Status: Comment, Subscribe, Recommend

Walk by Faith

That stupid song she sung

It had been playing in head the remainder of the day, that song. That stupid song she sung. Harry had grown into and become familiar with only one emotion and that was keeping his walls high and everyone out… then she sang that song.

He remembered every single second and moment of that performance. The way held herself, her long dark hair was let down in waves, hand on her stomach and the other gripped onto the microphone. He had taken a moment to look up Ferras and his original version; Harry wanted her version.

”And everybody here's from somewhere else. You could make a million dollars, but you might lose yourself; and you can take the heat will your heart go cold they say acting's just pretending, even that gets old.”


Those words played like a broken record player in his head. Harry could relate, relate to each and every word that left her soft and plump pink lips. He had constantly asked himself through the course of his career what had gone wrong? Each and every time he never had only one answer and that was the bitterness he held within his heart.

He had stayed quiet the remainder of the day, locked himself up in is LA flat until the release party tonight. If you were to ask him if he wanted to go Harry would be straight up and stay home but the Little Mix girls had worked so hard for this album and being his mates he couldn’t ditch.

So Harry took what felt like a 5-minute nap to wake up and find that he had been asleep for two hours. He then decided he would jump into the shower and prepares himself for tonight’s event. Before getting in he let his bathroom fill with steam before he hopped in and rejuvenated himself.

Harry was always a quick and easy fix when it got to get ready… thanks to a petite blonde by the name of Lou. He slipped into a pair of his famous black skinnies, black V-neck, and boots before he made a quick snack and headed out to Louis and Eleanor’s flat where the one and only Lou would be with their outfits all laid out and ready to go.

Image


“Well there’s the cheeky fellow. Haz we thought you fell into a black hole!” Liam called out as he walked through the door. Harry just rolled his eyes and headed straight to Lou. “Haz, there you are. Your clothes are sitting on the bed. Go grab it, change, and I’ll get your hair. You’re the last one.”

Harry gave Lou a nod and changed in the room. Eleanor had gone over to Zayn and Perrie’s to get ready with the girls. I put on a nicer pair of skinnies, a simple red V-neck and I black over jacket. I slipped on a pair of my point-toed boots and headed out into the bathroom where Lou was doing everyone’s hair.

“Ah, just the boy I wanted see, have a seat will yah.” Harry chuckled and did as he was commanded. The first couple minutes had been silent but then Lou had to go and ruin it. “What what’s up?” Harry just shrugged completely oblivious that she was trying to get him to talk.

“Nothing much, just chill yuh know.” His voice was monotone and smooth. “Harold I know you. I saw that look.” He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her through the mirror. “Lou, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She rolled her eyes.

“When that girl Paisley was singing, you had this look on your face. Everyone else may have been oblivious to it but I sure as hell am not. Want to talk about it?” There was nothing to no look had had “given”. He played stupid and continued to play stupid though he knew very well that Lou saw through his exterior expression. She always did.

“Okay Harry. You keep telling yourself that. Don’t think I’m not aware of what’s going on the past few years. You’re obviously hurting and when you’re ready to finally man up and let someone in you’re going to continue to be as bitter as you are now.” The bathroom was silent once again. He couldn’t believe, out of all the time in the world she would pick now.

“We’re not trying to gain up on you but I just wanted to let you know we all miss the old Hazza. The one who pulled pranks and created chaos with Niall. We just want you to come back to us.” Harry sat still in his place as she finished up his hair and once she had she didn’t say another word, just walked out.

Harry sat there for a few more minutes thinking about everything she had just said, yeah he took it in and let it sink in but in the end he still had his walls and he just couldn’t bare to tear them down.

It was easier to feel one thing instead of many things and become vulnerable. It was better this way. “It’s better this way.” He whispered to himself before standing up meeting everyone in the living area.

The girls had arrived and just as they came they were gone again with One Direction in tow.

Image


”Hello everyone, Candice Appalla with E news. Tonight I’m on the purple carpet here in downtown LA awaiting the ladies of the hour Little Mix. As we stand by we have come across so many other artists who attended tonight to celebrate with the girl the release of their sixth album!”

“Okay, Zayn you’re going to be with Perrie when her and the girls get out first. The rest of the boys are going to hold back for a minute and then Louis and Elle, Liam and Calli, then Harry you can get out at the end or join in with Niall and Sophia? It’s all up to you.” Of course he would be the only one without a date, but he told himself it’s better this way. No attachments.

”And here they are, the ladies of the hour. How are you feeling girls?” Zayn had broken away from Perrie and the four girls went and did press while everyone else posed for pictures. This is how it’s been for the past seven years for Harry.

Camera’s flashing, people screaming your name, interviews, paparazzi, along with everyone getting up in your business. This is what Harry had gotten tired of, this is what killed him the most. He just wanted to breathe. He just wanted to get away, go MIA for a year tops and maybe come out fresher than the 16 year old boy who had tried out for X-Factor so long ago.

Harry had become so consumed in his thoughts he hadn’t realized that Perrie had come back, that they boys had been calling his name, or that another car had pulled up and had been the one girl who he couldn’t get out of his head.

“Is that? It is, Paisley over here! Paisley Morgan can you give me but five minutes.” Her name had pulled him from his thoughts and his eyes wandered to the dark haired girl in the short blue halter dress, silver sequence trailing down.

By now they had reached the end of the carpet and he had lost any sight of her.

Image


It had been two weeks since the release party and the only sound that played in his head was the song and her voice the day she played on Ellen. The only image was her petite slim body squeezed into that blue sequence dress.

Harry didn’t know what to do with him self. Never in his life had he been so attached to a girl who he barely knew let alone never spoke a word to her. He’s seen here in person, made eye contact with the girl, but not once had he truly spoken to her despite the constant battle that had him and her being compared to one another.

“Alright boys this is what’s going down. We’re going to be on a flight first this tomorrow morning back to London, we have various Radio interviews and we’re meeting up with an artists and her management. She’s currently on tour over there so we’re going to meet up in hopes to possibly collaborate with her.”

Just like always Harry was in his own world missing everything that was going on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay guys, so like I had said in the last authors note I really am enjoying writing this story. So I hope y'all enjoyed chapter four. I promise that they'll eventually run into each other and exchange words haha. Paisley's dress is below....

Paisley's release outfit.