Status: WIP

There She Goes

2

After I wallowed in my little pity party, I shut off the water. I reached for a towel and dried off. I wrapped it around me then padded back into my room.

I got dressed then slipped on some boot socks. I walked back to the bathroom. I washed my face then applied tinted moisturizer. I brushed my teeth. A quick swipe of maroon tinted lip balm and I was ready for a night out on the town.

I selected my black knee high boots from my closet. I put them on then carefully zipped them up. I let my hair down. Running a hand through, I opted for a tousled look.

I pinched my cheeks for a natural rosy color. I grabbed my iPhone, my wallet, and my backup charger placing them in pockets. I grabbed my keys.

Tonight was definitely a pub night. My latest addiction: fish-n-chips and a pint of Murphy's. I know, I know. Absolutely touristy thing to do. Bite me.

I'm out the door, locking it in the process. I take the elevator down. Charles waits for me at the door. "Call a black car for you Miss. Anywhere you want to go," he said.

I smiled. "Thanks Charles. See you tomorrow morning," I say sweetly. He tips his hat. The driver of the car is waiting for me at the right passenger door.

"Miss Langley how are you this evening?" he asks as I slide in. "I could be better..." He chuckles. "Rodger, Miss," he finishes.

I smiled, "I could be better Rodger. Maybe a night out shall do the trick." He nods as he closes the door.

Once he is in, we're off. "Where to Miss?" he asks looking in the rear view mirror. I mull it over before saying, "The Mitre sounds good."

He nods again. We are silent the rest of the night. When we arrive, I thank him. I pay him a fifty note.

"I don't know how late I'll be tonight. I'll call a cab afterwards," I say. "Thank you Miss. Enjoy your night," he says before leaving.

I walk in, flashing my id on the way in. I head to the bar. "Austin," says a male voice. I turn to see Hale.

"Hale, how are you?" I ask. He grins like the Cheshire Cat. "I should be asking you that. How was auditions? You knock 'em dead?"

I smile at his attempt at American phrases. "Absolute shit, Hale. I'm not what they are looking for. So I spent two hours in a bookshop."

He grabs me a Murphy's. He rids the bottle of its lid then pours it into a frosty mug. "I'll get Monte started on your order," he says with a wink.

I sit down at a two top table. I have a nice view of the telly. Manchester United vs Madrid. It's going to be a great and loud night.

A few patrons stop by to ask me questions. Tourists. After living here for six months, I knew where practically everything was.

They went on their way. Katie delivered my food. "Sorry about your auditions Aus. It's their loss not yours. You'll go places without them," she said her Cardiff accent evident.

She's lived her eight months now. Moved closer to her mum. One of a few friends I have. "Thanks Katie-girl. And yeah it is theirs. I need to find me an agent or something to help me find auditions and the likes."

I dig in happily as I watch the game. Madrid scores this one making them ahead of Manchester United. "Bollocks," I mutter.

Katie brings me another pint. I wave my thanks. Two tables from me sit two men. One an auburn curly haired, bearded man. The other brown-blonde short haired man.

The short haired man glanced in my direction. I briefly glanced in his direction but focused on the game at hand. He did a double take.

His dining buddy looked at him. "What is it Luke?" he asked. Luke shook his head. "I thought I saw someone familiar," he says.

They go back to talking. I get up to use the loo. I pass their table on the way. Luke gets a real good look at me without being too obvious. I shrug it off.

On my way back to my table he stops me. "I'm sorry but I couldn't help but notice. You're Austin Langley are you not?"

I sigh as I put a smile on. "I am. And if you don't mind, keep your mouth shut and let me be," I say through gritted teeth. He does the weirdest thing.

"I can I get a picture with you?" I fight the urge to roll my eyes. "Sure," I say. The curly haired guy looks from me to his friend.

He shrugs then gets out his cell phone. He takes a picture. I fake a smile that looks real. Eight years of acting.

When it's over I'm about to leave.

"Do you have a publicist?" he asks.

I freeze. I'm not really in the mood to be discussing this. Curly sees this. "Luke, maybe you should let her go. She looks quite upset about all this acknowledgement."

I look at him, my eyes pleading for his help. Luke looks at him. "But she's Austin Langley. America's Sweetheart!"

Oh boy. I haven't been called that since I was eight years old. Fifteen years ago. This has Curly piqued with interest.