Status: Under heavy editing!

The Human Mind Is Not a Terribly Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 10

I’m making a two year gap to make my story more believable.

The Human Mind is Not a Terrible Logical or Consistent Place

Chapter 10

It’s been a year since the Romulus incident. My father has healed greatly and ship has returned to normal. We’ve been on grand adventures involving tribbles and creatures of other worlds. Leo and I have become even closer and Kirk an even greater Captain. We have returned to the Starfleet Academy for a break to spend time off the ship.

“Alright, Bones, Adrien let’s go hit the clubs pick up some ladies, go on some dates,” Kirk smiled as we walked away from the Enterprise.

“I’d rather not spend my time drinking, besides Leo and I have a date it is past our one year anniversary and we are going to have a nice dinner to celebrate,” I said shooting down Kirks request.

“You guys are downers, how am I supposed to get a date without a wingman!” Kirk yelled as we started walking away from him.

“Try talking to the girls and being normal! Girls like it when you are yourself!” I yell back as Leo wrapped his arm around me.

“Now some piece and quiet, I’ve been waiting for this,” Leo sighed.

“Me too. Just us together alone, a nice dinner and maybe a bedroom after,” I smiled as Leo smirked.

We walked to the restaurant enjoying the silence around us. Once we got to the restaurant there were people litter everywhere waiting to be seated for there dinner.

“Maybe we should go somewhere else?” Leo asked looking at everyone.

“We don’t need to, did you forget who your girlfriend is Leo, I can get us in anywhere,” I smiled as he laughed lightly. Leo was always so calm and smooth around me. His smiled could melt a girls heart but he only smiles around me or when Kirk makes a fool of himself. His strong southern drawl makes me weak in my knees and those eyes could hypnotize anyone. I stared at him longer than I should have because he noticed.

“Is there something on my face?” He asked wiping over his cheek.

“No,” I blushed, “I was just admiring you.”

“Yeah,” he smiled, “Well darlin’ let’s get inside so you can admire me in the warmth,” he said before walking through the entrance of the restaurant.

“Hello! How may I help you,” the perky host asked.

“Hi yes we need a table for two,” I told her as she stared at me shocked.

“Yes, Dr. Pike Right away,” she nodded in a hurry as they quickly got a table cleared and sat us down.

“We should go to restaurants more often together, we get seated quickly,” he smiled looking over the menu.

“Don’t like the cafeteria on the ship,” I smiled as he wrinkled his nose showing his feelings about cafeteria food.

“Not when we’ve been eating it for so long,” he commented as a server came over.

“Hello Dr. Pike, Dr. McCoy, would you like some wine?” the server smiled happily but I could see he was nervous.

“You don’t have to be nervous darling we won’t bite,” I said as he gulped slightly. “Wine would be lovely though, I like red,” I smiled up at him.

“Just get whatever the lady wants this is all for her anyway,” Leo said as the server nodded and walked off to get some wine.

“It’s all for me? I though we were celebrating us,” I said raising an eyebrow.

“It is for us but you are the special one not me. I’m just an old washed up doctor, but you are so much more,” he spoke every word making butterflies in my stomach.

“Stop trying to sweet talk me Mr. McCoy,” I spoke softly looking at his perfect face.

“It’s not sweet talk when it’s honesty darlin’,” Leo smirked as I blushed and looked away from his blue eyes. We talked and ate our meal bathing in each others affections before returning to his apartment which is turning into our apartment.

As I walked into the living room Leo grabbed my wrist pulling me flush against him, He pressed his lips against mine as I melted into his lips, he cologne filled my nose and his warm lips felt perfect against mine. I slid my hands up to his hair pulling him down towards me as he wrapped his arms around me lifting me up off the ground. I wrapped my legs around him as I moaned into his mouth. Leo started walking we to the bedroom as he moved to my neck biting and sucking at the perfect places, but before we could make it to the bedroom the doorbell rang.

“Are you kidding me right now we can’t get an hour to ourselves,” Leo whispered angrily as we broke apart. I placed myself on the ground as the door bell rang again.

“Hold on a moment,” I called out to the door as I walked towards it. I pulled the door open to see a man in his uniform.

“Dr. pike you are wanted for a meeting with Admiral Marcus as soon as possible,” the man stated handing me a classified file digital pad.

“Why am I wanted, to speak with Admiral Marcus,” I asked looking at him.

“That’s highly classified mam,” he said looking at Leo who walked up behind me.

“Where do I report?” I asked.

“The conference room he will be up on the screen for comm call, remember as soon as possible,” he said before leaving. I shut the door and turned around facing Leo who had an eyebrow raised.

“What was that about?” Leo asked as I sighed.

“My presence is wanted in front of Admiral Marcus,” I said sarcastically.

“Top secret mission for you,” Leo said as I went to get dressed in my nice uniform.

“Yeah, classified,” I said slipping on my shoes. “I’ll be back as soon as I can,” I said as I kissed Leo’s lips and headed off for my meeting.

As I walked into the conference room that was set up for our meeting it was completely empty just the screen holding Admiral Marcus. “Good to see you again Dr. Pike,” Marcus said as I got chills. There was always something about Marcus that was off putting but I still had to listen to him.

“Good day, Admiral Marcus what was I called here for and why is it classified?” I asked getting straight t the point.

“In the file I handed you there is information about the task I am asking you to do. I am in need of your intelligence and mind for a highly classified operation. We have recently awoken a man from a 300 year slumber named Khan. He is a genetically engineered superhuman. He is mentally and physically stronger than us but I know you can break him. We have turned him into Starfleet under the alias Commander John Harrison . I am transferring you to Section 31 to work with John Harrison I want you to get into his mind and make him fall in love with you. I want you to get every secret from him you can. I want to know his life and when I need you too I want you to break him,” Admiral Marcus explained to me as pictures appeared on the pad in my hand showing my Khan and the information they have on him already.

“What exactly is he doing while he is working for you?” I asked looking up at him.

“He is building torpedoes and you are going to help him build them while infiltrating his mind,” he explained as I sighed.

“And what is a doctor doing building torpedoes?” I asked.

“You will just do everything he asks of you,” Admiral Marcus said sternly.

“I’m not working on an alias?” I asked looking up again.

“No, because we are going to have you do a mental exam on him when you arrive here in London. It won’t be easy though he is hard to break, you are our last resort. We didn’t want to bring you in unless absolutely necessary and it has become just that,” he said as I nodded.

“What about him falling for me, I am a taken woman. How am I supposed to make him fall in love with me? How am I supposed to make someone how can’t even be mentally broken fall in love with me?” I asked turning off the pad.

“You aren’t they one falling in love Adrien he is and figure the rest out for yourself. Report here in two days,” He ordered before hanging up leaving me there in my thoughts. “Seeing me in two days means I have to leave on a shuttle tomorrow,” I thought as I walked back to the apartment in silence.

I unlocked the apartment to see Leo laying on the couch watching TV. “Hey Darlin’, what’s the news?” He asked as I laid down in his arms still in my uniform.

“I have to go back to London. Admiral Marcus wants me to work for Section 31 for a while as the lead psychologist,” I said telling some truth but hiding most of it.

“What!? We just got on land. When do you leave? How long are you going to be gone?” Leo asked sitting up as I fell off the couch with a thud. “Sorry,” he mumbled looking down at me.

“It’s ok, and I leave tomorrow and I’m not sure when I’ll be back. Hopefully I won’t be gone long only a couple of months then I’ll be back in your arms and on the Enterprise,” I smiled looking up at him.

“Well let’s have a goodbye night in bed then get you all pack up in the morning,” Leo said picking me up off the ground bridal style and carrying me to the room where we didn’t get much sleep and I don’t think the neighbors did either.