Status: Rewritten under You Had Me At Hello

This Is How I Disappear

Breathe

"I love you, Taylor," Frankie whispered in my ear. I nodded, burying my face in his neck. I didn't want to leave. I felt tears well up in my eyes. "Listen, you have known Mikey for a long time. All you have to do is go see him, try and make him feel better." I wiped away a tear.
"I wish it would be easier. I don't want to go over there, though..." I felt like a six year old whining about going to the doctor. He sighed. It was my fault for even mentioning it.

I bumped into Mikey while leaving the coffee shop. He looked like shit. His hair was a mess and his skin was pale. He looked like a zombie.
"Hey, Mikes..." I greeted, but he just stared right through me. "How are you?"
"Since when do you care?" He asked bitterly. He started to walk away. I grabbed his arm and he winced in pain. I recognized this kind of wince.
"Mikey... Why?" He jerked his arm away.
"It doesn't even fucking matter. You quit on my brother, and you turned your back on me. You made a promise, and you couldn't even fucking tell me that you couldn't do it!" He shouted at me.
"Mikey, I do care! It's more complicated than that!" He narrowed his eyes at me. "He was doing coke again, Mikey. He tried to hurt me. I couldn't handle it. I didn't want to tell you, but I didn't want to see his face." His eyes softened. "I will try to talk to him, Mikey... For you..."


"Frankie, I don't know how to do this..." He held the back of my head and stroked my hair. He sighed, and I felt the tears spill again.
"I will be here for you as soon as you get back home," he said reassuringly. I looked up at him.
"Promise?" I asked. He smiled and wiped away a tear with his thumb.
"I promise, love."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is short, but I've had a lot go down lately.. But I'm working on it! If you want, check out my new Frankie story:) Love yall!