Didn't Mean It

O n e

The sun was setting, the sound of kids laughing and screaming filled the air as the trees swayed to the breeze. I took a deep breath in as I continued sketching the view of the park infront of me. I crossed my legs on the bench as I put my glasses on.

"Hey."

I looked up scrunching my nose to keep my glasses on.
"Uhh... Hi." I replied taking a full look at the guy talking to me.

"You like drawing?" He asked as he smiled a tender smile. I've never seen him before. He had messy brown hair that was spiked up in the front. His eyes were a honey brown color. He was wearing a dark red botton shirt with his sleeves rolled up.

"Yeah I enjoy sketching....." I said.

"My name's Justin."

"Oh," I smiled still scrunching my nose. "I, my name's Lily."

He held his and out. I reached for it and shaked it. He took a seat next to me. I took my glasses off and closed my sketching book. I stared at him for a while.

"Are you from around here?" He asked.

"Yes, are you?" I asked.

"Well I just moved here a few days ago."

"Oh cool," I said staring at him. I couldn't take my eyes off of him for some weird reason.

"May I see?" He asked. I nodded and let him take my sketching book. He opened it and looked at some of my sketches. "You're really good. You should start making drawings and then painting them," he said turning the pages.

"I tried finishing my sketches but they just didnt look right," I said as I watched him turn another page. He stared at the book. I looked down at the page. "Oh!" I took the book away from him. "I forgot that was in there. Sorry its personal," I said. On the page was a letter I had written a long time ago. I ripped the letter out and gave the book back to him. He took it and continued looking through it.

"Wow, its amazing," he gave me the sketch book back. I put it in my bag.

"Thanks," I said. Then my phone rang. I grabbed it from my bag and answered, "Hello?"

It was my brother calling me to get home. I hanged up and turned to Justin, "I have to go." I grabbed my bag, "Bye."

"Yeah, bye."

I started walking away when Justin yelled, "Will I ever see you again?"

I turned around and smiled, "I'll be here tomorrow." I waved and continued walking.

I got home.
"Hey steven," I said placing my keys on the hook near the door.

"Hey you finally got home. I have some news for you," said Steven as he walked over to me.

"Well what is it."

"I got into Yale!"

"Thats amazing! Congrats!" I said. I'm gonna be all alone now. Aww that sucks. But at least this means my brother's growing up.

"Thanks."

I hugged him. Then he pulled away, "But what about you? Will you be okay living here alone?"

"I have friends! I can manage anyway."

"Alright. I'm leaving tonight."

"So soon?" I asked sitting down.

"Yeah I wanna start moving in."

"Alright. I'll miss you a lot! Please call once in a while to let me know you're still alive.

He chuckled, "I will. And I'll miss you too."

"Bye."

"Bye Lily bug." We hugged one last time and decided when we would skype and talk.
I smiled then walked upstairs. I sat on my bed and took out my sketch book. I looked at the sketch I drew today. There was a little note at the top of it in the corner. It was his number. Justins. I smiled. I closed the book and got ready for bed. I turned my light out and tried falling asleep.

N e x t D a y
I woke up at around 9 and Steven had already left. I walked downstairs. I cooked myself breakfast and ate. While I was washing the dishes I thought of what I would to today. I have to go grociery shopping, then I'm going to go visit my best friend Taylor.
And maybe go to the park to see Justin.
I walked upstairs and took a shower.

Rice, beans, apples, cake mix, salad, grapes, bananas, milk, bread, beef, pork, eggs... I think i have it all. Oh wait spagetti.

N o P o v
Lily walks into the pasta aisle. She looks for the type of spagetti that she wants. Justin passes by behind her and grabs his spagetti, and places it in his cart. Lily chooses hers and walks back she suddenly bumps into him. Without looking she says sorry and walks away. She gets in line, pays, then bags her food. She walks to her car and puts everything in the trunk of her car.

L a t e r
L i l y ' s P o v
I unpacked my bags and checked the clock. The bright green numbers spelled 5 PM. I got back in my car and drove over to Taylors house. I knocked on her door and she opened it.

"Hey come in," she said.

"Hey," I hugged her and walked in. I followed her to her kitchen.

"Anything new?" She asked.

"No not at all."

"You seem happier than other days," Taylor said making a confused look appear on her face.

I grabbed a can of sprite and sat on her couch. I noticed I had been smiling the whole time.

"Its a guy isn't it?!" She guessed.

"No I said nothing," I repeated trying not to smile.

"Is he cute? Do you like him? Oh does he like you??" Taylor asked. She always asked a bunch of questions, she always wanted to know everything.

I looked down and smiled again. I patted the seat next to me. I crossed my legs, "Well... He's cute... And I think I like him but I don't know if he likes me."

"Are you going to meet up with him again?!" She asked literally yelling.

I nodded, "Today, at the park, again."

"Ahh how exciting! Did he show any signs?" She elbowed me and winked.

I giggled, "What? No."

"Well he said my sketchings were amazing. And he asked if he would see me ever again. But that doesnt mean anything," I said looking down."

"Please tell me you are smart enough to know that that means something?!" she said.

"Should I go? I asked.

"Are you serious-YES!" She answered jumping up and down in her seat.

"okay..."

8:30 PM
I crossed my bag on my shoulder and walked to the park. I sat down on the bench and crossed my legs feeling the breeze hit my face. I smiled.

"You came."

I turned. It was Justin. I smiled.

"Of course I did," I said. I saw he had a guitar in his hand, "Do you play?"

He nodded and played a song. I smiled, "You're really good."

"Thanks." He sat down next to me. He stared at me for a while and I stared back.

"Do you play?" He finally spoke after the long silence and awkward stare.

I shaked my head," No, but I'd like to be able to play.."

"I'll teach you, if you want."

I smiled, "Okay."

So he gave me a lesson on the names of the cords and showed me how to play twinkle twinkle little star.

DONG--

I got a note wrong and it sounded terrible. I laughed and looked at Justin, "I suck."

He shaked his head and giggled, "You don't suck, you just need practice."

I gave him back his guitar, "You wanna go for a walk?"

He nodded. I stood up and started walking, he followed.

We walked along the sidewalk of the park until we got to the other side of the park. The park was connected to downtown. We didn't walk in silence, we talked about ourselves. He told me about his life in New York and in Canada. He lives alone now and his mom lives in LA.

The sun had finally set and it was dark now except for the streets lights. Here in the city of Sunnyvale people are always awake. Stores usually don't close until about 11PM. Many people were still out in the streets and parks. Its about 8, and it's freezing. I wasn't wearing a sweater, how stupid of me to forget a jacket...

"You want something to eat?" Justin asked interupting my thoughts.

"Sure," I answered. We walked into a restaurant. The waiter sat us at a table outside. The good thing was that there was a heater. We ordered our food and waited. After we ate we talked a bit more. When it turned 9 we decided to head back. On our way I started shivering. I pulled my phone out and noticed it was 50 degrees outside. Then I felt Justin place his jacket over my shoulders. I turned towards him and smiled, "Thanks."

"No problem."

When we got back to the park, I took his jacket off and handed to him. But he didn't take it, "I better start walking home."

"Keep it, its cold. And I'll give you a ride," he said.

"No thanks, I can walk," I responded as I handed him the jacket again. He took it this time but put it on my shoulders again.

"I insist, its freezing out her for you to walk home," he said smiling.

"Okay, you're right it is freezing," I said as we continued walking. On our way towards the parking lot, Justin walked closer to me and wrapped his hand around mine, intertwining his fingers with mine. I smiled and leaned my head on the side of his arm.

We finally reached his car. He opened the door for me, I got in and he closed the door. He got in and drove off. I gave him my adress and in no time, we arrived.

I got off. Justin walked me all the way to my door.

"Thank you for driving me home," I said smiling up at him.

"No, thank you for a great night," he answered taking my hands and wrapping them around his neck. He placed his hands on my waist and smiled, "I think I might be in love with you already."

"That's impossible we just me-"

Justin interupted me again by leaning in and placing his warm soft lips on mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him back, enjoying every bit of the kiss. I didn't feel like pulling away, but after what felt like hours, we pulled away.

"Good night beautiful," he said as he kissed my forehead.

"Good night," I said. I unlocked my door and walked in. I watched him drive away.

I got into my room and sat on my bed thinking about what just happened. I smiled to myself. I noticed I hadn't given him his jacket back. I took it off and placed it on the chair next to my bed. The jacket smelled like his colonge. I laid down and closed my eyes.