Status: Active!

Haunted Memories

Kei?

"Nii-san, nii-san?!" A petite girl was chasing after her older brother as he held up a football so she couldn't reach it.

Her older brother let out an elated chortle, teasing the younger girl further by calling her silly names.

"Ryu, stop being mean to me!" The diminutive voice of the girl whimpered, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Oi, stop being such a big baby!" Her older brother glowered.

"I'm not a big baby!" She cried, outraged. Loose debris that had been lying at the young boy's feet shook like there was a small tumour deep underground. The young boy watched in horror as the debris around him started to slowly and effortlessly lift up into the air.

"O-okay Mitsu, you can have the ball back now. I was just kidding around,” The boy cried out, wild with fear as his eyes stared in disbelief before he felt a feeling of weightlessness overcome his body. He let out a petrified yelp when he lost his balance but he doesn’t fall to the ground, instead he lifts up and is left floating like a helium balloon, slowly gaining altitude until he was at a dangerous height.

“You’re a monster!” Ryu screamed.

Image

I awoke, tired and grumpy. My body sweating from the night terrors, I got up and went through my morning routine with a melancholy aura. When I was done I locked my front door, deciding to have breakfast at the guild.

A few hours later I still wasn’t at the guild and I stopped knowing exactly why.

“Dammit, I’m completely lost!” I yelled out in frustration, throwing my hands up in defeat. My stomach rumbles in protest and I sigh heavily.

A laugh broke my sullen thoughts and I turn around to a familiar face.

“Kei? You’re back?” I immediately brighten at the sight of my long-time friend and approach him, giving him a hug.

Kei was tall, had shaggy dark brown hair with matching dark eyes. He had a carefree attitude and was almost always happy.

He had come to Fairy Tail years after me, as a wondering 12 year old boy. Most of us had come to the guild as wondering children but Kei was different. He had chosen to leave his village and go exploring by himself. He had ended up here in Magnolia and 10 years later was still here.

“I’m heading to the guild myself; I’ll help you get there,” Kei smiled at me.

“Thank you very much!” I exclaim, following after the tall male.
♠ ♠ ♠
Expect more chapters out soon :)