Only of You

Chapter 18

"Stay please, don't run off again, we need to talk," Billie pleaded as he spoke to the smaller woman.

His heart was beating like crazy, he was feeling a mixture of emotions, the main feeling being love, which confused him, a fucking lot. This was the woman who ditched him, broke his heart and yet he felt so impelled to be around her, to talk to her. Damn it, he'd missed her.

Charlie looked up at him, tears were threatening to spill from her striking green eyes as she stared at him. She was feeling so sorry for herself and him at the same time. She loved Billie Joe and there was no denying it. Not only was he a lover, but he was her best friend, he listened to her, understood her fucked up ways. Frowning, Charlie raised her hand and stroked the side of Billie's face.

"Of course I'll stay," She sighed softly, adding. "I'm so sorry Billie Joe,"

Mike and Tré came storming outside of the club looking for the frontman of their band, wondering what the hell was going on, he'd just fucked off stage 10 minutes ago and not come back, what the fuck was that about? The blonde bassist looked at a couple in front of him and just stared, he really didn't know what to say as he saw Charlie's hand resting against Billie Joe's face, his eyes were closed as his hand rested against hers. The drummer looked from the black haired Billie Joe to Mike and then he looked to the floor awkwardly. Deciding to grab everyones attention the young Tré faked a cough causing Billie Joe and Charlie to turn around to face the band members. Tré looked up at his friend and gave him a small genuine smile.

"So who's this Billie boy?" The drummer asked, trying to lighten the mood seeing as no one was speaking whatsoever.

Billie Joe looked towards Charlie, bringing her forward, he put his arm around her shoulders lightly. He smiled as he introduced her to the new drummer.

"Tré this is Charlie, Green Day's ex techie and an old friend of mine and Mike's," He spoke looking toward the still silent Mike. He then looked down at Charlie, letting out a sigh.

"And Charlie bear, this is our drummer Tré, he replaced John, shortly after you left,"

Charlie flicked her black and red hair behind her back, stepping forward, noticing Mike's slightly grumpy face as she did, she stuck her hand out towards Tré and smiled.

"Hi, its great to meet you, you're a fantastic drummer," Charlie commented kindly as he took her hand and they shook hands.

Tré grinned proudly at her compliment. "Why thank you Charlie,"

Mike stepped forward and looked at Billie Joe, an irritated expression on his face. He grabbed hold of his best friends tattooed arm and pulled him toward the club doors, dragging him inside away from Charlie and in the men's toilets. Once Mike had him inside, he pinned him up against a toilet wall, gripping the hem of his t-shirt, he got right in his face and told him exactly what he thought.

"What the fuck are you playing at Bill?" He yelled, letting go of his t-shirt and running a hand through his blonde hair.

"She just fucked you off, dumped you, broke your heart and you're happily chatting to her," He shouted even more, adding. "Hell, you even stopped a gig for her, what about Adrienne?"

His blue eyes were burning into Billie Joe's green ones. "You know that wonderful girl who's been there for you when you were in that bad place?"

Billie stepped forward, his eyes practically popping out as he threw back what he had to say back to his friend.

"I fucking know Mike, I know," He growled, crouching down to the dirty floor. He looked at the ceiling and back to his best friend as he spoke softer, trying to explain to Mike his feelings.

"That girl out there," He pointed to the door. "She means the world to me and I don't know why, it doesn't matter what she does, I love her, but Adie, means a lot to me too, for fucks sake Mike, I'm just fucked, what do I do?" He asked desperately, looking up at his best friend who was kneeling down to his level, placing an arm around his shoulder, he sighed.

"Personally, I think you've got a good thing going on with Adie," He told him honestly, adding. "Keep Charlie as a friend, I mean come on, she tried to run away again, you wouldn't be talking to her now if you didn't stop the gig,"

Billie looked at Mike, swallowing a lump in his throat as he thought about the two girls in his life and nodded, deciding that Mike was probably right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I still need to go through it, so it won't be perfect, just been listening to Green Day and decided to get writing... Hope you like the idea of it :) xx