Status: Hey guys! Raechel here to let you know that sadly I'll be the only writer of this story now. Hazel's just too busy, so I'll try to keep this updated at least one every week or two.

Heaven Above You

Chapter 9

Belinda’s POV

My pumps strike the smooth marble tiles of the corridor, the sound almost painful to my ears and inducing a backburner fear of a snapped heel. Hell has been buzzing with the upbeat attitudes of all the demons. Well, all, but one. Kellin has taken to long-term residing in his room, only coming out when the boss man orders him to do so. It has been only two days, two long, mourning-filled, days for him. I have a plan though, a plan which I have already relayed to Kellin. The plan is that I will locate the general area where Victor may be and then talk to Lucifer about getting a new project for Kellin in order to “help him get out of his funk”. When Lucifer agrees to such an idea, I will suggest the area as the perfect place to wreak havoc. Kellin will be assigned to the area by order of Lucifer. Then, all Kellin has to do is find Victor. Boom! Instant happiness!

There is, however, a very important piece of information I emphasized when I spoke to Kellin. He will be risking his place in Hell, as there is a very strict rule (something of a rarity here) that applies to all: No demon is allowed to have ANY relationship with a human. The consequence is banishment from Lucifer’s kingdom, stripped of all powers and forced to reside on Earth for their immortal life. When I spoke of this, I can honestly say that his response was the scariest thing I’ve ever encountered. To him, it wouldn’t matter.

Vic’s POV
Jenna shows me to the guest room, pointing out the bathroom along the way. At the sight of the shower towards the back, I am able to feel a small ounce of some positive emotion. At least I will finally be able to clean myself up after walking around in the rain for who-knows-how-long. Sliding out of my thoughts, I tune into the words being tossed my way by the blond girl.

“… and this, here, is where you’ll be staying. And don’t worry about the length of your stay. You’re welcome to stay here as long as you need to, alright?” Jenna explains, giving a warm smile after her small monologue. I nod slowly and manage a tiny, yet still genuine, smile of my own.

With that, she turns on her heels and heads down the hallway, freezing to face me again at the other end of the hall and call out, “Oh, and Victor, there are some clothes in the dresser and closet that should fit you!” Then, she finally walks out of sight, leaving me to my own devices. I sigh, walking into the bedroom and standing in the middle, just looking. Crystalline blue transitions to white in a gradient down the walls, leading the eye to the room’s off-white carpet. Decorating the back corner of the room is a small brown dresser, whose back faces the corner itself, creating a triangular space between the dresser and the corner. To my left, I find the closet and go to open it. As I peer in, I find the hangers embellished by articles of clothing ranging in colour. Back home, we only wore togas of the purest white, but I still knew what humans on Earth covered their flesh with from all the times Michael and I looked through the Clouds of Glass at night when our parents fell asleep. I remove a pair of blue jeans and a black shirt that some words written on it. Not really caring about the writing, I proceed to drape the two items over my left forearm and walk to the bathroom I saw earlier. I close the door behind me softly, carefully locking it, and apprehensively look at my reflection in the mirror.

I am not surprised by what I see. My hair is a collection of wet and dry patches, all over tangled and appearing grimy. My toga looks worn out, the initial white now stripped down to almost a yellowish egg colour with many scuffs of dirt, and contains a rip or two. My skin no longer possesses the angelic glow it once had and my back still hurts in pulses, but otherwise has long ago ceased its bleeding with my toga stuck to the dried blood. My eyes lack all life, which is only amplified by the bluishly tinted bags that scrape just below their bottom lids. Shutting my eyes to block out my reality, I picture Kellin, the thought of whom would bring a flutter to my wings… if I still had them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's short. Yeah, it's late. Yeah, I'm a horrible person. But wait! What's that over there? *points behind you* *you all turn around* *runs away*