The Bite

Prologue

Blue skies, birds chirping in the trees. The sun was high over head, yet, still had an enjoyable breeze. It was a spring day. And on the ground looking up at the sky, layed a little girl watching the clouds above her, enjoying her surroundings. Flowers of all colors surrounded her. She was wearing a light pink princess dress her grandmother gave her. She heard a rustled noise that disturbed the peacefulness. She sat up to looked around. There was nothing. Just the soundless forest in front of her and the rest of her backyard and house behind. She shrugged it off and desided to pick the flowers around her thin legs.

The sound came again.

She looked up quickly. Nothing was there. Again, she scoped the backyard and returned back to the forest in front of her and gasped. Two small, bright blue eyes were staring at her, darkness surrounding it. The eyes came closer to her and out of the darkness came the rest of its body. It had chocolate brown fur from head to tail. The under belly was white, the fur that surrounded the piercing blues was white as well.

The wolf pup came closer very slowly; being cautious of the giant figure in front of him.

The young girl was frozen, she never saw such a beautiful creature. As the cub came closer, wiggling his little black nose to sniff the air, she gently and carefully lifted her hand towards the young wolf. He sniffed the air where her tiny fingers were.

The pup's nose continued to wiggle, sniffing her fingers, while caustiously she held her hand in front of him. He gently licked at her fingers, tickling her and made her giggle. The pup stopped and lifted up his rear, bowing his upper body downwards, ready to pounce. Yet, his tongue rolled out. He wanted to play. Her hand started to reach over to his head, slowly. Then finally rested to the top of his head; she could feel his strength from the one touch, his solid head underneath, he was warm and full of life, and the beautiful fur she had ever seen of a dogs coat. The brown fur was clean and soft. She moved her hand gently, petting. He sniffed at her leg and then lifted his muzzle and turned it to the side of her wrist and started to lick the tender area of her wrist with his tongue. She giggled at the soft smooth rasp of his tongue tickling the thin skin there.

She turned her head towards the house, of where her mother was calling her name to tell her to come inside for dinner. She turned back to the puppy who had looked with her to see her mother. Their eyes met.

"Let's ask mommy if we can keep you." she said. She went to wrap her arms around the animal, when he turned his head and bit her arm. She yelped and backed away from him. He started to whine realizing what he's done wrong. He started to stammer in his footing, shifting the weight to each paw. He sniffed at his mark on her arm and licked it lightly with a flick of his tongue.

She looked down at the bite, sniffing, trying to keep her tears in. The puncher was deep but not so much of serious injury. It started to slowly bleed, and the wolf took a few more quick licks in his own way to apologize.

She looked away towards the voice of her mother and back and found she was by herself. She whiped the tears form her eyes and lifted herself up and walked back to her home. Now, she thought, she lost a friend and she knows those eyes will never be forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, let me know what you think!

Thanks! :)