Status: Active!

Haunted Memories

One Sentence

When we step inside the guild I note that everyone but Mirajane looks petrified. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at their reaction because this happens every single time Erza returns from a mission.

“What big babies,” I mutter under my breath as Erza drops the horn with a loud thud. As Erza goes to step forward almost everyone's response is to take a step back. I heave a sigh and shake my head in disbelief.

“We have returned, where is Master Makarov?” Erza announced with a booming voice.

I examined the hall but couldn't see our elder, minuscule leader anywhere however I spot an unfamiliar face among Natsu; our fire dragon slayer and Gray; a mage with Ice Make Magic. The unfamiliar girl had blonde hair, brown eyes and a beautiful face.

'It looks like Fairy Tail has a new recruit,' I observed.

"Welcome back guys, the Master’s at a conference right now," Mira explained with a glowing smile.

"I see," Erza replies, brooding.

Her eyes slide over to me and our eyes connect. I nod my head understanding that she’s confirming if she should just go investigate immediately. I turn away from her and stared at the second floor balcony. Laxus wasn’t in sight so I assumed he was keeping his usual distance.

I zone back in and snicker when I realize Erza’s having a go at everyone for tainting Fairy Tail’s name. Natsu and Gray are her current targets and they’re so terrified that the usually spiteful rivals are telling her they’re best friends and hugging each other.

"Erza’s wrath," I comment in an undertone before heading toward the stairs. As I pass through the crowd I give a small wave to Natsu and Gray as they recovered from being growled at.

As soon as I reach the second floor I spot Laxus slumped in a carefree manner on an arm chair. Freed; the long green haired young Laxus admirer, Bixlow; creepy as hell and Evergreen; self-proclaimed as Erza’s rival for the title of Fairy Queen are seated opposite him on a three person couch, a coffee table positioned in the middle.

I inwardly debate on whether or not I bother to mention that only S-class wizards are allowed up here but decide it’s pointless because they’d only get defensive and start a futile fight.

"So you ended up going on a mission." Laxus' husky voice gains my attention.

"Mm." I bob my head up and down but don't go into detail, he could always ask later but I knew he didn't care. I was back, safe and sound and that's all that he'd care about.

To this day, no one knows why Laxus stopped bullying me for good and picking on others less. One day he was calling me pathetic and the next day he was beating Natsu up for knocking me over when Natsu was fighting Gray. It's kind of funny when you think about it, everyone's still so confused but they're used to seeing us together almost all the time now.

No one knows that all it took was one sentence to make him stop bullying me. One sentence from an unusually toneless me.
Image

"Suffering, it never ends, it's a constant cycle because there's always someone making others suffer, Laxus… you are my someone."
♠ ♠ ♠
How was that?

Remember that what is in italics means it's a memory! :)