Status: This is part 1 of a 3 part series. Hoping to have it picked up and turned into a film.

The Key

INt. hOME - MORNING

INt. hOME - MORNING

(Shaun is 18)

Shaun is in grade 12.

Shaun wakes up out of his bed breathing hard and sweating.

He looks at his door and then checks the time.

Shaun walks to the window and see's snow on the ground. Shaun bows his head and begins to pray.

Shaun then leaves the window to get ready for school.

int. High school - day

Shaun closes the door to his locker in High school.

Shauns best friend Kevin is with him.

KEVIN

Not that many days left and we're outta here! ....what?

Shaun is looking displeased with Kevin.

Shaun

A scholarship offered from one of the most highly accredited physics universities in the world; invites you to study space and technology and you say sorry I'm taking a year off to prepare for what the universe has yet to offer!? Are you kidding me?

KEVIN

Hey, every man should take the time to prepare for destiny! What can I say?

Shaun

You should've said yes.

Shaun sees Liela up ahead.

Liela is in grade 12.

Liela is talking to their friend named Samantha.

Samantha is in grade 12.

Liela excuses herself from Samantha to talk to Shaun.

KEVIN

If you'll excuse me Shaun.

Kevin goes to talk to Samantha.

Shaun stops to talk to Liela.

SHAUN

Hows it going Liela?

Liela

It's going wonderfully Mr. Paschar. Care to guess why?

SHAUN

Hmmm.. nope.. can't think of a single reason ma'm.

Liela

Well..the story goes..two teens share a dream about going to a certain college and they both get accepted.

Shaun shows a sign of joy and shock.

The bell rings.

Shaun

Liela I can't believe it! That's awesome news!

Liela

Why thank you Mr. Paschar. You're gonna need someone there to make sure you stay on the right track!

Kevin and Samantha walk over to Liela and Shaun.

SAMANTHA

(interrupts)

(smiling/ wave)

Hey Shaun.

SHAUN

(smiling)

Hey Samantha.

SAMANTHA

We better get going you..

Samantha playfully grabs Liela's arm and walks off.

Liela

(while being pulled/ giggling)

I'll see you later Shaun!

Shaun and Kevin head to class.

ext. The man in White: school - afternoon

The bell rings and the school day is over.

Shaun and Kevin have left the school building.

Shaun has his sketchbook in his hands and is walking beside Kevin.

Kevin has his head down and is looking at a magazine.

Kevin is talking about aliens.

Kids are looking at their devices in shock. Some have their hands over their mouths.

Some kids are stopped by their friends and asked to look at a device. They soon react in awe and are seen asking if its real.

Shaun turns around to see a teacher running out of the school in fear.

Kevin

(while looking at the magazine)

I'm just saying, if aliens were on this planet they'd have to be in disguise. People would rather dissect them than receive their help and technology anyway.

Shaun continues to look around.

KEVIN

(hops in front of Shaun and begins walking backwards)

Think about it. How many alien films has our lovely planet earth made about selfless aliens?

SHAUN

It's always got to be about aliens with you Kev. (Shaun shuffles his bag)

Kevin

I'd say earth has something that no other planet has. Or maybe-

Shaun

(Sarcastic)

Or maybe they just want to put us all out of our misery? Hey.. do you know what's going on?

Kevin looks up from his magazine.

A lot of people have begun to react either extremely sad or extremely happy.

Shaun and Kevin stop walking and are looking around.

KEVIN

(very confused)

Ooooo-K?

SAMANTHA

(interrupts Kevin)

Hey Shaun!

Shaun and Kevin look over to see Samantha.

SHAUN

Hey Samantha.

Kevin

Yo Sam-ay!

SAMANTHA

Hello to you too Kev.

Samantha becomes a bit shy with Kevin.

SHAUN

Do you know whats going on out here?

SAMANTHA

(surprised)

You mean you haven't heard?

Shaun shakes his head no. Kevin shrugs.

SAMANTHA

(shocked)

Seriously..you both haven't heard about the return of the Messiah? The whole city is going crazy. Even Liela had to take off after she got a call from her Dad. He's really here!

Shaun and Kevin look at each other then back at Samantha.

SAMANTHA

That's right...you don't watch t.v unless it's God's Visonaries TV and the other one is too busy watching stars from a pipe with glass. Honestly you two..

Samantha rolls her eyes as she pulls out a device from her bag.

She turns on the internet to a video viewing the network.

Shaun and Kevin get closer to see.

Kevin gets even closer to Samantha.

Samantha stops and looks at Kevin with a smile.

Samantha nudges Kevin playfully then turns back to the device.

SAMANTHA

Alright..Here it is. It's all over the news but here's the original vid. "Prophetess Zooshada Reveals Christ"

The 3 friends begin to watch the video.

Prophetess Zooshada

And my brothers and sisters...This is a time of great celebration. (congregation cheers) We have among us...a very special guest...the return.... of our loving God's son! (gasps and murmurings are made in the congregation). Please..step forward.....step forward my king.

A man in white steps on stage.

Shaun's eyes widen. That is the same man from his dreams.

The congregation is hardly clapping.

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Forgive them my king for their disbelief. These are strange times and troublesome hearts that have suffered a million years worth of tears and sorrow. Be merciful oh Lord and show us the way, we beg of you.

The crowd begins to murmur more. The man in white raises his hands to the congregation and they become silent.

THE MAN IN WHITE

You have pleased me and my father who watches with great pleasure. To esteem my hearts joy upon you I ask that you tell me what ails you.

KEVIN

You'd think if he were the messiah he'd be speaking Hebrew right? Because..

SAMANTHA

(interrupting/whispering)

No one knows what language he'd speak on his return...You could have assumed anything..now shh!

PROPHETESS ZOOSHADA

Oh my king.. I have had back pains for years. My sight is fleeting. I grow old and therefore my mind is fragile. The cancer in my body grows stronger and though I pray my Lord...I pray for others more than I do myself!

The crowd is in shock at this announcement.

THE MAN IN WHITE

Very well then.

The man in white steps forward and places his hands on Prophetess Zooshadas head. He closes his eyes.

THE MAN IN WHITE

Father hear my cry. Open to me your virtuous claim over this poor woman's soul. Depart from this woman all sickness and destroying elements..(shouting/ eyes open) FOR THE SON OF MAN HAS RETURNED!

A large gust of wind blows on stage and light shines brightly from his hand onto Prophetess Zooshadas forehead.

The man in whites eyes have turned pitch white.

Prophetess Zooshada then begins to scream and the congregation follows.

Shaun looks very concentrated on the video.

Kevin is stunned.

Samantha wipes away a tear.

The camera goes back to the video.

The man in white still has his hand on Prophetess Zooshada.

Prophetess Zooshada is no longer old. She is young..and vibrant.

It is quiet in the church until the man in white releases his hand from Prophetess Zooshadas forehead.

The congregation goes wild in celebration.

That is when Shaun notices.. He raises his head and sees the celebrating going on in his city.

People are chanting.. "The messiah has returned".

SAMANTHA

This is amazing! Oh my God! Oops? Should I even say that anymore!? (laughs and walks off)

Shaun and Kevin begin to walk after her..

Shaun's phone rings. Mrs. Paschar is calling.

SHAUN

Hello?

MRS. PASCHAR

Where are you Shaun?

SHAUN

I'm at school..is everything alright?

MRS. PASCHAR

Are you alright Shaun!? Is everything OK?

SHAUN

Yeah, yeah mom. Everything's fine. What's going on?

MRS. PASCHAR

Have you heard the news about this Messiah?

SHAUN

Yeah, Samantha just shown me the video.

MRS. PASCHAR

Samantha? Listen Shaun. I want you to stay in front of the school. I'm calling your father to pick you up right now.

SHAUN

But mom..I'm fine..I'll just-

MRS. PASCHAR

No buts Shaun! Now you stay put until your father gets there, is that clear?

SHAUN

Yeah mom....OK....love you too...bye.

KEVIN

Well, What do you think Shaun?

GARY

I think it's about God damn time.

Gary is a thug now and he is hanging with Marcus.

Gary spots Vincent on the sidewalk.

GARY

A-Yo Vinny! Long time no see huh bro?

Vinny is not a thug but walks over.

Vinny has cleaned up his act.

Vinny gives Gary a shake.

VINCENT

How's it goin' Gary?

GARY

You know..doing the do..making money. I was actually gonna hook you up too once this deal goes straight for us.. you down?

VINCENT

Nah.. I can't. My old man still mentions boot camp.

GARY

Yeah.. boot camp.

Gary looks over at Shaun and Kevin. Gary walks past Samantha and steps towards them.

GARY

How's been boys. You miss ol' Gary or what?

SHAUN

Hi Gary.

Kevin swallows and stays silent.

Marcus talks from inside the car.

MARCUS

What you got over there, some friends of yours?

gary

Yeah...some old friends.

Gary stares at Shaun.

GARY

You know this Messiah thing is blowin' up all over the city. We should celebrate..I mean.. you always were into that bible thing right Shaun?

Shaun doesn't say a word.

GARY

Come on Shawn..lets forget about the past...It'll be fun...what do you say Sammy?

Gary turns to Samantha.

GARY

Care to do some celebrating?

Samantha

I..

KEVIN

She's fine Gary!

GARY

Come on Kevin..Let's not get hasty..I don't think a principal will save the day..

Gary taps the side of his waist as he speaks indicating he has a gun.

SAMANTHA

OK! I'll go!..I'll go..

KEVIN

Samantha!

GARY

Alright Sammy! Lets do the damn thing!

GARY

And what about you Vinny..you down?

VINCENT

S-sorry man.. I got to get home. My family wants to watch the exclusive meeting on the Messiah tonight.

Vincent and Gary say their goodbyes.

Gary heads to the car with Samantha and the rest of the thugs.

Shaun looks at Samantha who has taken a seat in the car. A guy beside her begins to flirt.

SHAUN

Hold on Gary..I'll go too.

GARY

Glad to see you changed your mind..

Shaun and Kevin walk to the car. Shaun gets in the car first leaving Gary and Kevin outside.

Gary turns to Kevin.

GARY

Sorry bro. No more room..

Kevin

But you just invited Vinny and..

GARY

Sorry bro. (Gary gently shoves Kevin out of the way.)

MARCUS

Don't worry..We'll be taking good care of your friends...

Kevin stares at Marcus and Marcus stares at Kevin.

MARCUS

(to the driver)

Let's go.

The car drives off. Kevin is left alone watching.

Kevin

(under his breath)

This can't be good...