Status: Keep watching for updates

Shout the Call

Chapter 4

Aaron pulled out of the kiss, leaving me pouting into thin air with my eyes closed.

“Hhmmmm,” he sighed, “that was nice.”

“Huh? Um, yes,” I agreed dreamily, “it was lovely.”

“You okay, Bea?”

“Just wonderful. Thank you.”

“That’s good. So we’re still cool then?” Aaron asked.

“Of course we are. Is there any reason we shouldn’t be?”

“Well, I’d hate to think I’ve overstepped the mark, Bea. It just felt so right though.”

“Look Hun,” I replied, “if it didn’t feel right, I wouldn’t have kissed you back. I don’t lead guys on. I’m not like that.”

Aaron nodded and smiled sweetly.

“You certainly don’t seem the kind of person that would do that, Bea. Hey, would you like another brandy?”

“You know what, I think I will. It will probably calm me down a little before bed.”

I daydream, a lot, and as soon as Aaron left the living room to go through to the kitchen my mind was awash with a myriad of thoughts and feelings. Was I the luckiest girl alive or what? He wants me but then I suppose he did this kind of thing with lots of other girls on every tour he’d been on. I’m sure I wasn’t the first and I had a very strong feeling that I definitely wouldn’t be the last. What had Hanley told me? Enjoy it. If I take this Aaron thing; that is of course, if it is a “thing”, there is no chance of me getting hurt. Just go with it, I thought to myself.

My thoughts swiftly conjured up an altogether different and more enjoyable image next. It was easy more than easy to imagine how fit Aaron would look underneath his casual yet stylish clothes. I imagined him leaning over me with that wild mane of locks tickling my face, then my neck and then…
“Here you go,” Aaron spoke, quickly causing the pictures in my head to dissipate, “we might as well finish the bottle huh?”

There was way over double the amount of liquor in our glasses as before and I knew it maybe wasn't the best idea but why the hell not!

“Wow, is that a large enough glass?” I said letting out a nervous giggle, “the way we’re going, you might have to carry me to bed.” I looked at Aaron, possibly a little too suggestively. The alcohol was already working its charm.

“Okay,” Aaron replied with a grin, “drink up then!”

******

It was ten thirty am and I woke to find I was being pinned down by Aaron’s right arm which was sprawled across my chest. A number of things struck me as I came to – the time (I never sleep in!), I wasn’t in bed alone and lastly, I was in bed with the biggest crush I’ve ever had in my life. I pinched myself; maybe it was all just a dream but still, there Aaron lay, looking sexy yet angelic and as naked as the day he was born apart from a conveniently placed corner of duvet and then it quickly dawned on me; I was butt naked too. It was certainly a first for me; I’d never “been” with anyone on a first date before, ever, if that’s what this actually was. I’ve always somewhat judgmental about women who gave it up on the first date but now, I could see just how easy it was.

I slowly inched towards the edge of the bed. I had to get up; I needed to get my head together. Just when I thought I was successful in not waking the gorgeous creature lying beside me, its left arm slid around my waist from behind. I shivered with silent pleasure.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Aaron asked in a sexy, fresh-from-sleep drawl.

“Oh, hey,” I replied, “How did you sleep?”

Aaron shook his head and tutted at me.

“Don’t play that one on me. Don’t avoid the question by asking another.”

“Okay, jeez,” I replied, “you got me. I’m just a little nervous, that’s all. I don’t usually do this kind of thing.”

“Is it so terrible? You’re a big girl now and I’m a big boy,” Aaron laughed to himself, “What I mean is we’re adults, aren’t we? I’m single and I’m assuming…..”

“Yes, totally!” I shot in.

“Cool. So where’s the problem?”

“Well, when you put it like that, there isn’t one, honestly,” I answered, “I just don’t want either of us to get hurt.”

“How do you mean?”

“Well, I know that whatever this thing we have, if it’s anything at all,” I began to answer, feeling my cheeks flush; talk about digging a hole, “well, it probably means something totally different to you than it does to me.”

“Bea, what do you want out of this? What do you want it to be?” Aaron asked in all seriousness.

“Hey, I’m easy. Whatever will be, will be.” Could I have sounded any cheesier?

“Well, I beg to differ,” Aaron went on, “If last night and any of this doesn’t matter to you, why bring it up?”

“Look, Aaron,” I replied, “I’m sorry if I’ve touched a raw fucking nerve, but….”

“Bea, Bea; calm it!” Aaron said, turning me around to face him, “You’re obviously feeling defensive about this so it’s obvious you feel something. Now listen. I’ve had women, Bea; bloody hell, probably too many to count and I could easily take my pick of anyone at any time at all. I’ve been there, done it and got the lip-gloss stained shirt but then I see you, I learn about you, I read about you, I hear about you. And then you actually come along and seriously, seeing you in the flesh and then listening to you talk and watching you interact; you’ve hit me like a ton of bricks, Bea. No one has ever had this effect on me. You’ve got to me.”

I was completely speechless and I felt like I looked like a total idiot with my mouth agape and my eyes wide and unblinking.

“And do you know how weird that is for me?” Aaron continued, “I’ve never had to tell a girl how I feel about her. It’s never been like that; there’s never been a need. It’s just been meaningless sexual gratification. So, that’s how I feel. I have opened myself up to you and probably sound like a total dick and I have this feeling you’ll run a mile now because you only wanted something casual, maybe even meaningless, and I know I shouldn’t expect anything more than that because it’s exactly how I’ve treated so many before……..”

For Christ’s sake, shut up! I thought as I crashed my lips to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it's been a while hasn't it folks? What with Christmas and New Year Festivities AND FINISHING Chapter 27, I've not had chance to get on here and update you all. Let's just say I'm just about to start Chapter 28 and I'm totally in love with this book. I'm torn; do I post every chapter up on here OR do I just tease you and tantalise you and just when you're really in the zone, stop updating and tell you you need to buy the book? Answers on a postcard please (or if it's easier, leave me a comment, explaining what you think is best). It WILL be a book, that's for sure and I know my wonderful friend BRAD will say and do (or at least, I think I do).

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas folks and I wish you all the very best for 2014