He Haunts Me

Two Nuns In A Silver Car

Singing loudly along with all my favorite songs really distracts me. That’s exactly why I did. I didn’t want to think about Jasper. I didn’t want to think about weather I remembered to lock the door or not. Most of all, I didn’t want to think about the traffic jam I was stuck in. Only ten miles from the last exit until I was back to my home, back with my best friend since first grade. Stupid construction.

I was getting strange looks from the two nuns in a sliver car that was stopped next to me. I kept averting my eyes from their disapproving eyes, I was happy when their line of traffic moved. Two cars passed before a white van stopped, the music from that van was audible over my music.

I had to give them points for that. I danced and sang while at a stand still. I was forgetting about all of my problems. Algebra II test on Monday. Psh. Who cares. Front door’s not locked. Eh. Mom will be home in hour. Traffic. Who gives a shit. Dead guy roaming around my house and going through all my stuff. Whatever, I don’t mind. I was so involved in singing I didn’t notice eyes on me. Once the song was over, I felt them burning me. I directed my eyes to the white van. In the passenger seat Nick was waving at me like a maniac and the guy in the driver’s seat grinned at me and waved. I don’t even know him.

I paused the music when Nick’s window went down. I mimicked and put my window down. “What are you doing here?” Nick asked me amused with a large smile on his face as he hung half his body out the window.

“I’m going to visit my friend. What are you doing here?” I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

“Going to a show.” Nick responded. “Our band got a last minute notice that we were booked for a show way out here.”

“I didn’t know you were in a band. Where exactly are you going?” I questioned.

“I can’t remember the name exactly, but we need to get off the exit in ten miles, right?” Nick checked with the guy driving. The guy said something I couldn’t hear. “Yeah, ten miles.”

“No shit, that’s where I’m going.” I replied. “And you might want to get in this lane if you’re planning on getting there soon.” I notified Nick.

“I told you!” Nick yelled back at the guy driving. It was then that I noticed two faces pressed against the tinted windows in the back. I laughed to myself. “Well here, you and your friend should come see us.” Nick handed me a flier.

“Maybe will.” I said and my line once again started to move. I didn’t even offer to let them over in front of me. I was anxious to see Tristan. “I see how it is!” Nick yelled as I drove forward. I laughed loudly and continued a few miles before I got stopped again.

I waited ten minutes before traffic was moving smoothly again and I succeeded in getting of the exit. I drove through my familiar small town until I stopped in front of Tristan’s small house. I took out my cell phone and dialed the all phone number I new by heart. “Hello?” Tristan answered. “I’m outside of your house.” I said as creepily as possible getting out of my car. The line went dead and Tristan burst through his front door and literally flew off his porch and hugged me tighter than I was hugging him, if that is in anyway possible.

“I missed you, bebe!” I squealed happily.

“I missed you too!” Tristan finally let his arms drop from around me.

“You still smell good.” I announced happily.

“It’s only been a week, you didn’t expect me to change my scent that fast, did you?”

“No, just pointing it out.” I couldn’t control the grin that was stretching across my face as I heaved my duffel bag out of the backseat of my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback. Good. Bad.
Let me know what you think.
Please!