Status: First GA story...Incomplete

Our Ghost Adventures

Ireland

***Zak’s POV***

Everything around me was picture perfect. I was dressed in a black tuxedo and I saw my beautiful bride walking down the isle in a pure white gown. Her hair was back to its normal brown color-rather the brown that she kept it dyed. She gave me the shiest and most beautiful of smiles as she walked down the isle accompanied by an older man with white hair that I’d never seen before. At my side was Nick and beside him was Aaron. Where Adrina would stand, there were four women, which I’d seen but I didn’t know their names. It was so perfect.

“You’re fiancée will die, so will your daughter,” I heard a voice whisper in my ear. I whipped around to see nothing but a shadow man standing there. I felt something hit my head with incredible force and when I turned back to Adrina in her beautiful white dress, I was horrified. She stood with a gaping, bleeding, hold in the middle of her stomach. Her face was pale and looked like it had begun to decay…I ran to her.

“Zak…” her voice was pleading and helpless. “This is your fault…All your fault…”

***Adrina’s POV***

Zak was sweating up a storm on the seat and on me. His head was resting on my shoulder, I wasn’t going to say anything to him, and let him sleep, but I felt moisture drip onto my shoulder. He was crying…He was actually crying in his sleep. I shook his arm quickly and his head shot up.

“Adri,” he said, taking my face in his hands. “Are you hurt, are you okay?” he dropped one hand to my stomach and as he felt whatever he was searching for, he let out a sigh of relief. “It was just a dream.”

“What happened, honey? Why are you spazing out on me?” I asked.

He shook his head, and rose from the airplane seat. I saw him disappear into the bathroom. I sighed and got up, I couldn’t have him freaking out on his own.

“Zak, sweetheart, what’s the matter?” I asked, knocking on the door. No response. I noticed that he hadn’t locked the door so I opened it and walked in. “Baby,” I said, touching his face as he sat on the sink. His hair was a mess and he physically looked so tired. “Zak…”

“Adri, I’m okay.”

“Really? You don’t seem like it…” I said, rested my hands on his thighs. “You wanna talk about it?” I pushed his black hair from his face, only to bring it back sweat covered. “Honey…Talk to me,” I pleaded.

“I can’t loose you, Adri, I can’t,” he said. I was shocked to see tears welling up in his blue eyes. He was so strong and he was always the one to be my security blanket.

“You’re not going to lose me…C’mon tell me what happened?” He pulled me into his arms and rested his head on my shoulder. I ran my fingers through his sweaty hair.

“You died…and you blamed me…You told me that it was all my fault…”

“Honey, you don’t need to worry about that,” I said. “I don’t plan on dying any time soon, okay?”

“You can’t plan that…”

“I know that, but it’s not going to happen, alright? C’mon, people are going to think we’re joining the mile high club in here.” To my surprise, Zak pulled back and smiled a little bit, causing me to smile too.

“Y’know, we could…” he picked up my left hand and kissed each and every knuckle.

“No,” I said. “We need to get back out there…Besides, we’ll be landing soon.”

***

We arrived in Dublin around 2pm, their time, and then we made the four hour dive to Carlin and Daren’s town, that I could never remember the name of. Zak had opted to drive the whole way there, and I just gave him directions to the nearby hospital. “Can I see your phone I asked?” I asked. I really hated not having my own right now…I had to get a new one before we get back on the road for the show.

“’Course babe,” he parked and handed it over. I dialed Daren’s number and he picked up.

“Aye, Adrina, where ‘re ye, lass?” he asked.

“I’m parked outside the hospital. I have Zak with me, I hope that’s okay.”

“Aye, tis fine. C’mon up, she’s under McMurphy, o’course,” he said.

“See you in a few,” I hung it up and passed it back to Zak. He put it in his pocket and we both went into the hospital. The nurses directed us to Carlin’s room and we went in. Daren was sitting at her bedside. “Is she going to be okay?” I asked. Zak slipped an arm around me as we stood.

“M’not sure…Dey ‘rent sure either…”

“I’m sure she’ll be okay. She’s tough, Daren, she always have been,” I told him.

“I hope yer right, lass…I want ye te be…So bad…I can’t lose her.”

“I know you can’t, but you just have to think positive. Visiting hours are over very soon. Why don’t I take you home and cook you something, okay?” I offered, pulling out of Zak’s hold around my waist in favor of moving closer to my father figure. He looked up at me with his pale blue eyes, just as Aidan had. His hair was thinning and gray, but in another life, he was surely a handsome man.

“Okay, lass. I guess…” he sighed.

“C’mon,” I told him, assisting him to get up. “I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce you to my fiancée, Zak Bagans. Zak, this is Daren McMurphy.”

“It’s very nice to meet you sir,” Zak said.

“Aye,” Daren agreed.

“Too bad it’s not under better circumstances.”

“Ye said it,” Daren sighed again.

“Did you drive here, Daren?” I asked.

“No, no. I had me neighbor do it…Me car’s in de shop,” he replied.

“Okay, Zak will you take him out to the car? I’ve got something I need to do in here…”

“A’right, I’ll see you in a minute, honey,” Zak replied before heading out the door. I walked over to Carlin’s sleeping form and touched her hand gently.

“Carlin, you need to get better, Daren will grieve himself to death if something happens to you. I need you to get better and see my pretty ring. Zak proposed yesterday-which was Valentine’s Day for me. He’s such a cheese ball but I love him more than anything and he loves me.” Please get better,” I begged, taking her hand in mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
AN: This is probably the shortest chapter I’ve ever had for this story. Sorry, there just wasn’t a lot to do here. Kind of a waste of an update…Please comment :)

But, if I get two new comments before midnight (eastern time) I will post the next chapter :)