The Fast Times

Fifty Two

Pete quickly got up, but not before checking his knee that scraped on the street. He was filled with rage, but wouldn't snap at Crystal, he was afraid he would hit her. Crystal, she climbed out of the car, beginning to apologize.

"I'm so sorry! I'm sorry! I-I-I didn't mean to do that! Pete, lemme help you!" She ran to him, leaving the keys in her car.

Pete pushed her away, as gently as his rage would allow. He glared at her, his eyes piercing at her; she could feel the anger in her bones. Crystal pouted at him, opening her mouth to apologize again, but Pete walked away before she could.

"Wait!" She called, rushing to catch up to him, "Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?!" Pete exclaimed, causing her to jump. "Didn't you just hit me with your fucking car?!"

"I said sorry!" She shouted, but quickly cooled, "I'm sorry, I just wanna tell you why I--"

"Save it," Pete muttered, grabbing a new cigarette, "I don't wanna be with you, especially if you just start seeing someone else the second I'm gone."

"It wasn't a date, we were studying!" It was a lie, but the way Crystal stammered made it slightly believable.

"Either way," Pete began, "it's over, I don't wanna be with you. I was calling to break up with you."

Crystal stopped dead in her tracks, her jaw slacking, "What?"

"I don't want to be with you," Pete muttered shortly.

Crystal's initial shock flipped, she was angry now, "Why? For that bitch Nancy?!"

"Yeah," Pete stopped and turned to face her, "yeah, because of that bitch Nancy," he said calmly.

Crystal felt hurt and wanted to hurt him back, "I fucked him."

Pete smirked, "I ate her out."

Crystal's eyes widened, which satisfied Pete; he turned and continued on to his hotel room.


After moving things all afternoon, Nancy was exhausted and ready to fall into bed and sleep. Holliday was already there, having spent the entire day playing and showing everyone her bedroom. She hadn't had a bed yet, so for one more night she and Nancy would share a bed...for the last time.

As she proceeded to her, and Pete's, room; she took her jeans and bra off, leaving herself in underwear and a t-shirt. Crawling into bed with Holliday, she was ready to drift off when the phone rang. She had totally forgotten it was set up already, and rolled over to get it before the ringing woke Holliday.

"Hello?" Nancy spoke quietly.

"Mom gave me the number to the new place. How is it?"

"It's nice," she yawned softly, "quiet too. Holly's asleep, if you wanted to talk to her."

"I got caught up eating," he mumbled to himself, which was a lie.

Pete had gotten some pain killers and was currently high. He had a slight pain where Crystal had hit him.

"It's okay, she was pooped out before dinner anyway. How are you?"

"I'm tired," he exhaled, "I bet you are too."

"Yep. Everything is in the house officially, all that's left is picking out a bed for Holly tomorrow, and then getting your stuff."

"The movers should be there tomorrow," he said while rubbing his eyes. "I'm gonna let you go so you can sleep, okay?"

Nancy smiled, "Okay. Sleep well, Pete."

He chuckled, "Will do. Night."

"Goodnight."

After hanging up, Nancy rolled over and wrapped her arms around Holliday, falling asleep rather quickly. All her dreams were filled of Pete and Holliday, and the future they were building. It made waking up better than before; she had no worries or doubts.

In the morning, Holliday woke her up to have breakfast. To her surprise, Andy and Rae were in the kitchen making vegan sausage and chocolate chip pancakes.

"Who let you in?" Nancy kidded as she sat at the table.

"I have the key," Rae states proudly, "I wanted to surprise you guys! You look tired, have a seat."

"Thanks," Nancy murmured, "I don't have to work tonight, you guys busy?"

"Nah," Andy answered, "we're gonna be bored too. We can have dinner."

Nancy smiled, "Awesome. Thanks, ya'know, for helping me move."

"No need to thank me," Andy picked up Holliday, setting her in his lap, "I'm always happy to help. Ain't that right, Smelly Melly?"

"Right, Andy Pandy!" Holliday giggled.

"What did you call me?" Andy asked in a joking scolding tone.

"Andy Pandy!" Holliday repeated.

"You're gonna get it!" Andy proceeded to tickle Holliday, causing her to laugh and wiggle in his lap.

Nancy smiled, shaking her head at the two playing and giggling. She then helped Rae serve the food and set it on the table, getting milk and orange juice.

Rae tapped Andy on his head, "Hey, time to eat, no more foolin' around."

Andy pouted, "You're no fun."

Holliday giggled, "Not-uh, Rae is lotsa fun!"

"I sure am," Rae agreed. "It's just time to eat, now c'mon."

Everyone settled at the table, eating and talking. Andy was making Holliday laugh and squeal, so much so that she could barely eat, causing Rae to scold him. Nancy ate and left them to joke around; she wanted Holliday to have as much fun as she could with Andy and Rae before they would be nearly an hour away.

After eating, Andy took Holliday to brush her teeth and to get ready for the day. Dale and Peter offered to take Holliday out while Nancy, Rae, and Andy finished moving the last of Nancy's things, and getting Holliday's bed. Rae and Nancy both talked, over coffee, about their plans for the day, until Dale and Peter both arrived.

Nancy let them in, "This is it. How do you like it?"

"It's nice," Dale admired, "it'll look even better when you got all your pictures up."

"Yeah, that'll all be done by the time you guys being Holly back. I hope it won't be too much for you guys."

Peter chuckled, "Holly is a handful, but it's definitely something we can handle, Nancy, don't worry."

"I hope so," Nancy smiled, then turned and called for Holliday, "Baby Doll, grandma and grandpa are here!"

Holliday came rushing from her bedroom with Andy following behind. She ran to Peter, hugging his waist, "Hi gran'pa!"

Peter picked her up, "Hey sweetheart! You ready to go?"

"Yes!" She exclaimed, nodding her head.

Nancy went over and kissed her cheek, "Have fun and be good, we'll see ya tonight, okay?"

"'Kay," Holliday waved, "bye-bye aun'ie Rae and uncle Andy."

Andy and Rae said their goodbyes as Peter and Dale headed out with Holliday. Nancy exhaled softly, "Now that she's gone for awhile, I'll get dressed and we'll get her bed."


Pete was high and sore, but the soreness was going away. He had gotten in contact with a friend of his who brought over a few Ativan and some pain killers. Pete was getting high because he had nothing better to do; he was in some pain, and more than anything, he missed his daughter.

After eating fast food, he layed in his hotel bed and decided to call Nancy so he'd have someone to talk to. She, along with Holliday, were constantly on his mind. He put his cellphone to his ear and listened to it ring until he heard a squeaky little voice he'd been dying to hear, "Hello?"

Pete grinned, "Hey baby girl, it's me."

Holliday jumped up from sitting on the couch where she had the cordless, "Hiya daddy! Whatcha doin'?"

His heart melted at her sweet little voice, "Nothing, baby...I'm bored and I miss you and mommy."

"We miss ya too!" She informed him. "But guess what!"

"What?" He asked, shifting in the bed.

"I has my own bed now! Mommy gots me pink blankeys and pillows. My teddy bears c'n sleep wit' me too, mommy says so. It's so pretty, daddy, you hasta see it, okay?"

Pete laughed, "No doubt, Holly. What else is in your room?"

He listened to his little girl tell him all about her bedroom, of the stars on the ceiling, the pink lamp and pink dresser with her favorite things. Holliday said it would be a surprise when he came home to see the drawings she put up. She went on to tell him she spent the day with his parents and then watched Ghostbusters with Patrick just under an hour ago.

"Where's mommy?" Pete finally asked.

"She's cleanin'," Holliday answered, "wanna talk ta 'er?"

"Sure, baby, go give mommy the phone."

Holliday hopped off the couch and went to the kitchen where Nancy was washing and putting away dishes. Holliday skipped in and hummed, "Mama, daddy's on da phone."

Nancy turned and took the phone from Holliday's out stretched hand, "Thanks, babe. Yeah?"

"Hey Cy, how's everything?"

"Everything is good, how about you?" Nancy could hear the slur in his tone, she was concerned, but chose not to address it.

"I'm good...nothing important," he mumbled. "I got a uh, meeting with the counselors ta'morrow."

"And then you're coming home," Nancy added softly.

"Yeah, I can't fuckin' wait...I miss Holly."

"She misses you too," she said, glancing up to see Holliday dancing around to her own humming.

Pete exhaled, "Can I talk to 'er 'fore I fall asleep?"

"Of course Pete," Nancy murmured. "Holl, daddy wants you."

Holliday stopped dancing and hurried over, taking the phone, "Daddy."

Nancy chuckled to herself as Holliday went off, talking to Pete. She stopped smiling once she thought about him possibly being drunk or high. She worried then, if this was a problem, or if he was just letting loose; either way, it didn't sit right with Nancy.

Still, she continued to clean, and then returned to the living room where Holliday was saying goodnight to Pete. She yawned softly, "Night-night, daddy...I love you too...okay," she looked to Nancy, handing the phone over, "daddy wants ta say g'night."

Nancy smiled, sat and took the phone, "Pete?"

"I'm gonna sleep now, Cy, just wanted to tell ya I love you."

"I love you too, sleep well."

"I'll try. Sweet dreams."

She giggled, "Thanks, love. Goodnight."

Pete yawned, "'Night."

Nancy hung up the phone, setting it on it's charger before pulling Holliday into her lap, "We need to get into our jammie's, baby."

"Not yet," Holliday looked up at her, "one more cartoon, please?"

Nancy agreed, nodding slowly, "One more, then it's off to your new bed."

Holliday grinned and nuzzled into her mommy's lap, watching another episode of a Bugs Bunny cartoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think there may be about 3 chapters left, I'm not sure yet, but I have an idea of how I'm going to end this.
Thanks for reading guys :)

xxsanti