Status: This post is my first, so please go easy on me, but I except all comments on my story. Please tell me what you think and what I can do to improve my writing. Thank you!

Somewhere Only We Know

Visitors

I really wished I didn't have to go to school. I really wanted to know what kind of information X had gotten that was so important. I hope it was something better than tire tracks. I was coming up with possible scenarios of what X had that was such an emergency, while focusing ahead seeing the Fall and Thanksgiving decorations hanging around the halls. It must be something good, he never texts me unless it's important. I didn't realize someone was walking behind me until I felt the heat coming off from the body.

No one can't really scare me, I notice them before they can even make their move. I turned around casually and saw Ian pouting at me.

"You used to be so easy to scare."

I cocked an eyebrow, "Yes, now you can only blame yourself."

"How come?" he asked.

"Because you helped with my preparation for the potential scarers."

He smiled as he walked beside me. "How are you and Grams by the way, did she make it home okay?"

"She's fine, I'm fine. Nothing more to tell." I shrugged. "She likes to party, I guess. She feels young 'cuz she's with her friends again." Sometimes I don't know why I keep bothering with this act, someones bound to catch up with my lies. I just hope the first one isn't Ian. He nodded and held the door open for me as we walked into our English room together.

English was interesting. We ended up sharing my copy of Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet"---how original. The rest of the day went by fast. After Math I was pushing for the time to go faster for Biology to see him again. I ended up there earlier than I expected. I sat there waiting anxiously, but then disappointment quickly washed over me when seeing Mr. Hanover closing the door for no disturbence. A few minutes later, I stared at the doorway hoping he would be walking through the door anytime soon. I gave up when he wasn't waiting with the rest of the boys in the gym. Not only disappointment but concerned for his well-being rushed through me. Why am I so concern for him after what he's done to me? He effected my life that much?

Coach Burns looked over to me when gym class began. "Thorne, where's your friend, Thatcher?" I didn't trust my voice so I just shrugged and walked away with Benny.

As soon as the bell had rung, I rushed out of the girls locker room, I wished Benny a Happy Thanksgiving and that I'll see her after the break. Finally, a few days to myself to work on this case.

I left straight for Downtown. A few hops, skip and a jump I was there---literally. I ran up the staircase to the fourth floor until I was doors down from room "666".

That's when I saw it.

X's door was ajar, which let off a serious warning signal off in my mind. I pressed my back against the wall for precaustion. I listened closely for any movement and the only thing came in its place was silence. I sniffed the air and smelled a light stench tainting the air in the room.

I opened the door wider and saw an unsettling sight.

Each computer with a black screen and a dead X in his favorite computer chair.

I gasped, the only sign of emotion I couldn't control. I was sad, yes, but I have no time for that. I inhaled deeply to grab the sent of who was here with X.

Nothing. The scent of his lifless body is starting to overpower anyother recent scent in the room. I have come to a dead end. I have no lead on who killed X as well as no new information of my parents death. This could have a robbery---but nothing was missing. This could have been some type of near by gang fight and X was in cross-fire---but there's no bullet shells anywhere to be seen as well blood spatters on walls. And yet, I had a feeling there must be a connection with me.

I looked around the room to find any signs of an invader.

Nothing. There was no evidence of struggling in here. Everything was the same as it was the last time I was here. This couldn't have a been a peaceful death of natural causes. X was healthy as he could be. This must have been a suprise attack. I looked around X and focused on him. His posture pinned to the chair, as if he was tied to it. So this was an ambush of sorts. As disgusted as I might felt, I must check every possibility. I sniffed near his gaping mouth for any chance of him being poisioned, but it was clean from any toxic fume. The only thing I can think of would be he was suffocated. A hand or cloth material over the nose and mouth would do just fine. I circled him around and found a note pinned on the backseat.

I didn't recognize the hand wrighting and there was no trace of evidence on who it was from, but I knew it was for me, as I read:

"Stop looking because you're NEXT."

There was no sign-off signature just that one sentence. It disturbed me that they know who I was and I didn't know who they are or what they look like. They could be anyone over the years that I've met. One of them is not who I wish to see ever again.

Panic overcame me as I heard the sound of heavy footsteps were coming from the open back door below. I went to the open balcony near the four elevators that have been down for years it seems. Two shadows submerged from the doorway, and quickly I ducked down and peeked between the bars of the banister. I inhaled deeply to know if these strangers are any threat. The smell was strange and slightly familiar.

A familiar scent flooded the room and caught my attention and it was suddenly followed by faint sounds of two pairs of feet. I crept over the balcony and looked down to see two silhouettes walking into the main lobby. I quickly crouched down from the behind the railing and watched as the two figures got closer. One of them inhaled deeply and looked up in my direction. At that, I stood back up quickly and ran out into the hallways to get to the nearest exit. They weren't cops; I knew that much.

I heard the soft padding of someone running behind me. I made a quick decision and turned the corner to another hallway. I pushed my legs faster. Shit, they're fast. The one following me was getting closer. I pushed my legs harder to get out. This hallway became darker and the only light the shown was the bright red Exit sign. My adrenalin picked up when I got closer, until I was stopped by a hard wall of a chest. I looked up and my heart stopped. My vision increased within the darkness and I saw Ian looking down at me. I went to turn away and he grabbed me with one hand holding my arm and the other gripped my throat, together they held my back tightly to his chest. I struggled to get out of his grasp but he was too strong for me in this position.

"Why were you running, huh?" he asked tauntingly. He doesn't know it was me. His eyes weren't as strong as mine in the dark. I thanked God for that. I continued to struggle from his chest. "Who are you? Why are you running?"

I suddenly felt a change within. It was the same feeling I would get during my performances at the restaurant. It felt weird, as if I'm watching myself from the inside being controled by someone else. Words came out unconsciously, "Oh, so many questions so little time." I purred out teasingly. I rubbed my backside against his front seductively, and he growled in annoyance. I felt stronger all of a sudden and twisted out of his hands and turned towards him. I knew he couldn't see my face in the dark, his growling became louder and more feral; like some kind of wild animal. Why was he growling? He started to stalk towards me. I turned quickly and ran to the exit door and turned back to him. I gave a senseous pose in the doorframe. "Hate to flirt and run, but, I gotta go. See you later, handsome," my voice husky and flirtacious. I kicked the door open behind me, the brightness shined in leaving me in a silluette and left while he was still blinded by the sun rays.

I ran home as fast as could. I haven't stopped yet. Questions ran through my mind: Why wasn't he at school? Why was he there at X's building?

As soon as I got into the room, I grabbed all of my belongings into my backpack. I went into the bathroom to make sure I grabbed all of my toiletres and made sure everything was in its place. I knew I had to find another living space. Ian couldn't have been the one to leave the note but someone else who knows me did. I have to get out of here.

There was shuffling near the window. I panicked and quickly grabbed my bag and hid behind the foot of the bed, away from the window, tucking the bag under my chin against my chest. I instintly thought maybe the ones who killed X had found me. Maybe one of them followed me and saw where I stayed.

I heard the window opening and shutting. I quickly sneaked a peak above the footboard and saw a tall sillouette as the sun shined threw the window. I stood up from my spot and approached the intruder. How did he find me here? I thought I lost him.

"Ian?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading.

Remember...

Read, Comment, Subscribe, Rec & Enjoy!

<3