For Fair Love

twenty

A stylist brushes my hair a million times over. The boys are off to their interviews and performances. The two other ladies go through a whole fashion palette on what I should make my first appearance in. I have a date night later. Karen says that our location is going to be purposely leaked, so I have to wear something the whole world will approve of. I’ve been sitting in this chair for hours, scrolling through the twitter feed. Complete strangers, who are fans of Harry, tell me to disappear or go kill myself. They claim that Harry belongs to them and I should back away.
I sigh. If they want him so bad, they can have him.
“Dear, why on earth are you crying?” the stylist exclaims, lifting my chin.
Snapping back to reality, I quickly rub my eyes. She just shrieks.
“No! You’re ruining your makeup!” she rushes to get the makeup case again.
I groan at myself for not realizing. Now we have to start over.

“You’re late,” Harry hisses as I reach the exit of the hotel.
“I’m sorry. I—”
“Let’s just go,” he cuts me off.
Harry walks towards the SUV and I’m forced to follow. Fans and paparazzi capture us in tonne of flashes. I scout in the car and then we drive off. I try to break the awful silence between us.
“Did you have a good interview?” I ask.
“Yeah,” he answers, looking out the window.
I resist the urge to sigh.
“Um, so anything wacky happened on stage?” I try harder.
“Not really,” he says, shrugging his shoulders.
“W-where we’re going to eat this time?”
“I don’t know,”
“Harry?”
He finally turns to look at me, “What?”
His tone nearly makes me wince.
“Are you angry with me?” I ask him.
“No,” he breathes, almost groaning.
My throat becomes dry for some reason. I can’t seem to say any more. I shut up and quit attempting to talk for the rest of the night.

Karen smacks the magazine on the desk. I’m stiff from head to toe. I don’t think she’s ever been this pissed. Harry isn’t fazed by her reaction.
“I work so bloody hard, and this is what I get?” she shouts at us. She swears under her breath and goes on, “You’re supposed to act like a couple! Not a pair coming from a funeral! Where are the smiles? Where are the giggles?”
The shots of Harry and I in the magazines are not satisfying her.
“I’ve done everything in my capacity to get some chemistry out of you two, but my methods are clearly not working. What’s going on? Tell me, right now!”
I blink, shock by all her screaming. But I don’t speak a word. It was silent for a while. Karen glares at Harry. I decide to open my mouth.
“Well,” I start shakily, “I’m not attractive. So, perhaps you should find a girl that Harry will actually fancy.”
“Oh, please,” Karen sighs, “Harry is attracted to anything with a fanny!”
Harry defends himself, “Hey!”
I continue talking to Karen, “Clearly I’m not doing a good job. So perhaps you should send me back home and find a new girlfriend.”
“That’s not the issue,” Karen snaps.
“Yes it is. I’m the issue! Everyone hates me! So just get rid of me!” I shout my turn.
Feeling upset and not wanting to hear Karen’s complaints, I walk out the room. I want to go home so badly. I let my sloppy tears roll down my face. I wish all this never happened. I don’t know how long I can do this anymore. I fold my arms and head to the elevator. I start to cry. I can’t keep it in. suddenly a hand sits on my shoulder. I look up, startled. I meet Zayn’s stare. I cover my hideous wet face and twist around.
“Chas, what’s wrong?”
“Nothing,” I choke out.
He spins me around, “Then why are you crying?”
“The elevator won’t come up,” I say, wiping my eyes with the back of my hands.
“It’s too early in the morning to get all upset like this,” he says, “Do you need a hug?”
I shake my head, but he wraps his arms around me anyway. I don’t move, as I don’t know what to do. My mind spins in my head. He keeps me captive and it comforts me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whaaaaat?