Status: COMPLETED

Our Memories Blanket Us With Friends We Know

And Die Like Star Crossed Lovers When We Fight

Frank stocks up on groceries at a local shop. An older looking man, late sixties perhaps, was serving him at checkout 3.
" New in the area? " He asks
.

Frank smiles. " More or less. "

"You’ll like it. Especially since it warms up a little. " He pointes to the groceries " Let us get you some boxes for all that. "

" Okay, thanks. "

*~~*

Frank finds himself a short cut home and decides to use it for his way to work every morning.
As he pulls up with his groceries in the back of the truck.
He notices the mailbox with its raised flag. He stops by and opens it, throws the letter in the box of groceries and unloads it all in his kitchen. He organizes the whole fridge so everything is easily remembered. So basically Frank put everything in the same spot to how his Mom's fridge is.

He sits in his chair by the window, silhouetted against the moonlit Lake outside.
He opens the letter and reads.

'Dear New Tenant. Hi and welcome to your new home and congratulations, etcetera.
It’s a wonderful place, as you already know, and I’m sure you’ll love living here as much as I did.
I’m the previous tenant by the way.'

Frank is puzzled.

'The post office is forwarding my mail but I wondered if you could send anything that might slip through. My new address is below. Thanks.'

Frank flips the letter over.

‘P.S, Sorry about the paw prints by the front door. They were there when I moved in. Same with the box in the attic. I think it belongs to the owner.’
-Gerard.

Frank stares at the letter. He stands up and walks to the door. Nothings there, or anywhere near the front whatsoever.

He walks down the hallway and opens the door to the attic's crawl space. He makes sure to look thoroughly around.
It’s empty. No boxes, nothing. Nothing but spiders and it's cobwebs. He wasn't game enough to check. He walks back into the kitchen. He reads the letter over again, shrugs and crumples it and throws it on the kitchen counter.
♠ ♠ ♠
click nxt chapter