Status: This story has a lot of editing to do.

9 Lives

Preview

"Cordelia!" Symone said in a singing like voice, skipping down the basement stairs. This girl must be younger than she appears, she's so child-like. Free from saddness and torcher. The basement---or what she calls "the hair"---was very commonus and very large to be a basement. I'm talkinga football field long basement. It was incredible! There were were a lot of high technology around, many equipment in areas; almost like a weightroom or a gym.

There was a woman with long silky charcoal black hair. She looked very young. Her skin was a honey-brown. She stood up from her computer desk.

"Cordelia, this is---"

"Mitchie." Cordelia interrupted. A smile appeared on her face. She said my name in a relief tone. How does she know my name? I swear I haven't met her my whole life.

"Do I know you?" I asked; a bit confused.

"You know her?" Symone asked. Probably more confused then I am.

Cordelia couldn't help but smile at our expression. She started to walk forward toward me. Automatically I started to back away. She snickered at my response to her approach.

"You're just like your mother; never trusts anyone." I cocked my head to the side still confused. How does she know my mother?