Status: Rewritten under You Had Me At Hello

This Is How I Disappear

Check Yes Juliet

I knocked on the front door, as I finished a cigarette. The door opened slowly, and Mikey stood behind it, smiling at me. He opened it all the way, and motioned for me to come in. I tossed the butt into the pot designated for finished cigarettes. I walked inside, removing my shoes and leaving them on the mat by the door.

“So, I can’t figure out what we should watch. I’ve been debating all day. I either want to watch a scary movie or a comedy,” he rambled on. I shook my head.

“Please… No more scary movies, Mikes… I’ve watched too many stupid movies here and you always scream like a little girl. Let’s watch a good old comedy, okay?” I suggested, laughing at the offended look on his face.

“Fine, “he said with an overly dramatic sigh. “But, I get to pick.” He stuck his tongue out at me and ran to the movie shelf. I shook my head and walked over to the couch and plopped down. He sat down in front of the movies and began his decision making. There was a cough from the doorway, and I turned to see Gerard standing there awkwardly.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" He asked, looking over at Mikey. I shook my head.

"Mikey is trying to find something for us to watch," I explained.

"Well, it wouldn't be this hard if someone wasn't so damn picky and just let me watch a scary movie, but nooo..."Mikey complained from his place on the floor. Gerard laughed.

"Probably because you scream like a little girl everytime something happens," he joked. I clapped my hands together and laughed.

"I told you so!" I said, sticking my tongue out at Mikey. He turned around and glared at me.

"Well, why don't you just go do something productive, like ordering some pizza, instead of sitting there criticizing me," he whined. I rolled my eyes and got off the couch.

"Mind if I join? I was just about to go smoke anyway," Gerard asked, pulling two cigarettes out of a pack. I smiled and nodded, heading towards the door. I called Papa John's and placed our order. When I was done, we stepped outside. Gerard lit his cigarette before handing me the lighter. I smiled and lit my own. I handed it back to him.

"Why so quiet?" I asked, trying to strike up a conversation.

"Just thinking," he said thoughtlessly. I tilted my head.
"What're you thinking about?"

"Well, you've been coming over a lot lately, and we've gotten to know each other a bit better. I was just wondering..."He trailed off. I raised a brow at him. "Nothing... Nevermind..."

"No, come on. You got my attention now," I said, poking him in the side. He half-smiled and sighed.

"Well, I was just wondering if maybe you might want to go out with me..."

"Well, it's been like three weeks since we started talking," I pointed out. He sighed and shook his head.

"Sorry, I guess it was worth a shot," he said, tossing his cigarette into the pot. He turned to walk away, but I grabbed his hand. He looked back at me, and his eyes were filled with such rejection that it almost made me want to cry.

"Hey, you didn't let me finish," I told him. "It's been like three weeks, but I didn't think it would take you that long to ask." I smiled at him.

"So, is that a yes?" He asked softly. I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

"Yes, that is a yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a little shorter, but it didn't save completely on my flashdrive>:( Today is not my day.