Status: Updates as often as possible. Check out the offical Tumblr for more infos : wwwbytheriversedgefic.tumblr.com

Meet Me by the River's Edge

Chapter 11 or " Alex ringtone is The blow job song ? "

"We're crashing
Into the unknown
We're lost in this
But it feels like home


“As happens sometimes, a moment settled and hovered and remained for much more than a moment. And sound stopped and movement stopped for much, much more than a moment.”

When Jack looked up from his guitar after strumming the last chord, I swear everything around us stopped. I couldn't hear my heart beating loudly in my chest, or the people cheering after the guys great performance. All that mattered was Jack's eyes on mine. Jack's smile ... and me smiling back.

Because nothing needed to be said, we both knew.

"...And then the moment was gone."

The presenter was back on stage and congratulated Alex and Jack for the great show. Which made it impossible for Jack and I to hold eye contact any longer.

As the boys came stumbling down the stage, Rian and Zack did one of those weird manly hug-handshake-high-five things with them and I quickly hugged them before we all sat down. I made sure to sit next to Jack.

So as we sat there the boys fell back into their conversations and got back to sipping on their drinks. And ever so slightly and with lots of hesitation I let my hand search for Jack's beneath the table. I just needed to give him something back. I NEEDED to.

This was all I could give yet, but I hoped he would understand it and cherish it.

My cold fingers soon met his warm hand and he got the drift as he interlocked them softly and gently squeezed my hand with his.

Nothing was said, nothing needed to be said.

This wasn't ' I love you ' this wasn't ' You're mine ' ... but this was ' I care ' . And that was all I could give now.

Image

" Alex nooo, don't drink it. You've had enough "

" So did you Billie, you st.. you still have a beer in hand "

" She's not nearly as wasted as you man "

Of course he didn't listen. So he lifted the shot to his lips and swallowed the burning liquid.

" 1 "
" 2 "
" 3 "

We couldcount down the seconds that Alex was able to hold down his drink before rushing towards the bathroom and hurling over the toilet seat to get rid of the alcohol he consumed throughout the night.

" I think we should get back to the bus " Rian suggested, being the least drunk person right now.

" How about you guys go back and me and Shortie will be with you in a while alright ? " Jack chimed up. Uhm, I didn't necessarily want to go back to the bus but I was anxious to be alone with Jack. Why would he want to be alone ? Oh please god don't make me talk.

" Alright see you then " The guys said their goodbyes and dragged Alex out of the club.

" Sooo what are we going to do now ? " I asked suspiciously. No doubt he had something planned.
Would I like it ?

I don't know but I bet it was something sweet and ... romantic. ugh.

" We're gonna drink up and then I want to show you something "

So that we did. We drank up, Jack took his guitar case, and we walked out of the Club.

As we walked down the streets of Austin, Jack delicately took my hand in his and pulled me closer as the chilly wind blew around us.

" You cold Shortie ? " he asked as I started to noticeably shiver.

" Yeah a little, but it's okay "

" Here take my hoodie " he shrugged of his zipper and handed it to me.

" Nooo Jack you're gonna freeze "

" I don't care as long as you're warm it's fine. Also geeze Billie, I'm a man, I can deal with a little cold " he mockingly flexed his biceps and then draped his hoodie over my shoulders.

" Thank you Jack "

" No problem Shortie "

We walked for a little while longer, swinging our interlocked hands between us and just laughing and joking about ... well everything. From the possibility of getting attacked by wild squirrels to to fact that a T-Rex was probably really fucked when he wanted to masturbate, due to really short arms.

And we didn't really think about it, because there was him and me and we were ... we were happy.

" How much longer is it ? " I groaned impatiently and anxious as to where Jack was leading us.
" Chill you little impatient fuck, we're almost there "

After we crossed a bridge, he guided me a little further and off the sidewalks through bushes and over roots before the area cleared up again. And when I stepped out of the hedge ... I felt my eyes widen and my jaw drop.

" Oh my god this is beautiful "

We were standing on a wide field of grass and looking directly onto the Austin Skyline. Everything was adorned by the city lights that looked like tiny little sparks of fairy dust sprinkled over the whole city.

The stars above us and the gorgeous skyline were reflected in the water that lay quietly before us.
It was like a scene from a movie. It was perfect.

" It is fucking cool isn't it ? "

" Totally "

" Was it worth the way ? " Jack asked as he sat down facing the twinkling city lights.

" So worth it. Thanks for taking me here " I sat down next to him and leaned my head onto his shoulder.

Jack turned his face towards me and I felt his arm snake around my body pulling me closer.

" I wouldn't want to share this with anyone but you Shortie " he said and placed a sweet kiss on my head.

We sat in comfortable silence for a while, just looking out on the water enjoying each other's company, before a thought made it's way into my mind.

" Hey Jack, give me your guitar "

He looked at me skeptically but did as I said and handed me his guitar.

Softly I traced the strings and started to pick and strum them to create a slow melody.

" What are you doing Billie ? " Jack asked confusedly.

" You dedicated a song to me, I guess it's time for me to return the favor. BUT you know I can't sing so ... sorry in advance. "

And then I started to strum a song that shot into my head. An acoustic version of The first time by Lifehouse.

" We're both looking for something
We've been afraid to find
It's easier to be broken
It's easier to hide

Looking at you,holding my breath,
For once in my life,I'm scared to death,
I'm taking a chance,letting you inside.

Feeling alive all over again,
As deep as the sky, under my skin
Like being in love, she says
For the first time
Maybe I'm wrong,
But I'm feeling right where I belong
With you tonight "


I kept strumming and quietly singing the words. I knew I sounded terrible. But it's the spirit right ? That's what matters.

And we were drunk and the night was young. And Jack was loving and I was brave.

So I sat there, actually playing and singing someone a song. If you would've told me that a few months earlier I would've flipped you the bird and told you to get lost.

But Jack Barakat brought out sides in me I never knew existed and made me do things I would've never thought about doing.

When I strummed the last chord I looked up and Jack had a small smile playing on his lips.

" You really can't sing for shit " he chuckled and I knew that, although he was right, he didn't say it to mock or insult me ... but it was just Jack. No matter how serious any situation was, he would make a joke and diffuse any tension. Except for maybe sexual tension.

" Yeah, told you so beforehand "

He took the guitar and placed it next to me before he pulled me towards him and laid us both down next to each other on the soft grass.

" I liked it a lot Shortie. You're really good at playing guitar by the way. How long have you been playing it ? "

I thought back to the first time I held a guitar in my hand. I think I was 10 or 11 and I was sitting on my bed waiting for Mattie to come home from her work at the diner that she waitered at after school. And then of course there was Nolan sitting next to me with his gorgeous blue eyes and his unruly blonde locks and that smile that made 10 year old me swoon.

" Uhm... when I was a kid there lived a family next to us, they had a son he was a few years older than me but Mattie and I were the only other kids around so he often came around to hang out with us. He taught me how to play when I was around ... 10 or 11. ... I had the biggest crush on him. But his dad eventually moved to Chicago and took him with him and his mom moved to Florida and went to rehab...she had some alcohol issues. But Nolan gave me his guitar when they left and from then on I played from time to time ... but except for Nolan you are the first person to ever hear me play ... not even Mattie has "

Jack's arm around me tightened and he pulled me towards his chest as I nuzzled my face into his neck and let out a small giggle as his hair tickled my nose.

" Thank you Anabelle " he mumbled and I could definitely hear a hint of sleepiness in his voice.

" Thanks ? For what ? "

" For letting me in, for letting your walls down a little."

Subconsciously my lips lifted into a little smile. It was immensely cute that Jack actually wanted to be close to me. He actually wanted to get to know me, with all my flaws and insecurities, no matter how much of a mess I was.

" Thank YOU for ... for caring " I kissed his cheek and sat back up to admire the view a little more. It really was breathtaking.

As I sat there marveling at the beautiful colors the water mirrored, I felt Jack's fingers fumbling with the clips in my hair.

" What are you doing ? " I asked giggling a little.

" I like it when you let your hair down, when it's wild and messy and all over the place. " he said and took out one clip after the other and my hair fell out of the braid.

" You like it when I have sex hair ? "

" Oh I love when you have sex hair " his voice was a mere whisper very, very close to my ear. It send shivers down my spine and then as if it wasn't a big deal at all, I felt hiss lips placing soft gentle kisses down my neck and back up again.

" Jack wha... "

" Shhh Shortie " he silenced me and tapped my chin with his fingers to make me turn his way.

" Anabelle I ... "

"It would be nice to have a blow job
It would be nice to have a blow job "


Jack pulled back from whatever he was going to say and fumbled his phone from his pants.

" Fucks sake Alex what is it ? .... yeah we'll be right back ... yes ... yeah okay ... yes I'll tell her ... I will Lex ... ugh "

he turned to me for a second " Alex says he loves you and he asks if you want to be his cuddle buddy ... as friends ? "

Aww wasn't drunk Alex the cutest ?

" I do too. And yes I will "

" You heard what she said ? Okay cool see you then ... bye you fucking cockblock "

He hung up and turned to me. " We should go "

I only nodded, what the fuck had just happened.

As we walked back to the bus it felt a little awkward and I hated that. I didn't want Jack and I to feel awkward around each other. So I took his hand back in mine and as he lifted his gaze to me I granted him a little smile to show him that things truly were okay.

" Alex ringtone is The blow job song ? " I chuckled.

" Yeah ... don't even ask "

" Sounds a lot like a bootie call " I couldn't suppress my laughter anymore.

" Shut up Shortie " Jack tried to mock anger but ended up laughing with me.

It was a weird night, a confusing nigh ... a good night.

Austin, Texas ... you're one hell of a city.

Image

2 days later we had arrived in Tulsa Oklahoma and the guys had played their sow perfectly, like always.

The next day we had a day off which was amazing and meant we got booked into a hotel ... with a real bed.

I got to share a room with Alex and Jack and couldn't wait to take a long hot bath. I had already told the boys that the hot tub would be mine for the next 5 hours.

The boys were still struggling with their luggage as I walked into the hotel room. Matt had given me the keycard earlier as he said he trusted me more than the guys.

I stepped into the room and couldn't believe my eyes. There were flowers everywhere and on the bed lay a dress that I wasn't sure whether I thought It looked gorgeous or hideous, next to a white tux.

The dress was a kind of mermaid style in creme with blue tulle fabric all around. The tux had a blue bowtie next to it that matched the dress.

As I walked closer I could see that the Flower petals spelt something.

' Prom ? '

... wait what ?

Then I noticed a little card next to it.

" Anabelle, you said you never went to Prom and being the smartypants I was, I checked the High schools on our way around the US. And guess what ? There's a prom tonight, here in Tulsa.

Thing is, we're most likely the oldest people there so I thought ... why not make us stand out a little more. Check out our great Old-ass outfits, aren't they amazing ? Alex said something like 20's Chique... Sometimes his gay is showing.

So ... will you do me the honor and be a weirdo with me at the Tulsa central high school prom ? "


What an adorable bastard.

I took my bag and rushed down the stairs and towards the bus where the boys were still struggling with their luggage.

I'm pretty sure I had the biggest smile EVER on my face as I spotted Jack and as soon as our eyes connected I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck placing kisses all over his cheeks.

" YES Jack "

Image

I was getting ready for the prom and let me tell you my nerves were going crazy.

" Okay I'm coming out now, please tell me your HONEST opinion "

Not having a girl around to help me with my styling kind of sucked ... but Alex made a pretty good alternative. So I forced him to help me and so now he was sitting on the bed waiting for me to come out of the bathroom while Jack was at Rian and Zack's room getting ready.

" I will be honest you come out already Billie " he sounded annoyed ... little impatient fuck.

As I walked out his eyes grew wide and his mouth opened and closed quickly ... reminding me a little of a fish.

" Damn Billie, if you weren't Jack's I would totally snatch you away "

I had to swallow hard for a second.

" Alex I'm not Jack's "

I wasn't ... right ?

" yeah .. yeah I know, you look beautiful Billie "

" Thank you Lex, thank you so much " I hugged him and he hugged back but he seemed a little ... hesitant.

" Billie ... can we talk for a minute ? " he asked and I nodded, quite confused as what this was about, as we sat down on the bed.

" Is this about Clover ? " I questioned him.

" No this ... this is about you actually, you and ... you and Jack "

" Okaaay ... "

He took a huge breath of air.

" Look Billie ... I like you lots, you're a really good friend of mine and Jack, well he's my best friends since ... ever. "

" And you don't want him to get hurt. Trust me Alex, if anything should happen I will do my best to not hurt him "

Alex still looked uneasy.

" Well ... yeah that is one point but uh ... you know Jack isn't like this usually. Jack is .. he likes to enjoy himself and he's a guy who does one night stands like there's no tomorrow. He's not usually that serious in the dating department so just ... just know that he's not the innocent sweetheart you think he is. And trust me I love him, he's my brother and I'm not blaming him for anything or trying to talk him down. I just want you to be careful, you really mean a lot to him and he would never hurt you on purpose but ... sometimes he just doesn't think. "

Jack Barakat ? Sweet lovely Jack, MY Jack ... a player ?! hmmm interesting.

Image

I met Jack down in the lobby and he had the exact same expression Alex had.

" Oh wow, you look so incredibly gorgeous Billie " was all he could get out as he placed the corsage around my wrist.

" Pictures you lovebirds " Rian called and forced us to make the cheesiest prom poses possible, but I can honestly say I had a great time.

I overheard Matt talking about Chicago and remembered something ... something important.

" Hey Jack, when we're in Chicago ... I would like you to meet someone. Someone that really means a lot to me & I can't wait to see again."

Before Jack could answer Rian chimed up once again.

" Oh I'm sure Jack is gonna be real busy in Chicago. There's someone HE can't wait to see either, right Jacky ? "

Jack swallowed audibly.

" Who are YOU excited to see ? "

He shook his head and threw Rian an evil glare.

" No one there's absolutely NO ONE in Chicago I want to see. But I would love to meet that person you want me to meet, if they mean a lot to you then definitely "

Jack pulled me close and placed a kiss on my head but It all seemed a little ... fake.

There was something .. or rather someone he didn't want to tell me about, and that made Alex talk from earlier come back to my mind. Maybe Jack wasn't the person I thought he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Texas Outfit :Austin, Texas

And the Prom outfits : Here

Please, pleeeease leave me some feedback it would mean the world to me :)

♥ Jo