Status: Updates as often as possible. Check out the offical Tumblr for more infos : wwwbytheriversedgefic.tumblr.com

Meet Me by the River's Edge

Chapter 9 or " Weak in the knees and fuzzy in the head "

Us girls we are so magical,
Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
Hard to resist, so touchable.
Too good to deny it.
Ain’t no big deal, it’s innocent.


I was proud of myself.

I was proud because I could honestly say that this was the first party in a long time that I wasn’t completely wasted at.

I was a little tipsy, but not drunk.

It was that state were suddenly people are much funnier and your tongue is just a little more lose than before, but where you still have complete control over your body.

“ Hey, why so sad grumpy cat ? “ I asked as I approched a very upset looking Alex Gaskarth in a pretty handsome looking Joker costume.

" Ugh, nothing…It’s just … nothing Billie it’s fine. Just … girlfriend problems " he looked like a beaten puppy. So sad and weak and … just devastated.

" I can help you with that…if you want. Come on buttercup, tell aunt Billie your problems "

I motioned for him the move a little to the right and when he did I slumped down on the sofa next to him.

" What’s it Lexi pooh, why the long face ? "

His eyes were still focused on the beerbottle in his hand while he combed the other nervously through his hair.

" Callie, she’s … she just told me that she’s been seeing someone else, for quite a while "

What a bitch. Alex was a downright sweethear. He could have so many girls with just the wave of his hands, and the girl that actually stood a chance with him broke his heart over and over again, walking over the pieces to make sure they were as small as possible.

" I’m sorry Lex. But … maybe it would be best if you guys broke it off once and for all ? "
He nodded and for the first time since I sat down, he turned to look at me.

" We did, we broke it off. Definitely and without turning back "

Aw poor thing. This was supposed to be his party, he was supposed to have fun, not cry over his girl…ex-girlfriend.

" I’m sorry Lexi "

He quickly shook his head and focused his gaze back on the floor.

" I’m not to be honest. We’ve been going that direction for a while now so … I’m not surprised and sad…man I should be, she cheated on me for several weeks but uhm, I am not. Not at all. I don’t feel anything for her… I guess emotionally I’ve been cheating on her too. "

Now THAT was confusing.

" What does that mean Alex ? " I raised my eyebrow in question.

" I … " he let out a breathy laugh ” … there’s this girl and she walked into my life and completely blew me away … but then she caught a friend’s attention and he caught her’s and…I think he might’ve called dibs on her. They’re basically an item so, there’s no room for me. But still, sometimes she looks at me and I see a little twinkle in her eyes, a flicker of hope that maybe she feels the same “

" Woah Alex that’s … heavy. But uhm…you should talk to her. "

" Billie, I told you … she’s basically spoken for. I … we’re barely even friends "

Who was this mystery girl ?

" Do I know her ? "

Alex nodded, still in thought. Then an idea dawned on me…and Idea I hoped that wasn’t true. He couldn’t be talking about me, could he ?

" Alex are you … "

" Yoooo guys, gather around. It’s time for truth or dare " Jack called as he stormed into the room and slumped down between me and Alex.

Most people were already gone and I could only see Zack,
Rian, Clover, Jack , Alex, Me and 2 girls that seemed to have a liking in Jack. Of course they did, who wouldn’t ?

" You ready for some truth or dare ? " Jack mumbled into my hair as he pulled me onto his lap.

" I … I don’t know " I stuttered, this could only end in a catastrophe.

" What do you mean you don’t know ? I mean it’s not like you have a coice anyway but uh … "

" I’ve never played this before "

Jack pulled away a bit and looked at me with a shocked expression.

" You’ve never played truth or dare ? Like ever ? What did you do in highschool Shortie ? "

What did I do in highschool ? Let’s see.

I tried to avoid my parent’s constant fights and spent most of my days ( and many many chill summer nights ) sitting on a little wooden bridge by the river’s edge waiting for the storm at home to blow over.

Many days were spent reading books, books that gave me a sense of … belonging. A sense of home and security. Those characters, they were my friends.

And I wrote, I wrote stories about far of places and magic spells, about happy endings and dramatic clifhangers. About myself and my dreams.

Oh … and then there was the part where I had to nurse my older sister who was terminally-ill.

I’ve only ever went to 3 high school parties and there I had to keep an eye on my shitfaced boyfriend.

No truth or dare for little teenage Billie.

" Actually, I tried not to throw myself in front of a moving train "

Jack looked at me shocked … and a little hurt.

" That’s not funny Shortie. Not funny. Then hey, I’m gonna take your truth or dare virginity "

And back was the cheeky Jack Bkat smirk. That smirk that made me go weak in the knees and fuzzy in the head.

Image

" Okay okay Billsky Truth or dare " Rian slurred. We were on our estimated 700th round and most people were drunk as fuck.

Surprisingly, I was not one of those people.

But … it was my turn. I already noticed that you really dont make friends when you chose ‘truth’ sooo,

I took one for the team.

" Dare "

A lot of ‘ooh’s and ‘aaah’s echoed through the room and Rian snickered evily.

" Okay Billskadoodle " Seriously what the fuck is it with his weird names.

" Youuu have to kiss… "

Oh god no, no. Just no.

I mean those people were my friends and it would be weird … I saw his eyes flicker over to Jack.

Oh please everyone but Jack. That would jinx all we had established the last month. A friendship.

" Clover "

Wait … Clove ? That’s it ?

" As in MY Clover ? "

Rian nodded his head eagerly and made sure I kew the rules.

" Real kissing though. Tongue involved "

Well duh. That was easy. I’ve known Clover for a long while now and she was my best friend.

And as I said before, Clove was hot. If I rolled that way I would’ve taken her to my bed in an instance.

" Okay, no biggie. Come here Clove "

She sat up on her knees and leaned over to me.

We nuzzled out noses together which caused the two of us to giggle shortly.

I could hear Jack gulp, he was in very close proximity to where the magic was happening.

I slowly pressed my lips to Clover’s. They were soft and tasted like cherry chapstick which was a nice alternative to the usuall beer(here I accidently wrote bear :P) tasting man lips. Guess Katy Perry was right after all.

Of course they couldn’t compare to Jack’s though…no one could.

We crashed out tongues together and let them engage in a heated dance. Jack was really close to dying and going to heaven, I could feel it.

As soon as the kiss started it was over. Clover looked at me and I looked back before we burst into a fit of laughter.

" Love you Tiffany Babe "

" Love you too Chucky-Dee"

I pecked her lips again and we resumed our seats and turned to the boys.

They all looked at us with big eyes and gulped audibly.

" Guys, close those mouth, you don’t want to catch flies, do you ?" Clover joked.

" Well wouldn’t I like to play with you two dolls " Alex mumbled from beside me and they all focused back on the game,

I, on the other hand, could definitely feel that Jack was really turned on by what had just happened.

" You okay there Jacky ? " I whispered into his ear.

" Just don’t move … oh and you can now tick that off the list. It was #7 : Kiss a girl "

Sneaky Bastard

Image

After a few more rounds people started to leave and Jack and I sunk further into the sofa, eventually pushing Alex off.

Rian and Zack left together as Zack was the designated driver and the girls made their way home too.

" I need to go home " I mumbled, really close to sleep and cuddled into Jack’s warm embrace.

" No stay here. You’re warm and cozy. Stay, Alex is used to people sleeping on his couch. Right Lex ? "

No answer.

" Lex ? "

Jack lifted his head a bit looking around the room, it was dark and without a doubt there was only the two of us.

" No Lex " Jack noticed and shrugged before laying back down.

" I also have to make sure Clover get’s home safe and unharmed "

Jack squished my face to the side of his neck before ruffling my hair.

" Nooo, Clover is a big girl. Also I saw her going upstairs, bet she’s getting comfortable in the guest room. Just sleep Shortie "

And with those words I did what he told me. I feel asleep cuddled into his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shorter chapter but a little Alex/Billie moment. Also some Jack/Billie time.

Soooo there might be another chapter up tonight, if not then definitely tomorrow.

Comments are much appreciated ♥