Status: First GA story...Incomplete

Our Ghost Adventures

Getting the Gang back Together

***Zak’s POV***

Ireland was a beautiful place. I didn’t get to see much of it yet, other than being on the road, but I could see why Adrina clearly loved the place so much. She would point out a landmark to me every now and then as we drove to Carlin and Daren’s house. Daren was in the backseat, taking a nap, so we had to keep our conversation quiet. “Despite the circumstances, I’m kind of glad to be back here, and that I could show you all of these amazing sights,” Adrina said with a small smile.

“Me too. I’m glad you can so me these things,” I replied honestly.

“Well hopefully Carlin gets better soon and we can go sightseeing.”

“I’d like that,” I said, patting her leg. “I love you so much, sweetheart,” I grabbed her hand and kissed the finger with the ring on it.

“I love you too,” she said, a light blush tenting her cheeks. I grinned, loving that I could make my fiancée blush. I loved that word too, fiancée.

“So…” I said, thinking about the show a little bit. “What around here is haunted…I mean if we end up being here longer than we expect, then we could just fly Nick, Aaron, and the cameras out here and investigate.”

“Um some of the old castles are supposed to be, but…Y’know, it’s funny you ask me that. Carlin and Daren’s house is one of the most haunted places you’ll ever visit. But none of it is bad. And I do think that most of the spirits are intelligent.”

“Oh man, I can’t wait to get there!” Zak exclaimed. “And we’re going to be staying in that house?”

“Yeah, it was built in 1675 and has been kept mostly the same since. There have been basic renovations since then, but nothing too big.” I was sure that she could see how excited I was from her seat on the driver side. “Y’know, I would notice on TV how excited and pumped you guys were before a lockdown and I didn’t quite understand it, but now…especially that I’ve seen it in person, I get it. You guys love what you do and it really shows…”

“I’m glad. I’m not a ‘celebrity’ I’m just some guy that gets paid to live out my dream, hell my destiny.” I never thought of myself as a famous person, people could see me that way, but I wasn’t. I was just some goofy guy that had a paranormal experience in Michigan and turned it into a career.

“Do you really think this was your destiny?”

“Yeah,” I said. “I also think that it was my destiny that you were in Vegas at that time…and that you were the only person we liked that had auditioned.”

“I was the only one?”

“Yes! As soon as you walked into that room-I swear to God, I thought to myself. Oh my God, this is the girl that’s joining us. I just knew that it would be you. And, it didn’t help that you were absolutely gorgeous.”

She scoffed. “That day I was having an awful hair day and everything. Although, my first thought-when you started talking was Oh my god, he’s even hotter in person.”

“You think I’m hot?”

“Well yeah,” she said like it was obvious. “Y’know just like the other girls in America…They all think you’re sexy…”

“Don’t forget the foreign countries too,” I winked. Truly I didn’t want everyone to think I was ‘hot’ or ‘attractive’ even. Like I had said, I was just a normal guy in an extraordinary circumstance.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that,” she said with a grin. “Brat,” she punched my arm playfully.

“I’m not a brat, you’re a brat,” I countered.

“Nope, only I can call you a brat.”

***Adrina’s POV***

It had been a few days. We’d been staying at Carlin and Daren’s house and we’d had a few paranormal experiences, no more than usual, but we had a few. Zak had been touched while we slept in the guest room, a plate had been pushed off the counter in the kitchen while I was preparing breakfast, and we’d both heard a woman screaming while we were in the shower. During the day, we spent time with Carlin at the hospital; she was progressively doing better, which was fantastic. I was so happy that she would get to come home soon.

“Dammit,” Zak cursed from the bathroom.

“What’s the matter, hon?” I asked, finishing with my hair in the bedroom mirror.

“I’m out of my hair gel,” he said, tossing the container down. “I couldn’t believe I was so stupid to leave it at home!”

As much as Zak liked it here and thought that it was beautiful he was having a rather trying time. They didn’t have anything that he was used to. Even their McDonalds was confusing. I knew that he had been to foreign countries before, but he’d never stayed for so long.

“Calm down baby, you can just wear a hat,” I told him, walking into the bathroom. “I’d say that they have some here, but I know you like a certain brand.”

“I do,” he sighed. “I’m sorry…It’s just I feel so out of my element here and I shouldn’t be freaking out on you.”

“It’s okay, I know you’re stressed. I shouldn’t have dragged you here.”

“You didn’t drag me here, babe, I signed myself up for this,” he kissed the top of my head and pulled me closer to him. “And I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

“I still feel bad!”

“Don’t. I love you too much to care, even if it was your fault-which it’s not. I’ll just wear a hat.”

“Thatta boy. So, do you want to do an investigation here?” I asked.

“We can?” he asked. I nodded.

“Yeah, I talked to Carlin yesterday and Daren the day before. They’d like some evidence of it…All we have to do is call in Nick, Aaron, and Billy and have them bring the cameras,” I said. “It’s not that hard.”

“Okay, yeah. We can do that.”

***

Nick, Aaron, and Billy were there two days later and ready to investigate. Of course, we had to do things a little differently with Carlin still in the hospital and Daren and I being the only witnesses in the area to the paranormal events.

“Adri,” Aaron said as we were getting ready to set up for the walk through.

“Hm?” I asked.

“Lemme see the ring,” he whispered, Nick and Billy didn’t know yet and they planned on telling them that evening. But, they’d know if they saw my finger anyway…So it was kind of pointless, but Zak had suggested it so I went along with it. Speaking of Zak, he had actually begged Aaron to bring him some of his hair gel from the house in Vegas.

“Okay,” I replied holding out my finger. He let out a low whistle as he examined it.

“Damn, he went all out! A ring like this-when I got married many moons ago-it was a good five grand, it’s probably doubled by now! Damn, damn, damn.”

“Price doesn’t matter, did you see the engraving? It’s engraved too,” I said. Zak hadn’t even pointed it out until a few days ago. I couldn’t believe I’d missed it!

“To my heart, my soul, and the love of my life, Adri,” he read out loud. “Aww! You two are so sickening!” Aaron exclaimed pulling out his phone. I assumed he was turning on his camera because next her said, “Aaron’s Vlog. I’m here with just Adri in IRELAND! We’re investigating her parent’s house.”

“In-laws,” I corrected. “They were my late husband’s parents.” Aaron, Nick, and Billy all knew most of the story about Aidan and I didn’t think that the viewers had pieced it together yet, but to hell with it.

“Right, right. And she has had numerous paranormal experiences here. But, more on that in the episode. We are here to talk about this!” Aaron grabbed my left hand and held up the ring finger. “I bed none of you can guess who gave this beautiful ring to her! And guess what, I’m not going to tell you either!”

“It was this guy named Lou,” I said sarcastically, while making a coco sign at Aaron.

“I am not!” he exclaimed.

“Yes you are!” I replied. “Aaron’s crazy, Aaron’s crazy!” I exclaimed running the opposite way.

“If you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a GAC member to chase down. Aaron’s Vlog out!” he shut off his phone and ran after me. I screamed and ran for Zak.

“Aaron’s gonna get me!” I exclaimed.

“Adri! Stop running!” he told me. I knew what his thought on that was. He didn’t want me stressing the baby. But I was aloud to exercise that wasn’t a problem.

“Fine, you catch me, Zak!” I had so much energy that I hadn’t had since before Christmas. Being pregnant made me so tired, I had to just roll with the punches, but today, I was pumped and I didn’t even have any caffeine.

Sure enough, he did, picked me up and carried me back to the van. He, on the other hand, wasn’t in the best mood. He’d woken up several times last night and had just had a crappy morning. Every stupid little thing that could have gone wrong for him had. He stepped in dog poop as he walked to the car this morning, he later learned that he got a spider bite on his calve (a really annoying one), and he had spilled his coffee on him not once, but twice. The universe had just been against him.

“Babe, just settle down,” he told her. “I really don’t want you to fall and break something to make this day even worse,” he said. “I don’t want to head back to the hospital.”

“Zak, I’m fine. You’re going to wrap our kid in bubble wrap, aren’t you?”

“No. Maybe. It depends on how much of a daredevil she is,” he replied.

“She? What makes you so sure it’s going to be a girl?” I asked him with a perplexed look. I expected him to want a boy, wasn’t that how all men were?” They wanted a little boy to ‘carry on the family name’?

“I just feel like it’s gonna be,” he said. “So baby just be careful, okay?”

“Alright,” I sighed.

“Good, now we’ve got a walkthrough to do!”