Status: First GA story...Incomplete

Our Ghost Adventures

The McMurphy House

“Why doesn’t Adri lead this episode since she knows the history of this place,” Nick suggested.

“That would be so cool! And the viewers would love that,” Aaron agreed.

“Only if you want to, Adri,” Zak told me. I was kind of shocked. I mean I hadn’t ever planned on leading an episode, that was Zak’s thing.

“Okay,” I agreed anyway. “I guess I can give it a shot…” I said. “Daren, you ready for your interview?”

“Aye lass, give me a second,” Daren replied. He walked in front of the camera in a bow tie.

“Tonight we are going to lead you through some of the paranormal actions at the McMurphy house in Ireland. This house is a place that I’ve had countless experiences. I had experiences as a child, but when I came here with my late husband, I just couldn’t get away from the paranormal; I fell in love with it. Next to me, is Daren McMurphy, my father-in-law.”

“Hello,” he said with a wave.

“Daren, can you tell me about some of your paranormal experiences here?”

“Aye, started when I was jus’ a wee lad. ‘Bout tree or four, me Ma and Da lived here, jus’ like most a de people in me family. Me ma always said dat I’d talk ‘bout a woman in white. She’d come an’ play with me…Well when I tripped down de stairs over ‘ere,” he pointed to the stair case, she stopped me from fallin’…I wouldn’t forget de feelin’ of ‘er cold arms ‘round me…protectin’ me…”

“Did you see this woman in whit again after that?” I asked him, knowing his answer.

“No. She never showed up ‘gain…Twas de funniest ting…”

“Have you had any other experiences in this place?”

“Aye, tons. Twould take up yer whole show te tell ye ‘bout dem, but Carlin always hears de sound of a tea kettle screamin’ te be taken off de stove.”

“Carlin is his wife,” I explained.

“Carlin is the woman that I asked you all to keep in your prayers on twitter,” Zak said behind the camera.

“You put a tweet up on twitter about this?” I asked. I still didn’t have my phone from the Seashell in.

“Yes,” he replied. “And hopefully you’re happy to hear that she will pull though.”

“An’ at night there’s always footsteps an’ all kinds a stuff. I’ve grown so used to ‘em I don’t even really notice it anymore…” Daren said, pulling us back to the lockdown.

“That’s something I always love to here,” Zak said. “That some place is so damn haunted that people don’t even realize that it’s happening.”

“Lads, an’ lass, I need te be getting’ back te de hospital,” Daren said, looking at his pocket watch.

“Alright, bye Daren,” I said hugging him.

“Take it easy man,” Zak said giving him a slight hug too. Those two had gotten pretty close in the past few days. It was kind of nice that they liked each other.

“I’m going to tell you guys about some of my own experiences now,” I said into the cameras. I heard this sudden scoot of furniture before anybody could say anything, I shushed them, much like Zak always did. “Did somebody just move something?” I called out into the seemingly empty house. “Y’all heard that, didn’t you?” I asked the guys.

“I did,” Zak replied, walking closer to me. “I think it came from the living room…”

“C’mon,” I said, walking that way. I knelt down and looked at the floor. Sure enough by one of the couches, was a scrap mark in the hardwood floor, which was once pristine. “Zak bring your camera over here.” He did and documented the scrape mark. “Carlin’s going to blame us, y’know. She had this floor put in last year and she’s kept it scuff free…”

“So that wasn’t there before?” Nick asked.

“Hell no! I would’ve noticed it by now…” I said. “Do you not like us filming this?” I asked out loud again. “I just want to say that we’ve never had anything on film from this place…Well except for one photograph.” When we did the show we would put the photograph up for everyone to see. But it was one of me in Aidan’s old room upstairs and there was this blurry white figure standing behind me. It was while I was pregnant and laying on the bed. We were both photo nuts and loved to document everything.

“When was this house built?” Aaron asked me.

“1675. The only renovations have been the ceiling fans, the floor, the electrical fixtures, and the pluming. Everything else has been original, well and there’s been painting done,” I explained. “Okay, back to my experiences…I’ve been touched numerous times, there was someone running their finger down my spine when I was in the bathroom one morning…I also almost slipped down the same steps that Daren fell down but I heard this ‘be careful darling’ in my ear. I swore that it was Aidan-my late husband, but he was still asleep…Um let’s see…If you stand outside, no matter what time of day it is, I feel like I’m being watched from the upstairs window. Hell, I’ve even seen a figure brush by the drapes.”

“Wow. I’m excited for tonight!” Zak exclaimed happily. I could tell he meant it too.

***

“Did I do okay…Leading I mean?” I asked Zak as we sat up in the guest room we’d been sharing.

“Yeah, you did great baby,” he told me. We were trying to nap but neither of us could fall asleep.

“Aaron did a Vlog about my ring,” I told him. “Am I going to get death threats from your fans?” I asked.

“Nah,” he chuckled. “Actually, c’mere, hold up your hand and take a picture with me.”

“What for?”

“So we can tell them before Aaron does,” he picked up his phone and hold it above us, and snapped the picture of us smiling in the bed.

Zak Bagans @Zak_Bagans
Me & my fiancée :)

It was the simplest engagement announcement I’ve ever seen, but I liked it. Damn, I needed to get a new phone…I just hadn’t had the time yet and we were in Ireland….It wasn’t like I could do that here.

“Dude!” Nick exclaimed from outside the room, knocking on the door.

“Come in,” we both said at once.

“You’re engaged!” he exclaimed.

“Yep,” I said.

“Why the hell did nobody tell me this?” he asked in a yell.

“We were going to tell you later, but Aaron jumped the gun and did a Vlog so I had to post something on twitter before they saw that,” Zak said.

***

I was on Zak’s phone, scrolling through all of the twitter stuff from his earlier post.

Delaney Ellen @DElli567
@AdriMM Take good care of our sexy ghost hunter! Congrads!

Paige Lynn @PaigeLynn1
@Zak_Bagans @AdriMM You two are so cute!

Joshua Hanover @JBoss
@Zak_Bagans take care of our girl Adri :)

Sure there were a few bad apples in the bunch, but the majority of people here were leaving good things. I didn’t like reading the bad, threatening ones.

Whitney Borgis @WhitneyBitch
@Zak_Bagans You could do some much better!

Kimmy Carson @KC_269
@AdriMM Bitch takin’ our man!

Jules McClure @JMcClure
@Zak_Bagans How could you? She doesn’t deserve you!

“Baby, don’t listen to some of these people. I’m gonna love who I wanna love. I love my fans, but let’s face it, they’re assholes sometimes.”

“They’re just saying how I don’t deserve you and how I can do much better…The mean ones anyway.”

“Screw them. I could never do better than you.”

This brought the smallest of smiles to my face and handed his phone back to him when he held his hand out. Once he was done typing whatever, he handed it back to me.

Zak Bagans @Zak_Bagans
I love @AdriMM and anybody who doesn’t like it can get over it. Thanks for the support. I’m my own person, not some network controlled puppet.

“Aww,” I laughed. “Telling off your fans for me.” He grinned and kissed my head.

“Anything for my girl.”
“You’re so sweet,” I giggled again.

***
“It’s 7:00pm here in Ireland. The sun is starting to go down and we’re about to begin our lockdown,” I said into the camera. “This is Carlin and Daren’s neighbor, Colin; he’s going to be locking us in.” I pointed to the red haired man beside me. We walked in and he padlocked the door. “I just want to give a reminder that there is nothing demonic here-that anybody has experienced here…But there is said to be a spirit of a little girl-Carlin saw here, so Zak, no provocation tonight. These are ancestors of my late husband and I don’t think any of them have been bad. So unless you get scratched or violently touched…Don’t do anything crazy,” I said, giving him a pointed look.

“Okay,” he agreed with a salute. I rolled my eyes as the boys set up the night vision cameras. I sat in the living room staring up at the ceiling fan. Zak still didn’t want me doing any of the lifting and I could respect that. I’d just sit here and wait. I heard them all come back down the stairs so I stood up. “Adri, since you’re leading this episode, you get to pick who goes where.”

“Sweet. Um, Zak and Nick I want you guys down here in the living room/dining room/kitchen area. Aaron I want you upstairs in Carlin and Daren’s room, and I’m going to Aidan’s old room,” I decided. I could handle that room on my own. I didn’t want anybody up there because I would likely get very emotional.

“You heard her, let’s go,” Zak said. We all shut off the lights and broke apart. I turned on my night vision and headed upstairs. I turned right at the top of the steps and took the door on the first right. I’d slept in here many times and I kind of missed it while we were staying in the guest bed. But, I thought that it may be seen at disrespectful to Aidan to have Zak sleep in his bed.

“Is there anybody in here with me?” I asked, after tuning on my recorder. I wasn’t feeling anything so I just kind of sat back on the bed for a while. My back was to the headboard and my legs were crossed. I suddenly felt a chill go through my body. “Who’s here with me? I just felt you…Who is it?”

“Sugar Pie, tis me…” I didn’t even need the spirit box to hear it, I heard it with my own ears.

“Aidan,” I said out loud. “Oh no…” I wasn’t sad because he was communicating with me, but because he was here and not moved on to the afterlife. I turned the camera around to face me. “Sweetie can you tell me why you’re still here?” I asked.

“You, Sugar Pie,” that had always been his nickname for me. He’d called me that since we started going out. “Are ye happy?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I replied.

“’Cause of Zak?”

“Yes, he makes me happy, Aidan.” This was probably the clearest conversation I’d had with any spirit ever. Which, only made it worse.”

“Pregnant?”

“I am. He thinks it’s a girl,” I replied. All of this I was hearing with my own ears. I wondered if it was caught as an EVP, if not they’d think I was crazy.

“Caelyn…”

“Where is Caelyn?” I asked him.

“Safe,” was his only response. “I killed ‘er.” I could tell just from his voice that he blamed himself for the death of our one and only child.

“No you didn’t.” I said sternly. “I don’t blame you for that car accident,” I made sure he knew that. “You need to move on to the afterlife. I love you, but I don’t want you to suffer here any longer. Please, I want you to move on.”

“M’a murderer.”

“No you’re not!” I shouted. “You’re not a murderer,” I whispered the last part. “I know that you’d never hurt our child on purpose…Please stop blaming yourself. Nobody blames you for what happened.”

“I do.”

“Don’t.”

“Top o’our closet. Stay safe, Sugar Pie” That was the last thing that I head from Aidan, his presence was even gone. I didn’t know how he disappeared so quickly, but he did. He was just gone…I prayed that whatever I had said to him would give his soul some rest, that was all I wanted.

I then decided to leave that room, checking the clock on my camera-since I didn’t have my phone-it noticed it was already only an hour later. I moved into the bathroom where Aidan’s great-great grandmother had killed herself. I had left this out of the walk through or any of the information I had told the guys because there was no guarantee that I’d catch anything from her and I wanted to do it myself.

“Caila,” I said. “I know that you killed yourself in here…drowned in the bathtub…Why?” I didn’t think that I was going to catch anything, but I kept talking anyway.

***Zak’s POV***

We hadn’t noticed much around here. We had heard that infamous footsteps on the stairs and we had caught a tea kettle like Daren said, but there wasn’t much else. Nick and I were sitting at the dining room table trying to talk to anybody. I just hoped that Adri and Nick were getting better stuff upstairs.

“Dude, did you just hear that?” Nick asked me. I shook my head. I was kind of zoning out, I guessed. “Something just said your name in the PX device. It said, ‘Zak Bagans’.”

“Is somebody trying to talk to me?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“What do you want to tell me?”

“Protect.”

“Protect who?”

“McMurphy,” I had heard Adrina’s name with my own ears, but it wasn’t programmed into the PX device.

“I will,” I told the spirit. “Who are you?”

It didn’t say anything more.

“I guess we finally caught something,” Nick said. These slower investigations weren’t ever that fun. We always felt like we weren’t accomplishing anything, but we all knew that we couldn’t expect to catch something everywhere. It was kind of unreasonable to think that we could. But here…I expected to get a lot more, especially since I’d had experiences here in the past few days. “Why don’t we go back into the kitchen?” Nick asked. I nodded and followed him that way.

“Holy shit! Bro, did you just see that?” I shouted pointing towards the fridge. There was a flash of something dark, I’d seen it on the LCD screen.

“Uh huh,” Nick said nervously. “It was fucking taller than you, man.”

“C’mon,” I ran after it and followed it up the steps (where we’d heard the footsteps go). “Come out of wherever you’re hiding!” I shouted. Whatever this was, it was dark. I could feel the energy around me…And it was unfortunately familiar. It may’ve been what Adri had seen, or what had shoved her down the steps back at the Seashell Inn. Maybe it was even the thing from my nightmare on the plane. “Why are you following us!? I know you don’t belong here! There’s nothing dark living in this house! Go back to wherever the hell you came from!”

“Zak!” I heard someone shout. The thing was, I knew that voice. It was Adrina. I ran towards it and found her in the bathroom next to her late husband’s old room. She stood petrified staring at the bathtub.

“What is it, baby?” I asked her.

“The shadow man…he followed me here…” she said.