Status: Completed.

All My Heart

Drive

11th June 2008

Dan shook his head in amusement at the stubbornness of the younger girl. He picked up more pebbles, throwing them at her bedroom window.

The neighbours had seen him doing it and instead of telling him off like he'd expected to happen, the elderly couple merely smiled at him before heading to bed. He guessed the odds were in his favour; or maybe they just thought that he was pulling a romantic boyfriend act.

Hah. Boyfriend.

Like that would ever happen between the two. He doubted that he even wanted to settle down. He got bored of a girl after such a short time and the only one who didn't bore him was his best friend.

The same best friend who was currently being an absolute twat and refusing to open up her bedroom window again.

Dan laughed quietly as his phone started to ring, the caller i.d. clearing displaying her name.

"Do me a favour and piss off, yeah?"

"Hello to you too, darling. And how am I? Well I'm doing fantastic."

"Dan." Aria sighed, the bedroom light switch turning on.

"Aria." He mocked, earning a scoff.

"What do you want from me?" She whined, going to the window to bang her forehead against the glass pane. Of course, Aria being... Well, Aria; she hit her head too hard on the glass - making her let out a yelp of pain as she rubbed at her forehead.

Dan burst out into laughter before he struggled to control himself so that any of her neighbours wouldn't call the cops. "You're such an idiot." He laughed, shaking his head as she glared down at him from her bedroom.

"Did you come by just to insult me? 'Cause if you did, I'm hanging up."

"I've been waiting for you to open your window." He stated in a matter-of-fact voice.

"I'm never opening my window again. Especially after what happened last time."

"That last time was your fault!" He laughed again, pointing an accusing finger up at her.

She gasped. "Was not! Who throws giant rocks at someone's window?"

"You opened the window at the wrong time!"

Aria scoffed. "So now there's a right and wrong time to open the window? Jeez, Dan, sorry for not knowing." She dragged out, earning the finger from the male on the ground.

"Just, come on."

"Where to?" She asked, walking further into the room to pull on a pair of skinny jeans and her leather jacket over the loose tank top she was prepared to sleep in. Stupid Dan and his stupid pebbles.

"Just come." He all but ordered, cutting the call.

Aria scoffed, staring at her blank screen for a moment; deciding if she should be offended or not. Then again, this was Dan she was talking about. She could never stay mad at him even if she tried her hardest.

"We're going on an adventure." Dan grinned, pulling open the passenger door and ushering her in.

"And where would this 'adventure' lead us, dear Daniel?" She asked in a mocking tone as he stepped behind the drivers' wheel, starting up the engine.

He shrugged. "We're going on a drive to nowhere and that'll be our adventure."

"You do realise that I've got school tomorrow, right?"

"Meh, school's unimportant."

Aria scoffed. "Just 'cause he's in a fucking band." She mumbled under her breath, earning a laugh from the male next to her. "Stop laughing and start driving."

"Yes ma'am."


***

Dan was sat at the end of the couch, his head resting in his palm as he watched a rerun of Doctor Who playing on the tele. Aria was sat at the other end of the couch, watching the tele as well, but not really concentrating on it. He was sure that she wouldn't be that interested, anyway. She was a fangirl for Supernatural and Merlin; not so much Doctor Who.

He glanced at her from the corner of his eyes, before he ended up just shifting so that he could look at her. She looked empty, to put it in the simplest of words. Dan couldn't even try to come up with a noun or a verb or an adjective or whatever to describe how she looked at the current moment.

She was still beautiful, though. She was still the beautiful girl that he grew up with. The same girl who cried when the dentists injected her gums so that they could extract a couple of teeth for her braces. The same girl that was afraid of driving a car, because she figured that she'd go off of the road. The same girl who insisted that riding her Ducati Monster while clad in a dress was the norm. That same girl.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked softly, her lips turning up into a small smile, though her eyes never strayed from the television screen.

Dan shrugged his shoulders. "Thinking about our childhood." He smiled. "Remember when we used to go on drives at night and you'd be half asleep in school?"

"How could I ever forget? I've gotten about five detentions because of you."

"Hey, you could've just stayed home."

Aria finally turned to look at him, shooting him an unimpressed look. "You threw rocks at my window for five minutes."

"Pebbles." He corrected.

She shook her head. "Rocks."

"Pebbles."

"They were massive rocks, Dan! I had a bruise for three days because of your bloody rock."

"You weren't supposed to open the window?" He tried, starting to laugh.

"Again with the whole allotted window opening thing." She rolled her eyes, a small laugh bubbling from her lips. The sound of which, instantly made Dan's smile grow across his face.

He'd missed her laugh. She'd been so quiet, so unlike herself over the past couple of days, not that he could blame her. Dan never left her side, even when she refused to see him. He just stayed outside her bedroom door, playing iPhone games and reading some of the books that he'd seen her read over and over again. If she was in her bedroom with the door locked, he'd stay outside. If she was in the living room, he'd be in the living room.

He just didn't want to leave her. She probably knew it, deep down, for she never asked him to leave. If she didn't want to see him, she just stayed away from him; but never asked him to exit her flat. It wasn't like he'd listen, though.

The only time that Dan did leave the house, he made sure that Max and Sam, Max's girlfriend, was over. That was the night that Dan had gone out with Josh, since he'd ran into Dan on the way there, to have a little meeting with James. And by meeting; it was really just Dan's fist meeting the bastard's face. And then Dan went back to Aria's flat as though nothing had happened.

"Come on." Dan said suddenly, getting to his feet and standing in front of Aria, holding out a hand.

She raised an eyebrow. "Where to?"

He smiled that devilishly handsome smile of his - the one that lighted up his crystal blue eyes.

"We're going on an adventure."
♠ ♠ ♠
This looks rather short. Anyway! Thank you for commenting -

nalia
robyn alicia
XXXataktoulaXXX
Teenidol
OppositesAttract
NobodyCares

:)

Thank you for reading! ♡