was quite skilled at making friends and allowing others to get close to him. He noticed that Kellin seemed to be rather opposite of that.

Stopping his car outside of the bookstore he had found on Google after searching for the specific title he needed, Vic was ready to get in and get out so he could shelter himself inside for a night of being hermit so he could get his work done properly and not lose his job- again. So far his boss had already fired him four times, he could only imagine that he'd actually mean it this time.

Hearing the small ding of a tiny bell overhead as he pushed the door open, the old hinges squeaked in resistance as his weight was pushed against it. He figured this place must have been around for a while, and that thought had been confirmed as the subtle scent of musk reached his nose as he paced a pile of books that were old and damaged, most them missing the spines while the others had faded titles across the top. There was doubt that he had found the right place, he was looking for more modern text, and this place didn't seem to have it.

His new quest was to find and employee to help him, if he couldn't find it himself, one of them had to be able to do it, right? Peeking around shelves and large piles of books, he kept looking for someone who knew what they were doing in this maze of a book graveyard. Finally after several moments of twists and turns he spotted a man stacking a few books on a mahogany shelf. Grinning in satisfaction, he stepped up behind him before tapping him gently on the shoulder.

"Excuse me," He spoke quietly, as if a louder tone would shatter the atmosphere this place had set up.

When the man turned around to face him, Vic was stunned for a moment. This guy was beautiful. From his blue eyes that seemed to contain the depth of the sea in them, to his dark raven hair that sat so messily upon his head, and those pink lips that he was positive were soft and kissable, this boy was something else entirely. Immediately his eyes darted for a name tag.

David.

"Yes?" He asked in a voice so soft and light that he nearly had to strain to hear it, "Something I can help you with?"

Vic had blanked on what his reply was, so lost in this boy, but it must have been something right because the next thing he knew he was staring at the back of David's head, weaving through the maze-like isles once more.

"Here you go." He murmured, leaning up to grab the titles from the shelf, his small physique working against him. Vic wouldn't be much more help, he was rather short himself. After a moment's struggle, he successfully managed to grab the books he needed.

"Thanks." Vic smiled softly, taking the books from his hold, their skin brushing against one another's for the briefest of a moment.

Next, David began to lead him towards the front of the store, most likely to the counter so Vic could pay for his things. And he was right. David scanned the books and began to add up the prices.

"Thirty-two dollars and sixty-five cents." He announced after a moment, his gaze shifting back to Vic's face.

With a quick nod, Vic reached into his pocket grasping at the two twenties he had shoved in there before he left. Offering it out to him, his eyes flickered back to that name tag.

"Thanks again for the help, David. If I hadn't found you, I'd still be wandering around in here," Vic chuckled under his breath.

"Oh, it's not Davi- never mind," He shook his head, holding out the change to Vic along with the bag of books. Vic found it odd, but shook it off nonetheless.

He gave one last smile to the worker before taking his things and heading back towards the door ignoring the musky scent and the squeak of the door. This place may jut be his new regular stop, even if he knew his books wouldn't be there, he was so stricken by that guy that he could barely contain himself. Never had that happened to him before.

The mail was waiting for him like usual when he arrived back home, and to his pleasant surprise, so was his letter from Kellin. The surge of excitement had returned in his stomach once more, he knew Kellin's picture was going to be in there. After a few months of imagining it, he was finally going to know for sure.

"Here goes nothing." He muttered to no one in particular, sliding his finger under the protective seal that held the letter inside, watching as it ripped with such ease.

One deep breath and he was pulling it out with a swiftness that could only show how eager he was for this. The paper was the first thing he pulled out, but he could still feel a slight weight in the envelope, which meant the picture was still contained inside.

Reaching inside one last time, he pulled it out and stared down at it. What he saw caused his eyebrows to furrow, his mouth to go dry, and his stomach churn. It wasn't what he was expecting at all, far from it to be quite honestly.

The last thing he expected to see when he opened that envelope was a picture of David.
♠ ♠ ♠
The story is really going to pick up now that their first letters wen back and forth. I can't wait!