Status: Active!

Haunted Memories

Nightmares

“Mama, papa, what’s wrong?” A four year old girl poked her head out from around the corner of the hallway, into the kitchen after stopping and being able to her the soft sobs of her mother. However they didn’t acknowledge her presence and she soon realized that they couldn’t hear her tiny voice.

“How did this happen? What are we going to do with her?” Mama’s speech was frantic as she rubbed her swollen belly. “This is the third time she’s caused us grief.”

“We have no choice dear,” Papa’s voice was strong, cold and void of emotion. “We must inform the council and leave her fate in their hands.”

“B-but…” Papa gave mama a sharp look and she replied with a nod of her head. “I’ll pack Kimi’s things tomorrow morning,” she finished quietly.

The petite girl’s eyes were wide with fear and confusion, had she been so naughty that they were finally going to get rid of her for good? She hadn’t meant to hurt anyone.

“She, she was floating! I saw her… in her own bed; just floating there... she’s a monster.” Mama turned to the little girl with a dark glint in her usually kind eyes. “A monster,” she hissed.

Image

She awoke, sitting upright in her bed, breathing heavily as sweat covered her body. She was always haunted by these nightmares. These memories.
♠ ♠ ♠
Memory

Italics = a memory :)