Status: Active!

Haunted Memories

A Mission with Erza

“Why don’t you just go on an S-Class mission by yourself? It’s not like you aren’t capable!” Cana yelled, thumping a large wooden barrel that had but minutes ago been filled with beer onto the table she was sitting cross legged on.

“I would but I get so lonely!” Kimi whined half-heartedly, looking over at the younger brown haired alcoholic and sighing. Anyway there was no way she was going to admit that Laxus had told her she wasn't allowed to go on a mission by herself.

“I bet you have to wait to get permission from Laxus, huh? Either that or he treats you like you’re incompetent although maybe that’s the way Kimi swings, being dominated ruthlessly.” Cana’s face is flushed from the amount of alcohol she’d been drinking and she gives you a sly look while smirking.

“That’s stupid! I don’t need anyone’s permission and I most certainly don’t “swing” like that,” Kimi yelled, standing up and slamming her fists into the table they were sitting at, however Kimi's face was bright red with embarrassment which didn't help her defence in anyway.

“Good, then you can come on a mission with me.” Someone familiar interrupted Kimi from starting a verbal argument with the drunk mage and she turned and raised her eyebrow at the red-headed fellow S-class mage; Erza Scarlet.

“Since when do you need help with a mission?” Kimi questioned, giving her a worried look.

“It’s nothing I can’t handle but-”

“Aww, Erza wants some quality time with Kimi!” A giggle cut Erza off and all of the girls look over at Mirajane, Fairy Tail’s number one model for the popular Sorcerer Magazine and an employee of the guild. Mirajane had long white hair that curled slightly at the ends and she had her fringe always tied up in a small pony tail. Kimi realized what Mirajane had implied and blushed lightly.

“Hmm,” Kimi pretended to think but already knew the answer. “Alright, I’ll go pack, come on Erza you can let me know the details on the way!” She exclaimed, grabbing her armoured hand and dragging her out the double doors before she ended up continuing getting teased by Cana. Don’t get her wrong Kimi loved Cana like a sister but sometimes her excessive drinking was tiresome to deal with, so Kimi was grateful that Erza saved her from trying to knock some sense into the girl.

When Erza and Kimi are safely away from the guild and almost near Kimi's house she turned to her and gave her a thoughtful look.

“What?” Kimi asked, beginning to feel self-conscious.

“It’s been a while since you’ve used your magic, the last time I got a good look at your strength was when we fought at the S-class exams.” Erza sounded somewhat disappointed but Kimi could hear the admiration in her voice. Kimi became serious, glancing up at the blue sky as both girls walked across the bridge Kimi had fallen off of a long time ago.

“When I used to lose control of my magic and accidentally hurt someone or destroy the guild, everyone would laugh it off and I’d laugh along with them but,” Kimi paused, feeling sad and angry at herself. Kimi believed that because of her lack of control, it was her strongest weakness and she despised being weak, even though it’s unavoidable to have some kind of weakness. However she has many. Erza and only a few other people remember Kimi's true power, the others in her guild having forgotten over time thinking she's lost her power and that the only reason she gets by is because Laxus looks after her. They believed when Laxus and Kimi go on missions that Kimi would stand behind him and look pretty to distract the opponents. Kimi huffed, clenching her fists in frustration at the thought.

“That’s right, I remember how sad you’d look, then one day you went away with Master Makarov and Levy, you were all gone for quite a while it felt like. But when you came back, you were so much happier and I was glad,” Erza states and Kimi looked at her and smiled softly.

No more words were needed to be exchanged as the girls got to Kimi's. Entering, Kimi hastened to pack her gear.

“So what’s the mission anyway?” She asked Erza.

“Monsters are terrorizing a local village,” Erza informed and Kimi finished stuffing the last of her clothes into her backpack.

“Alright, let’s go! How many suitcases did you pack this time?” Kimi teased, even though Erza had the magic to requip her armour and clothing she still had a weird quirk where she had to lug around a massive cart filled with luggage. No one knew what exactly was in all her bags but Kimi had a sneaky suspicion that it was food, even though she was too polite to actually ask her.

When they had gotten Kimi's things together they were ready to go. Kimi with her medium sized backpack and Erza with her massive cart of luggage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh I worked so hard on this chapter, please let me know if there are any grammar mistakes, I tried really hard to not have any but I may have missed some.

What you may need to know =

S-Class Mages - Are elite members of a guild, and usually number among the most powerful individuals in the guild itself.

Edit: 17/05/15.