For Fair Love

fifteen

I get out of Harry’s range rover sport car and follow him into a high-end restaurant. A few paparazzi showed. I enter with in and we’re escorted to a spot, ironically by the clear windows. I look at Harry as he occupies himself on his phone. I set my hands n my lap, feeling out of place. I count the utensils laid atop the fine tablecloth.
“So,” Harry starts before meeting my eyes, “Are you going to tell me what you were doing with Zayn?”
“Huh?” I make a confused face.
I’m not sure what he means by that.
“You and Zayn. You fancy him?”
my cheeks heat up like hell.
“No,” I reply, “We’re only friends, really. More like acquaintances…”
“Friends holding hands?” he presses.
I pause and frown, trying to come up with a clever answer.
“He was just showing me something,” I raise a brow.
Harry sighs, letting it go.
We order our food and stay quiet during the whole meal. I feel frustrated for some reason. Perhaps it’s Harry constantly heavily sighing.
“Why am I here?” I ask out, breaking the frustrating silence.
Harry looks up for a moment.
“Headlines,” he says.
“How long am I doing this for?”
He shrugs, “A year—”
“A year!?” I scream.
Suddenly, the restaurant has all their eyes on us. But, I’m so shocked that I carry on. Harry attempts to shush me.
“A year? Are you out of your mind!? No way! I’m going back home!”
I throw the napkin quite rudely on the table and stomp out the restaurant. I’m not going to be tortured for a year. I want my normal life back. harry chases me out the doors. He grabs me by the arm.
“Why are you making a scene?” he harshly whispers.
I pull my arm away from his grip, furious at this point. Who does he take me for?
“Do you take me for your pet!? Think I’m going to do everything you say!? I’m so done with this! Goodbye! You can find yourself another girlfriend!” I yell.
I turn on my heel through a sudden swarm of paparazzi and walk down the street on my own.

I walk for a while, trying to cool off. Once my temper dissipates, I’m drowning in guilt. I shouldn’t have walked out like that. Harry probably thinks I’m an idiot. I really thought I was doing this for a couple of days or weeks and then be allowed to go back home. But, apparently it’s not going to be smooth sailing. I don’t want to live in this world. But when I think about it, it’s not like I have much to go back home to. I also don’t want to disappoint my Grans. The night comes quickly and I sit by the tram, watching the carts drive by noisily. I hate wearing skirts. The hem keeps flying up as the wind blows. I close my eyes for a second and try to come up with a valuable apology for Harry. I had no reason to act the way I did. It was foolish. It should start off with something like ‘dear Harry, I’m sorry…’
“Chastity?”
I open my eyes, looking for who call me. It’s Jack…
“J-Jack?” I pop my eyes wide, “W-what are you doing here?”
“London’s my home, you know. What are you doing here?” he asks me, sitting beside me on the bench. God, this is not my lucky day. I’m not sane around men.
“Uh, uh… It’s something and something,” I mumble.
He smiles anyway, “It’s good to see you. You’ve never replied any of my texts.”
“I lost my old phone,” I sort of lie, “Sorry.”
“It’s fine… Why are you all alone?”
“Trying to look like a tourist,” I say awkwardly.
“Chas, we didn’t part on good terms the last time we spoke. How about we go get some coffee and chat?”
“Honestly, I don’t want to chat. And it’s not ‘cause of you… I just had a really bad day.”
“So have I. But you’re here now. I’d really like to talk to you, if it’s not too much to ask.”
“I’m afraid I might say something stupid, like I always do.”
“Well, then that makes two of us,” he grins lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
What y'all think about team Chack? Leave a dashing comment!
Lots of drama and steamy scenes coming soon.
Hope you like!