Status: ACTIVE!!! :D

Neverending Game

7

I was awoken by the sweet humming of the Mockingjays outside of the cave. Sunlight streamed through the cave’s mouth, illuminating Vic’s face. He was still asleep, but probably not for long. I took a quick look at his leg. I was amazed. The healing cream had worked flawlessly, leaving nothing but a thin scar and stained jeans behind. I looked around. “Thanks, Brendon,” I muttered. Suddenly, I heard Vic mumble in his sleep. “Stop it,” he said vaguely. I looked at his, concerned. He was probably having a bad dream. He had a contorted, angry look on his face.

“Don’t, please!” he said a little louder. I leaned down. “Vic?” I asked quietly. Vic’s eyes shot open, and his pupils shrank. He was gasping. “Kellin,” he said, calming down at the sight of me. “Are you alright? You were talking in your sleep,” I said. Vic nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine… just… weird dream, that’s all.” He said. I nodded. “How’s your leg?” I asked. Vic yawned quietly. “It feels great. Doesn’t hurt at all.” He said. We both stood up. Vic wobbled a little, testing out the leg. “Can you stand okay?” I asked. Vic nodded, and smiled.

Suddenly, I heard a small sound, kind of like a twig cracking. I whipped around. “Hello?” I said. Near the edge of the cave, I saw a little bit of blonde hair. A face came out, followed by the rest of the person. It was…

“A girl?” Vic blurted out, kind of rudely. She looked at him angrily. “What, is it a shame to be a girl?” she said. She had eyes close to the color of Vic’s, but skin close to the color of mine. “What’s your name?” I asked. “Jenna McDougall, district 5.” She said briskly. “You got any food? I’m starving.” I nodded. “We have an extra piece of bread.” I said. I turned around and knelt to get the extra piece. I stood up and turned around to give it to her. I walked to her and handed it to her. She grabbed it hungrily and practically devoured it.

“Thanks,” she said, her mouth full. “Real attractive, Jenna.” I said sarcastically. “I’m starving!” she said. “I can’t help it!” she gulped down a last piece of bread. “I never caught your names.” She said. “I’m Kellin, and that’s Vic. We’re both from district 12.” I said. Jenna nodded. “Well, there’s not much else to do. I’ve got my own shelter and everything. The game-makers are probably pissed that I haven't killed you yet.” She said with a laugh. I smiled. “I better go before, oh I don’t know, they set me on fire.” She said. “Uhm, ok, bye.” I said, waving awkwardly. Vic waved. Jenna just simply walked away. Not soon after she left, I heard her scream. “KELLIN!” she screamed.

I ran outside the cave. Ray Toro from district 3 had a knife to her neck. It had cut a little into her pale throat. “Get off her!” I yelled at him. “Make me, before I get you.” He said snarkily. I growled. Thinking of nothing else to do, I grabbed my knife out and hurled it at his head. I grimaced as it hit with a sickening crack. He fell back, hitting the ground and involuntarily letting Jenna free. She gasped, and ran in the other direction, not even stopping to thank me. I looked at Ray on the ground, severely bleeding from his head. I felt sick. I leaned on a nearby tree and retched a little. “Kellin?” Vic asked worriedly. I shook my head. I couldn’t believe it.

What had I done?
♠ ♠ ♠
Merry christmas! Hope you guys like the new chapter! Mwah!