Status: Keep watching for updates

Shout the Call

Chapter 28

Aaron bit hard and deep and although I felt pain, it was good, very good. He kept his mouth on my wrist, stemming the flow of blood with his tongue. I looked down at my father, sincerely hoping he didn’t wake up at the same moment I thrust my wrist to his dry, gaping mouth. He did though and I immediately placed my wrist over his open mouth, letting a few drops fall before going any further. His dehydrated tongue flicked and rolled, his eyelids twitched. I shoved my wrist down, covering his mouth entirely. He struggled a little but then fed like a hungry baby, holding my wrist tightly.

After a minute or so, I started to feel lightheaded and I looked at Aaron, silently hoping he would rip me away but he just shook his head at me.

“Not yet angel; don’t worry, I promise to stop him in time.”

I nodded, feeling reassured but none the less drowsy. Then the pain hit; it was as if my father was drawing the blood straight from my heart. Spots flashed in front of me eyes and my body felt completely weightless. I was going to pass out, or at least, that’s how I felt. Was I turning or did I actually have to die first?

“Okay, that’s enough!” I heard Aaron shout. It sounded like I was under water and he was shouting the call from the shore, “Enough Bea!”

That was the last thing I heard as the world turned black.
♠ ♠ ♠
A smaller chapter this time, which some may see as a filler, but seriously, this is a very important, integral part of the story.