Status: Active

(Don't Get) Carried Away

Part 2

I won’t treat him any different than my other patients, even though this is Marilyn Manson we’re talking about here. I think to myself as I open the door to room 1152.
I glance at the semi-conscious man on the bed. He has splints on both arms and both legs. His body is bruised and battered, I couldn’t imagine the pain, but at least all the blood is gone. He is hooked to multiple machines and tubing. (IV, oxygen, etc) I put down his file and prepare to take his vitals.
Jagged breathing is forced through his overworked lungs. The nostril oxygen tubes must be doing something. I wrap the blood pressure cuff around his arm and pump it up. Piercing brown eyes open and focus on me. He smiles warmly. “Hello, my name is Laney White, I am your designated nurse, is there anything I can get for you?” I ask in a soft voice. He doesn’t answer but is still grinning like a loon. “What would you like me to call you?” I ask. “Call me ‘sexy’” He answers. “Mr. Manson, I can’t call you that; it’s against hospital rules.” I respond, removing the blood pressure cuff. “She’s my angel, little spitfire.” Brian whispers to Chad. I didn’t even notice he was by his side until then.
I explain what I’m doing as I’m doing it. “Mr. Manson, I’m only doing this to check your breathing, if you would feel more comfortable, I can have a guy do this.” I explain while undoing his gown. “I think I like where this is going.” Marilyn says with a chuckle. I can’t help but notice the rapid increase on the heart monitor. “Would you like me to do this or a male? I need your consent.” I say. “You’re fine, darlin’. I trust you.” He responds. “Breathe in…breathe out… breathe in… breathe out… one more… ok, good job! Now tell me, how is your pain on a scale of 1-10? 1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest.” He holds up all fingers at that question. I inject more morphine into his line. “Is there anything else you need?” I ask just before leaving. “Don’t leave.” “Mr. Manson, I have other patients but if you need me, just tap the red button. I will be in here every half hour to check on you.” I tell him. He smiles again. “Can’t wait, honey.”
I walk out and tend to Joey Rodriguez in 1154. “Nurse, nurse!” It is Marilyn and he sounds distressed.
“What, are you ok?” I ask. He gives me a smug grin. “I can’t find the red button you were talking about.” Manson lies. “I could have sworn I showed you. It’s right here on your TV remote, see?” I demonstrate. “Oh.” Marilyn whispers, pretending he didn’t know.
~
My shift ends and I walk to my apartment. “Laney, do you want to go to Abbey’s and get some breakfast?” Cora, one of my friends, offers. “Sure, I’d love to!”
Abbey’s is a coffee shoppe downtown. It’s got an old fashion twang to it, but I always like sitting in the metal chairs outside on the sidewalk. Watching traffic is fun when there is nothing to do.
Cora and I order coffee and some donuts and sit in our favorite spot. There isn’t much wind and cloud cover is just right, I like it. “Marilyn Manson’s nurse? What does Barry think?” Cora rhetorically states. I didn’t even think about Barry. He is my boyfriend, very controlling and manipulative. “I don’t know, but he is going to be pissed. I better get back!” I insist. “Laney, chill, just tell him you are with me.” Cora tries. “I know, but he won’t believe me.”
Barry is a very condescending narcissistic man. He can get violent and abusive if something doesn’t go his way. I’ve made that mistake a few times, though not intentionally.
I live in a small one bedroom apartment in a tall skyscraper, which overlooks the metropolis. Very cosmopolitan and modern. Floor 17 is mine. My boyfriend Barry lives across town and I pray he is not waiting for me.

I open my front door and turn the light on. “And just what was taking you so long?” An angry voice demands. “Barry, sweetie, I just stopped for coffee with Cora, I’m sorry.” “Coffee? JUST coffee?” He sarcastically asks, turning around my office chair to stare at me. “Yes, why?” “Oh Laney, I don’t know, maybe because it takes you an average of 53 minutes to walk from your place of work to here, I have counted exactly one hour and 22 minutes!” He screams. “Barry, you know it’s not like that!” I plead. “Oh because you are JUST a nurse, nothing else to your beloved Marilyn Manson, right? Huh?” Barry yells, throwing my glass lamp against the wall. It shatters in a million pieces. “Now, I want you to tell me you what you were really doing! Now!” “Barry, I swear, I am just a nurse, nothing inappropriate is going on, you know that would be against hospital rules!” I insist. He slaps me across the face. “Liar! I know you are really having sex with him, you love fucking him, don’t you? His huge dick inside you? I can tell by the look on your face you are turned on by that, I know you’ve been cheating!” “Barry, I swear, I haven’t ever….” I am cut off there. He embeds his fingers deep into my hair, right by the roots and I feel my face being violently smashed against the round metal door handle. “Stop, please stop!” I scream. After 11 hard blows, he abruptly lets me go. I spit out a tooth and feel the blood running from my nose and out of my mouth. “Oh my god, Laney, I really didn’t mean to do that! I am so sorry, it will never happen again. You believe me this time, right?” He asks. I can’t move the left side of my face, it hurts. “This time? This time? You’ve said that over and over again. I think I will be going to bed now, I would appreciate it if you would get out.”

I stand at the mirror trying to cover up the damage to my face. It’s bruised completely black and blue and covers almost all of the left side of my face, including all of my eye. “Damn me for having such pale skin!” I whisper to myself aloud, trying to cover it up with special cover base. It’s swollen but I am good at applying makeup, so it isn’t too noticeable. I pull my long fair hair down over my shoulders and study my medium build in the mirror, before stepping out to go to work.

8:09PM. “Hello, Mr. Manson!” I greet. “There’s my angel!” His froggy voice manages. “Oh, Mr. Manson.”
I take his vitals and can’t help but feel him staring at me. “Gees, I haven’t seen you this happy all day.” Chad points out. Marilyn blushes. I do my best to conceal my wounded face. “Do you need more pain meds, Mr. Warner?” “Yes, that would be lovely. Also, could you bring me some Jell-O?” “Sure.”
I return with a cereal bowl full of Jell-O. “Hungry?” “Yes.” I set the bowl on the table next to Chad. “Well I can’t feed myself, beautiful.” He states. “I’m sorry, I figured you would want your cousin to feed it to you. Nurse Tara told me you prefer Chad than your nurse.” I respond. He blushes. “I’ll feed you.” Chad offers. Marilyn scowls at him and motions toward the door. “I need to make a call.” Chad said while nearly running out of the door. “Mr. Manson, did you plan that out?” “Please, call me ‘Brian.’ Mr. Manson is my father. Well, not really but you know.” I smile at that. “Nurse Tara said you only let family help you with your meals, but now you don't mind the nurse helping you.” I half jokingly say. “Well yeah, I don’t mind you doing it, I trust you.” He tells me. “Oh really? It’s not because you WANT me to feed you, is it?” I playfully prod. He turns a deep red. “I… uh… I… I…” Manson stammers. I chuckle. “Don’t worry, I don’t mind. We have plenty of time.” I assure while adjusting his bed to the sitting position.
I sit by his side to carefully spoon each Jell-O cube into his waiting mouth. I’d loved Marilyn for a long time now, but he is even more beautiful in person than one could ever fathom. Dazzling eyes and a sexy fallen angel face, plump lips, a cute nose and sleek black hair from the Eat Me Drink Me era.
I gently feed Brian each piece until the bowl is gone. “Good job, you must have been hungry!” I congratulate. “I still am.” He replies, a devilish smirk forming at his lips. “What would you like?” I ask. “Come here, closer.” He whispers. I obey and stand right by him. A bony hand creeps up between my thighs. I abruptly move back. “What’s the matter, honey? I know you want me. You have my consent to jump on me right here, right now. Nobody has to know.” Manson purrs. I bite my lip in hesitation.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not the best but better is on the way. Lemme know what you think! :)